So what is Arms lacking?

The poll clearly shows people preferring Fury and Protection over Arms for PvP. So why is this? Are people just looking forward to trying something new after being 'forced' into Arms for so long? Is the tree boring? Uneffective? Is it Bladestorm?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So what is Arms lacking?

All except your first choice. Fury outright overshadows arms ATM, there are many arms talents that are either nearly useless (Imp MS... Anger Management... Imp Rend ... Imp Charge...), far too deep in the tree than they need to be (HI Strength of Arms! HI Justified Killing! HI unrelenting assault!), or just plain suck (Endless Fail, Badstorm).

Ultimately, there are several abilities that aren't that great. And some talents are bloated (2H spec for sure, pallies and DK get similar talent effects for less points), and there's not many tier 1-2 talents that are useful for arms exclusively. They're mostly fillers for the other trees until Teir 3. Otherwise. The rest of the talents look OK. Sudden death and taste for blood seem cool on paper, and Wrecking crew means we can put our points somewhere other than enrage. But none of that really excites me and makes me WANT to go arms, which is the REAL problem here.

Fury isn't solid yet (And prot is almost set for shipping), but it's mostly tuning of the early tier talents too. I'd say one more pass and fury might actually be set for the xpac, and at one glance it's looks leaps and bounds more exciting than arms (Who doesn't want to DW 2H'ders?!).

I hope that was somewhat helpful. I hope the blues come thru with fine tuning arms and drop 3.0.6 soon on Live so I can play around with the specs.

shhh, balance it out, nobody is going to spec to bladestorm, its too easily avoidable, id rather take bloodthirst, idc if that and MS are on shared CD, BT will allow for those annoying moments when there is a nuker against me and the -healing is really useless (rogues... mages.... locks.... comprehende?)
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

15+ Year Old Account

Arms needs more utility if it's going to remain the dominant PvP build.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Arms has a bit more control and therefore is less likely to get kited.
    Second wind + improved intercept + improved hamstring + ms (a more reliable debuff) + bladestorm.

It just depends a lot on your teammate. If you go with a paladin for example you'll have dispells and hand of freedom, meaning you're a lot less easier kited so could go fury for more damage. If you go for a druid you're very easily cc'd in every way, so an arms build might work better.
    It's of course all guesswork untill people properly test everything. With people I mean Blizzard since only they have acces to later gear etc to do proper testing.

Agreed, the arms tree has almost no talents/abilities, that are "breath-taking" like Titans grip in fury...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    The only reason there arent UD Palas. is because... RETBULL GIEFZ WINGZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaxamp
    Agreed, the arms tree has almost no talents/abilities, that are "breath-taking" like Titans grip in fury...
    you poor Arms warriors will probably still have your epic arena domination.

It'll be okay.

/pat

Ever figure that the reason you're not getting "zomg" stuff is because your talent tree is "fine"?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    you poor Arms warriors will probably still have your epic arena domination.

It'll be okay.

/pat

Ever figure that the reason you're not getting "zomg" stuff is because your talent tree is "fine"?
    Clearly you have no clue how big holes are right now between fury and arms. Arms is supposed to be a pvp specc, but now any fury specc with TG just beats arms.

ps: Maybe you should go to another thread and QQ there, mmo is full of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    The only reason there arent UD Palas. is because... RETBULL GIEFZ WINGZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaxamp
    ps: Maybe you should go to another thread and QQ there, mmo is full of them.

i know from a pvp points of view alot of people dont like blade storm that the intended target( other player) can just run from you and hope to stay out of range , but from a pve use this ability rock hits unlimited targets , in a a set prox ......go into the paly's tank zone and just unload w/ a sweeping strikes combo . of ir your tanking great to establish aggro . for arm im more conserned w/ the void they left in taking away blood bath and losing enraged assault that would be up constently when ever the 10 sec cooldown was up . ( procs off of white crits if points in wrecking crew pre nerf)

Warriors have to basic DPS roles - PVP (Arenas) and PVE (Raids). It's assumed that Arms is going to generate less overall DPS compared to Fury.

PVP: Arms needs some form of CC breaker, especially since Fury now has a mini-Mortal Strike debuff and that Bladestorm does not break CCs already applied.

PVE: Raiding Arms warriors need raid DPS buffs similar to Blood Frenzy and what Feral Kittehs bring.

Something along the lines of Commanding Presence, or something.

Offtanking is not sufficient.