BS leveling in wotlk!?

Hi guys

I just wanted to ask if blizzard has any plans to reduce the costs of profession rerolls.

All i know for now is that blizzard wants DKs to farm their professions just like everyone else, but i'm afraid that the costs for leveling professions from 300 to 375 will raise dramatically...

Just take Blacksmithing as an example:
    for Blacksmithing from 300 to 375 you need huge amounts of primal fire and water.
    The blacksmithing guide of the official blizzardforum says something about 60 primal fire and 80 primal water or something like that.
    On my server both of them cost about 20-40g ... so in the best case you would pay 2800 gold just for the primals.
    Once wotlk releases nobody wants to farm primals anymore and the prices will explode... so if i want my DK to get blacksmithing to 375 i will have to farm those primals which will take me at least 1 day playtime farming jsut elementals (sounds funny, doesn't it) ... now i just imagine farming all the mats from Blacksmithing skill 1-375 (actually i've already begun to farm with my lock xD) I'd farm mats that would bring me about 10 - 15k gold if i'd sell them.

I have no doubt that blizzard will make professionleveling above 375 at least as hard as it was in BC so ... I'd have to invest about 20-25k gold on just skilling blacksmithing.
    But not just that i have to spend that money ... to get blacksmithing high up i need reputation with the aldor/scryers for some recipes. So even if i would powerlevel my profession more effective than the powerlevelingguide i'd have to spend at least 10k gold and huge amounts of time farming primals, ores and reputationfarming just to get Blacksmithing high enough to reach wotlk niveau.

So my question is: Are there any plans to reduce the mats needed to powerlevel a profession, cause if there are
    no plans professionleveling will become even more horrible and worse even more expensive.
    i know that blizzard wants to make BS a hard profession to level, but it simply cannot take such huge amounts of money and time to level this profession.
    I'd suggest to give BS-trainers new recipes for more effective BS leveling, from skill 280-300 and from skill 350 to 375.

If not this is going to be a very very boring time for me : /

Re: BS leveling in wotlk!?

My Blacksmithing from 360-375 cost no more than 1000g...

You only need about 50 Khorium bars and 60 primals in total, not that bad for me

Thats with the Khorium belt recipe

I don't see them redicing the regent cost, nor allowing you to level from 360 onwards with new wotlk recipe's. It didnt happen with BC, and doubt it will in wotlk.

Btw my warriors level 68 and has 375 BSing

Still not sure out of axe or sword speciality...any ideas?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...59901&sid=2000

Scroll down to the 7th post. The WotLK recipes start at 350 skill, allowing you to skip the extremely expensive 360-375 Burning Crusade recipes.

Mmmm yeah ^ what he said. Also, if you spent 1,000 gold on 360-375 blacksmithing...you're an idiot. One word: felsteel. You don't need any primals for blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyukimot
    Still not sure out of axe or sword speciality...any ideas?
    This is offtopic but go Mace
    [size=20pt][move][size=20pt]Falcon Punch![/size][/move]

Leveling BS from 300 to 375 didnt cost me hardly anything. Now granted you actually have to go out and do some farming. But the only primals I really needed were Earth, which atm are dirt cheap. Between sharpening stone and weightstones, you have the fel iron sets for early progression. From 360 to 375 the felsteel sets. The recipe that works the best is the Felsteel Gloves which is easily farmed in Auchenai Crypts. If you just want to farm the recipe, do the instance on easy mode or do it on heroic if you want to farm some badges along with it.

6 Felsteel bars requires 36 fel iron and 24 eternium. Fel iron is found in immense abundance in HFP. Eternium has a chance to drop off every mine, though I believe the chances are higher on Adamantite and Khorium than Fel Iron. So as you farm the fel iron, which really doesn't and won't take long, you will be gathering some eternium. Once you have sufficient FI, head to Terrokar or BEM and farm the Adamantite/Khorium or head to the AH and grab some eternium too in order to save some time. Smelt it down, and start crafting. Currently the price of the ore outweighs the price of the items created, so from an economical standpoint, you don't gain much in the way of gold, but earning gold for skill points far outweighs having to pay for them.

And if you decide to buy the eternium, the price of the gloves should pay or mostly pay for the ore you purchased. And FYI, the pants recipe drops in Arcatraz and the helm recipe drops in SLabs. The pants recipe is by far the harder one to get as there are only 2 mobs,in the same room as last boss, in the whole instance that can drop it and the drop rate is approx. 10-15%. So from a strictly prof leveling prospective, the gloves are the way to go and they will carry you all the way to 375 and beyond actually, as they are still yellow at 375, so save felsteel bars for xpak and you can level beyond 375 and learn a few more patterns quicker without having to farm as many new ore which will be in high demand and low availability with all the miners farming alongside you.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceTheRogue
    This is offtopic but go Mace

Why mace? no stun anymore...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by saiyukimot

Why mace? no stun anymore...
    Stormherald has a 4 second stun on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar
    Stormherald has a 4 second stun on it.
    People will most likely not use stunherald in wotlk?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by snux
    People will most likely not use stunherald in wotlk?
    WotLK isn't out yet. Also, he didn't ask what he should level for the expansion, just what he should level. And either way, we won't know what's best for the expansion anyhow.