Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: tauren holding shamans back?

Directed to the poster above me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    heres the thing... they wouldnt change tooltip, since tooltip has nothing to do with arc degree, they intentionaly changed it, tooltips do not change themselves, and in present incarnation it is useless, ofc if it will be back to 20yard is awesome ability, but i wont believe it until i see next build, where its fixed
    I love how people like this presume to know how Blizzards dev. team fixes issues. This couldn't possibly be an oversight, now could it? It's not like they are going to say "this was an error" then go back on that. Blizzard will ignore something they don't intend to change, not say "Hai guyz weeer changing dis now". Seriously, it's "doom-speech" like that which ruins forums, and causes so much idiotic QQ'ing.

i guess what i really want to say is delete all racials, so that there can never be complaints about Wotf and other beeing op and winning arena matches.
    I have a better idea - delete all spells, so that there can never be complaints
    about any spell being op and winning arena matches. That what you relly want?
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yiffinhell

Edit: not just directed at OP since I see it all the time, but the plural of shaman is shaman.

http://www.reference.com/search?q=Shamans

Shamanism refers to a range of traditional beliefs and practices concerned with communication with the spirit world. Practitioners of shamanism are known as shamans. There are many variations of shamanism throughout the world, though there are some beliefs that are shared by all forms of shamanism
    But I've also seen other reference resources citing that the plural is shaman, so I have to say, I'm unclear on it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan
    Kind of like your grammar is to the English language...

I do like however, how you only capitalize words related to WoW. Well, if you skip the "A" in As, and the PS.
    1. there are no capitals at all in my post.

2 my grammar is fine except missing 2 x ' .....wow...may Shakespeare strike me down where i stand...if i wanted ur opinion on my English i'd beat it outta ya.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by wangjinrei

i guess what i really want to say is delete all racials, so that there can never be complaints about Wotf and other beeing op and winning arena matches.
    They made games people like you like, they're called first person shooters. I'd recommend Cs: source, Battlefield 2 or unreal or something. Mmo's should get more and more diversity between classes not the other way around so... bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar
    I love how people like this presume to know how Blizzards dev. team fixes issues. This couldn't possibly be an oversight, now could it? It's not like they are going to say "this was an error" then go back on that. Blizzard will ignore something they don't intend to change, not say "Hai guyz weeer changing dis now". Seriously, it's "doom-speech" like that which ruins forums, and causes so much idiotic QQ'ing.
    maybe its just me, but i have seen quite a few Blues "dont worry, we will fix this" and "its not intended, will be looked at soon" and almost every single time they didnt fix anything. so, as i said, i wont believe they fixed it, until they really fix it.

one example for all of them
    2.3 ZA patch, PTR notes

step 1: Lightning Overload, changed form 5% chance for identical spell to 20% chance, 50% damage, only base one, meaning it gained full effect of SP, eleshamans were happy as never before, we thought, that finally our scalling issues are adressed

step 2: LB and CL cast time nerfed by 0,5s, talent in ele tree nerfed appropriately (playin and simple 14% coef loss), shaman came to boards with math, that this isnt that bad, it will actually nerf standart dmg by 2% or so, but in a long run, we will get better scalling thanks to new LO, Blue said, that changes, if anything, shouldnt lower our dmg now

step 3: Blue stated "LO aint supposed to work with base damage" and nerfed LO, so it was now really only hald a damage per bolt. Shaman came with math, proving about 7% dmg loss due to that, several days after that, many shaman tried it on PTRs and came with same results, substainial dmg loss, it was on forums every day, tests shown what it will do

...approximately 35 days of waiting for blue response...

step 4: one day before release on live, Blue announced new shaman change "we changed LB coef to between 2,5s and 3s cast, now, shaman with under 1150 SD will se slightly increased dmg 1150-1200 SD shaman wont see any change and 1200+ will see marginal decrease of dmg", also meaning their incompetence in fixing anything by normal means, only by manual changing mechanics, which simply doesnt help in a long run at all

---------------------------

result 1: Blue said something, which was tru only for undergeared shaman, nerf for any serious raiding shaman, whereas those changes have most impact, thus acts didnt fullfil Blue words

result 2: Eleshaman pvp was severely nerfed, since eleshaman, in order to have same damage as before the patch, had to go deeper to the ele tree and popular spec was 37/24 with -30% silence duration (or in that time still 15% chance to resist silence? dunno now), but got screwed and shammy almost had to go for 40/21

result 3: every serious raiding shaman it that time had already around 1k SD unbuffed, meaning 1200dmg raidbuffed, thus dmg loss

result 4: shaman scalling was nerfed without any compensation, LB was simply normal nuke with alittle bit boosted coefficient, but no other raid debuff, which could help him

and that was happening almost every single patch
    now, i beg u pardon, if im not exactly convinced, that Thunderstorm will be reverted back, but i have my experience. They can really raise their reputation with me, if tmrw will be TS back at 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakagi
    why useless? The 20yrd to 5 yrd change was meant to be how high not how far the knockback went - it was an error that was pretty much immediately acknowledged by a blue
    After going over it, i believe that it's meant to be a 5 yard knockback. Not "up" distance at all, just knockback. *5 yards* okay done. It never matters if a blue posts anything until wrath is complete. Why would they change the tooltip to 5 if they intend it to be 20?

BTW this was mentioned in quite a few other posts so im gonna stop here. Druid typhoon: 5 yards. Maybe druids complained about the knockback distance of thunderstorm. idk. prolly.
    Do not underestimate us.

Arena whining destroys character uniqueness in Wow. Thanks a lot. Now shut up and learn 2 enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite
    After going over it, i believe that it's meant to be a 5 yard knockback. Not "up" distance at all, just knockback. *5 yards* okay done. It never matters if a blue posts anything until wrath is complete. Why would they change the tooltip to 5 if they intend it to be 20?

BTW this was mentioned in quite a few other posts so im gonna stop here. Druid typhoon: 5 yards. Maybe druids complained about the knockback distance of thunderstorm. idk. prolly.

haha its politics, they saw people go nuts when they said 5 yards and decided to say it was a mistake meaning to say 5 yards up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite
    ye, exactly, but it was alread ymentioned too, that TS in old form has its drawbacks versus typhoon, namely:

range (PBAoE, not usable vs casters quite abit away)
    cooldown
    damage (which, actually is lower than the typhoon one)

and has its shine in the
    manacost
    knockback
    your target can be behind you

now, with nerfed knockback, it lost 2 of 3 shines, knockback, and also ability to knock someone behind you, sure it still can, but seriously, 5 yards? GCD wont even finish and meleer is already on you

so from what i see, once again, eleshaman has worse 1/1 pointer than moonkin, which is deeper in the tree

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wangjinrei
    maybe racials should just be deleted.
    Racials are fine. This way everyone got something special. Also more people roll Tauren Warriors and become a tank because of the 5% hp which is fine. And lots of people roll a Human Rogue for Perception, or an Undead for Will of the Forsaken. Imo this is great and just as it should be. There is also alot of lore in it which I like.

Bah, maybe Druids and Rogues should just be deleted.... :-X