Poll: How good is the change i mentioned?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea on Changing Metamorphosis

I know that most warlocks are hating Metamorphosis(i still say it looks and sounds cool) so i came up with an idea to change it. And im being serious, im not trying to troll or anything but here is my idea:

Demon Supremacy:

You and your demon gain a aura of darkness around you. Increases you and your demons damage by 10-50%(duno what proper range would be), crit chance by 10-50%(again, dunno which), armor by 360% and reduces duration of CC by 20-50%. Last 15-30 seconds.

As you can see it increases damage, crit,armor and reduces duration of CC by 20-50. I bet some of it could go to make it more balances but at least our demons can stay out. Thoughts?

And if you dont like this post what you think you would like to see. Cuz if you say no, say why and your idea for what it should be. Cuz i mean if you dont like meta and you cant think of an idea well DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

Re: Idea on Changing Metamorphosis

No. If you had all these changes AND soul link/demo knowledge/demo mastery it would way too strong. So no thanks. Personally I think Metamorphosis is just a bad concept. Too long of cooldown to be a useful 51 pointer in my opinion.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    No. If you had all these changes AND soul link/demo knowledge/demo mastery it would way too strong. So no thanks. Personally I think Metamorphosis is just a bad concept. Too long of cooldown to be a useful 51 pointer in my opinion.
    So...then if you had a chance to change it what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    So...then if you had a chance to change it what would it be?
    Turn your pet in to this demonforn, it retains it current spells (soul link, master demonologist, etc), but all damage now has to pass through the pet before it gets to you. So it could be a 5-7k damage shield/oh shit button.
    This user has been banned.

I liked the concept. Your ideas are ridiculously OP, not that I mind, but mages will QQ again because we would be able to wreck them so easily again. The model, when I last saw it looked like Illidan's and Leotheras' shadow forms which don't look all that cool as a player.

I voted no because I dont like when people who dont know what % or numbers to use, they write range of number instead to simply write "x%".
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

just give it a ability that is pve orientated like a passive damage increase or a timer ability which increase damage like blade furry as it is atm i wont use it in a pve spec at all

I dont know why they cant just make it like leo and illidan's demon forms.

360% armor, reduce duration of stuns and movement impairing effects by 25%, keeps your current pet out however stuns them for the duration. While in demon form we gain a modified version of Illidans shadow blast that deals roughly 2x the damage of current top rank shadow bolt with the AoE effect. Plus an aura dealing shadow or fire damage. Shadow Prison too would be awesome for CC, like a 5 second stun short CD but longer than metas buff time. Also make it so it replenishes our hp and mana back to 100% in human form. Then it may acutally equal ruin.

None of this stupid melee crap.

Deleted

ridiculous pvp stuff here...

I think the form is great as it is. A really nice oh-shit button, especially now that the darn cd of the immolate aura is gone.

In PvE, it's nice to save your demon from dying (don't know if it is intended, but even if the demon is dead, but you still have the pet bar, it reappears fully after the form wears out).

In PvP it's nice to be at least somewhat of a rogue counter. It be usable while stunned and break it that once though in order to be effective.

Throw away Metamorphosis for Warlocks and save it for another Hero class, Demonhunter

A good idea I had once heard from someone was that Metamorphosis should have different effects depending on what pet you have out. Like if you had a Voidwalker out and used the ability, you and your pet would merge, turning you into a half void half warlock where your stamina, armor, and threat would be increased. Or if you had a Felguard out, your spell damage would convert into AP and turn yourself into a melee dps for a short time.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by juelz
    A good idea I had once heard from someone was that Metamorphosis should have different effects depending on what pet you have out. Like if you had a Voidwalker out and used the ability, you and your pet would merge, turning you into a half void half warlock where your stamina, armor, and threat would be increased. Or if you had a Felguard out, your spell damage would convert into AP and turn yourself into a melee dps for a short time.
    that would be an interesting idea, a suppa giant succubus with huge boobs, able to seduce the whole instance, bg, arena.

Mass Seduction ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    I know that most warlocks are hating Metamorphosis(i still say it looks and sounds cool) so i came up with an idea to change it. And im being serious, im not trying to troll or anything but here is my idea:

Demon Supremacy:

You and your demon gain a aura of darkness around you. Increases you and your demons damage by 10-50%(duno what proper range would be), crit chance by 10-50%(again, dunno which), armor by 360% and reduces duration of CC by 20-50%. Last 15-30 seconds.

As you can see it increases damage, crit,armor and reduces duration of CC by 20-50. I bet some of it could go to make it more balances but at least our demons can stay out. Thoughts?

And if you dont like this post what you think you would like to see. Cuz if you say no, say why and your idea for what it should be. Cuz i mean if you dont like meta and you cant think of an idea well DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

I dont know about you guys... but im tired of getting a cheezy timer ability for a 51 pt talent our 51 should really show off and compliment our abilities as a master demonologist... something like:

Demon Warlord - allows you to have 2 demons summoned or enslaved at once
    (obviously only 1 SL, 1 MD, 1 DK buff would be allowed)

or

Master of Summons - When you score a critical strike you have a 100% Chance to summon a lesser imp to fight by your side for 10secs
    (imp would be slightly less powerful than regular imp but maybe comparable dps to shaman spirit wolves)

or

Master warlock - allows an enslaved demon to become a permanent demon
    (permanent demons will receive buffs and give buffs as if it were a felguard, in terms of MD, DK, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by skivoh
    Yeah then hunters would qq about locks having 2 pets at once and want 2 pets as well. :P
    I've thought of this before, but 2 succus 2 imps 2 felguards 2 VW or 2 fel hunters wouldn't only hard to control but would also suck to have.

2x firebolt is not even usefull

2x seduction is too hard to keep up

2x hard dps would be ok tho

2x tank sucks badly

2x silence would mess up the duration

so no i'd prefer something like demon berserk + the beast within ability
    was think 2 different pets but yea.. was just an idea... i dont want hunter talents no thx... blizz needs to be creative

personally ive never used demonology for anything besides sl..
    With the new 80 talent trees, you can actually hit ruin and go quite deep in demo as well - picking up the most hard hitting talents.

still i would never go deep demo for pvp or pve.. and never had.

changing metamorphosis into a kickass end talent soudns fair enough.. but it shouldnt be a bm huntardish spec.

As another guy suggested, why not just consider the "demon merge" aspect of this end talent?.

shifting into this new demon form should give you some added benefits like armor and stuff..

consider this:

merge with your imp (this would be the nuker aspect of mm):
    -you gain fireshadowbolt (name?) at a decent casttime with scaled dmg increase of your own spellpower (plus imp talents?)
    -maybe gain a fireshield/immolation aura that affects everyone in your vincinity (x yards) - which means you would run to the melee group when firing off the talent (eg. more play dynamics -. than just standing still tabbing bolt)
    -giving a spelldmg buff to up the loss of ruin while this aspect is active

merge with your succ (melee/cc aspect with benefits)
    -seduction ?.. maybe a rependance like ability eg. not channeled
    -lash of pain
    -aggro reducing aura ability

merge with your volkswagen (tank aspect (just consider this to be short term offtanking) - this aspect i reckon wouldnt be used much - but adding tools would be nice to the lock class in general.
    Think of it as a nice offtank which could be used to round up aoe mobs in case we couldnt find another offtank)
    -reduced damage - but added threat
    -armor/hp buff
    -no cc abilities apart from the pve taunt / aoe taunt the vw has

merge with your felpup (debuffer aspect / melee)
    -slaps on a -dmg debuff on the target while hitting (which the felhunter already has - except it applies on being hit)
    -consume buffs selfhealing(/groupwide healing?)
    -spellbreaker ability
    -mediocre damage
    -if this is already too overpowered in pvp situations then slap on a movement decrease effect

merge with your felguard(melee nuker - yes its melee but so is that pet.. )
    -cleave
    -dmg which scales with your +spellpower
    -etc..

i wouldnt consider this suggestion to be overpowered. seing as fx. warriors are getting 5min cd recklessness - which is excellent for any warrior.

it would add more diversity to the warlock demonology, which in my opinion is long overdue to some love. And the idea still flows with the idea of how demonology works with DS and the synergetic bonuses of giving buffs/recieving buffs from/to your pet

anyway - i just thought it would be a cool idea - any thoughts?

Theres only 2 good ways for Meta:
    1 - Perma, like druids;
    2 - Remove it and give us a decent Pet;
    3 - Reroll for pvp.

DEMON MELD FTW!!!

The demon and the warlock actually merge into one being.. the cast time should have a cool animation as the two are sucked together, the warlock should to screaming to the heavens as the flesh of the demon merges with his own.

The effect should vary depending on the demon being merged.
    Succubus - You become a stealthed damage dealer with improved stun/seduce effect
    Voidwalker - massive health and armor buff and you should fire blueberries from your ass (just kidding) massive taunting ability
    Fel Hunter - Your skin becomes scaled and slippery increasing your dodge and armor. You have increased movement speed and your damage removes buffs and heals you.
    Fel Guard - Are become a larger version of the Fel Guard and are in direct control. This form would be closest to the current Metamorph effect in appearance
    Imp - You phase out and are immune to attack. When you phase in your fire spells do +30% damage but your health is half

You keep the "demon in play" effects since technically your demon is still in play, just inside of you. The effect should have a draining mana cost as long as the effect is active. You can remain merged as long as you can maintain the mana cost. When you and the demon split you as dazed for 3 seconds although you both come back with full health and mana.

Everyone keeps posting ideas of "merging with your pet" Im fine with that but only if you still retain the buffs that you spent all those points into getting to 51 are still active

first off you lose soul link right off the bat, the merge would have to really compensate for that, 2nd you lose all your normal casting abilities for a few gimmicky abilities, i dont know about the rest of you but in the arena i am CONSTANTLY casting dots, fears, curse of tongues, even with ppl attacking me, now all of a sudden im supposed to merge into super demon and hope that my super abilities kill everyone around me so i dont have to fear dps and tongues healers.... no thanks

i would want all our normal spells along with pet abilities and no GCD on the pet abilities + still retain DK, MD

Quote Originally Posted by STIG
    Mass Seduction ftw

would be cool if they apply the same damage:cc break mechanics as they are planning for fear frost nova and entangle.... meaning it takes a certain % of damage based on the targets health before the CC breaks. If seduce still breaks on any dam it will be a crappy ability