Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by derevka

    Better? No
    Different style? For sure


    Better for Raids: Yes
    Different Style: Isn't that why it's not Discipline and is called the Holy Tree.

  2. #22

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    they want to make disc a hybrid priest who can heal in pvp and pve(healed full disc in bt so i dont see the problem)
    but making discipline a secon holy tree is stupid, is like a warrior with 2 prot trees

    And why be disc for pve? divine spi will be overwrited by totems and mage buffs, you lose a lot of healing from talents and the only thing you have is mana regen for your party(sp hunters and pallys have for 10 players) and pain supresion. If they want to make disc viable for raids they need to change ALL talents, i think is better leave disc as a pvp healing tree

  3. #23

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Because put quite simply, most guilds have a IDS priest for assisting a Holy PallyResto druid in healing the MT, then the CoH Priests/Shamans Chain Heal the raid. With the new Disc, it's SUPPOSED to be a completely different style of priest play, it's NOT a raid healing AoE healing spec, but instead a Single Target focused heal spec. Yes, priests have 2 different PvE HEALING specs, because whether you're a SPriest or not, the Priest class is right now the jack-of-all-trades healing class, and is more of a healing class than a DPS class. Now, SPriests are doing mediocre dmg in TBC, but in WotLK they are looking nice on the DPS meters, and they will have a nice spot as DPS even with the loss of VT's main utility. But there is NOTHING wrong with having 2 separate heal specs.

    Also, to those saying Holy is shit for PvP, in TBC yes, but in WotLK, they are looking to be POWERFUL BG healers, and Guardian Spirit is nothing to joke about ATM. It's actually looking on the vids I've been seeing to actually BE a makeshift PS, not quite as good, but with 40% more healing taken, and Blessed Resil, you can become immune to crits so that warrior can't kill you off, and your ProM and renews with that 40% healing taken will help you punch your heals thru their MSes and such. I am a single healing style player, so I will still be Disc for PvP, but it still looks decent enough where we don't know if Holy won't work yet, so let's be patient and see how it goes.

  4. #24

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Here we go again...

    - There will always be a Prot Paladin in your raid (Always). If the tanks were smart, they would choose BoSanc and then get a battle shout. (Duh!)... So, even if there is just ONE Paladin (whom is Prot, all tanks will want BoSanc); Example: More Rage = More Damage = More Threat
    - No real raiding guild is going to bring a Disc Priest. Look below for the two spec's of priest;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000
    - Every guild with a mind, again, will bring a Prot Paladin. Why do you dislike them so? They are one of the best tanks ever. (Not to mention that your Druid tank can go cat and DPS when not needed)


    ---Mandible
    Again, I don't see any guild in their right mind bringing a Discipline priest to a raid. It makes zero sense.
    I dont have a dislike for prot Paladins, Genvere is my alt pally and is currently prot. My point is that the idea of giving more than 1 class the same type of buff is to limit the NEED for 1 class/spec to be a necessity in the raid. While a lot of guilds may utilise a Prot Paladin you are not forced to. If you want to remove the Grace talent it could result in Prot Paladins being a necessity which goes against the buff/debuff changes.

    So an argument that every guild will have a prot paladin is irelevant and if the buffs/role a prot paladin brings to a raid can be made up in other ways then who's to say that every guild will use a prot paladin in WotLK?

  5. #25

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I dont have a dislike for prot Paladins, Genvere is my alt pally and is currently prot. My point is that the idea of giving more than 1 class the same type of buff is to limit the NEED for 1 class/spec to be a necessity in the raid. While a lot of guilds may utilise a Prot Paladin you are not forced to. If you want to remove the Grace talent it could result in Prot Paladins being a necessity which goes against the buff/debuff changes.

    So an argument that every guild will have a prot paladin is irelevant and if the buffs/role a prot paladin brings to a raid can be made up in other ways then who's to say that every guild will use a prot paladin in WotLK?
    1. I will say it again. No real guild will bring a Discipline priest.
    2. Every guild will bring a prot pally to help other tanks, and hey, he can tank. He can do Kings, and BoSanc. Guess what, if you haven't heard, they want to either move Kings down the tree or up to a different tree. Please keep up with the changes.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Not with how its setup atm no, but you don't know if there will be any changes. You are really only acting like you recent discipline for it being discipline and ignoring what can actually be usefull there.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  7. #27

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    1. I will say it again. No real guild will bring a Discipline priest.
    2. Every guild will bring a prot pally to help other tanks, and hey, he can tank. He can do Kings, and BoSanc. Guess what, if you haven't heard, they want to either move Kings down the tree or up to a different tree. Please keep up with the changes.
    I know kings is looking at being moved to deep in the tree... so lets assume every guild does bring a Prot Pally and kings is deep enough in the tree that only Prot pallys can bring that buff. You don't think that tanks will want Kings over BoSanc and therefore the 3% damage reduction effect can come from grace? Or perhaps you suggest every guild brings 2 prot pallys now?

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    If it comes to that it will still be blessing of sanc over kings to tanks since its 3% damage off + the added rage/runic/mana.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  9. #29

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    If it comes to that it will still be blessing of sanc over kings to tanks since its 3% damage off + the added rage/runic/mana.
    Exactly. BoSanc at the moment is the MOST powerful buff to tanks. End of story, good game, good luck, who cares.

  10. #30

    Re: [Beta] Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Exactly. BoSanc at the moment is the MOST powerful buff to tanks. End of story, good game, good luck, who cares.
    Isn't the idea about choice... whats wrong with presenting your guild the choice of using just BoSanc or using Kings & Grace? You can QQ all you like about the talent but you can make the choice not to use it and another guild can make the choice to use it.

    The difference between you and I is i'm not going to get all superior and tell you your choice is stupid. TBH until I experience the content I don't if grace is worth 3 points, it's a bit subjective until you test it. My orginal point was that grace will need to stay comparable to BoSanc as not to give any class/spec a unique buff as this would go against the buff/debuff changes that were made. You can QQ all you like but Blizzard aren't going to change those debuff/buff changes any time soon so I suggest you get on board.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •