Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fury Warrior DPS for WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by ctt4110
    Sure , with certain amount of gears and a nice healer tanking without a CC is doable for a ll instance, But it doesnt necessary mean that a certain group needing for CC = sucks. Are you honestly saying with Fury war, Ret pally, Ele shaman in group for H Mgt things can go smoothly? If they dont pull on aggro on a 5-mob pull, that doesn't mean your tanking/threat generate skill is awesome, that just means their DPS sucks.
    I've done lots of H MGT with 0 CC classes, just tons of DPS, it works just fine, you kill stuff so fast that the mobs literally die before players do.

Just have to have competent players.

I didn't say its not doable, but with good gears/good players.
    With T4 gears ( low hit low expertise) your SA or Dev. can miss a few times then what's gonna happen with a 5-mobs group with no CC?
    The point is saying a group required a certain amount of CC doesnt mean they suck.

Back to the topic, yes Fury warriors have really nice DPS, but in a 5 man i would rather take a mage instead of fury war anyday if there's no CC in our group.

well ofc many wold take a mage but if you have a god geard fury warrior he can do more damage then the mage and if the cc is a problem just get the fury warrior to nuke that target
    1target ore 2 targets thy gows down freeking fast any way
    HornReaper It is God To Be Bad

CC= Cruise Control i.e. you just have to coast through the 5 man and not think

Crowd Control is for people who haven't figured it out yet after 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by ctt4110
    Sure , with certain amount of gears and a nice healer tanking without a CC is doable for a ll instance, But it doesnt necessary mean that a certain group needing for CC = sucks. Are you honestly saying with Fury war, Ret pally, Ele shaman in group for H Mgt things can go smoothly? If they dont pull on aggro on a 5-mob pull, that doesn't mean your tanking/threat generate skill is awesome, that just means their DPS sucks.
    /ignore thank you for leting us know you suck lol j/k. but seriously any pull in any instance can be done with 0 CC. All you need is good dps with a kill order and focus fire. Ive done it as every pull in the game both as fury and prot like this. Yes, i aggree it can become alil tricky if your not doing all the right things like in H mgt or a few other places and having a cc can help but is never mandatory. I just get pissed when a group says "I'm sorry we need a mage or cc" and the person they get does half the dps i can. Thats just stupid. Another thing to point out fury does the most amout of threat for a dps spec. So if your a well geared fury war, and the tank of the group your trying to get in is asking for a cc, he is most likely under geared or cant tank multiple mobs which in any case will drasticly effect ur dps output. ill say it again CC is for bad/undergeared tanks. To say you would take a mage over a fury war if thiers no cc in the group is dumb. In the end, a good pally tank and healer with 3 aoes(fury,lock,mage) can steamroll 5mans so fast.

How odd

There is no middle ground for some is there. Reading this thread there are 2 possible conclusions: 1) Warriors had never been invited to a 5 man because all DPS needs CC or 2) you never need CC ever.

Dunno about you guys but in any group I do we have 1 CC and sometimes 2 OR a pally tank. SH/MgT with mage/warr/hunter as DPS - perfect. swap 1x CC for a Sham for WF and it's almost like the mobs die too quickly...

I have to say that MgT with moonkin/ret pally/Warrior for DPS and a warr tank/druid healer can NOT be recommended. its one of those yes we could go on but OMG we could also dip our hands in boiling oil.

I'm thinking with a group like this early on things may be hard. Then when more gear is around warr will still be up there out scaling everyone, doing scary DPS, invited to instances because they can do scary DPS.

Big difference is there will be more CC classes - so a class with none will not matter so much