Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Brain Storm] Fun Talent ideas late in Prot or Ret.

Quote from: Ghost crawler
    Deep Ret and deep Prot need 1 or 2 more cool talents. We'll carve out room by bundling or just swapping out some of the current talents.

I know I have a couple of slick ideas.

First, Lets add a new Seal low in the ret tree.
    Seal of Guilt
    When this seal is active your melee and spell criticals against enemy targets slow the target by 10%. This effect can stack up to 5 times, and lasts 12 sec.

-This would nerf our damage a bit while we are trying to control another player while giving us the ability to slow someone down that we need. With the damage reduction I think it will keep this from being to OP.

My second is more of a revision.
    Reckoning Bomb, 5/5
    Gives you a 30% chance after parrying, dodging, or blocking an attack you gain Holy Reckoning. This ability can stack up to 4 times and lasts 30 sec. Using Reckoning Bomb consumes all of the paladins Holy Reckoning and does x amount of holy damage per stack.

(x=the appropriate amount as to not be OP. I suggest something based off of main handed weapon damage)

Those are my main ideas. What do you have that would be a good idea? Let’s be creative, and try to think of something really original.
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Re: [Brain Storm] Fun Talent ideas late in Prot or Ret.

Not another seal, please?

Reconing Bomb sounds rather cool. The mechanic is not really refreshing as it has been done before, but yeah cool idea.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

To many seals huh??? Maybe we could just have this replace command then get rid of blood, and then make Command baseline???

I dunno. From a balance perspective Blizz is gonna have to make us give up something to be able to slow an enemy. The seals where the only thing I could think of, because you have to give up a seal to use one.

BTW- Where are your ideas rawberry?? Come on I know you have something uber stashed away.
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

No more seals thats the last thing ret needs atm. More ways to go oom no thanks. But I agree with Rawberry reckoning bomb does sound nice. Maybe we could rep comand and get rid of blood and make command baseline? Come on really? You serious?

I still want to see an energy/rage/runic energy/mana aura....

Then again, I'm kind of a weird fella...

Quote Originally Posted by Degobah
    No more seals thats the last thing ret needs atm. More ways to go oom no thanks. But I agree with Rawberry reckoning bomb does sound nice. Maybe we could rep comand and get rid of blood and make command baseline? Come on really? You serious?
    Yea def. What has Seal of Blood done for you lately that vengence can't?

Also, Come on you can't post complaining about my ideas and not post some of your own...
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamonious
    What has Seal of Blood done for you lately that Vengence can't?
    Stack incredibly well with Haste rating? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by patryn150
    I still want to see an energy/rage/runic energy/mana aura....

Then again, I'm kind of a weird fella...
    What do you mean?? Like an aura the would give MP5 and the others??
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Yeah, but a Regeneration Aura sounds to me to be more of a Holy talent than a Ret / Protection talent. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Stack incredibly well with Haste rating? ;D
    I knew that id did. I could of swore I red a post on here not to long ago that said vengence was working better with hast now, because of the extra damage at full stacks.

If thats not the case then yea we def need Blood. It was all hypothetical anyhow...

I still don't see why another seal would be bad though. How would it hurt us more then help. To me it seems that the more tools you have in your box the stuff you can fix, and a seal that slowed movement would be a nice tool against kiting.
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

I'm actually quite horrible at thinking of new talents but;

Chains of Faith
    Instant
    20 second cooldown

Divine chains form around the enemy, slowing the enemy's movement by 50% for 15 seconds.
    Slapping this into deep Retribution would give the Retribution Paladin a much needed movement reduction talent without introducing yet another seal.

Edit: Oeh! 600 posts!

A deep Retribution Talent like this one would combat kiting without introducing yet another seal.
    How many talent points would it take to make that fair? Im gonna say 3. 5/10/15 sec duration.
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

They should really get rid of divine purpose and put reckoning in ret tree with 3/3 giving 3/6/9% chance to proc.
    and then:

Divine Retribution, 2/2, requires 3/3 Reckoning

During the state of Reckoning, there's a (5/10)% chance that any damage made againist the paladin and raid memeber within (10/20)yds will refresh the full duration of Reckoning.

It kinda made sense, it is the RETRIBUTION tree for a reason...

How many talent points would it take to make that fair? Im gonna say 3. 5/10/15 sec duration.
    I have two reasons for saying 1 talent point:

• When you are talking about putting an ability deep into a tree you have to assume a player has already expended most of his talentpoints. Creating a 3 point talent high up would restrict the player from speccing into a secondary tree.

• Many other classes have a baseline movement speed reduction ability.

I'm actually quite horrible at thinking of new talents but;

Slapping this into deep Retribution would give the Retribution Paladin a much needed movement reduction talent without introducing yet another seal.

Edit: Oeh! 600 posts!
    sounds good, but it should be atleast cleansable (meaning: magic debuff) imo and make it 20s dura/20s CD, there is only one other slow, that has CD, and its frostshock, and even this one has dura longer than CD

Yea def. What has Seal of Blood done for you lately that vengence can't?

Also, Come on you can't post complaining about my ideas and not post some of your own...
    Well honestly im not lookin forward to sob. Honest truth im not in wrath beta but who cares right. from what ive read blood compared to veng is fail.

True i cant post bout ur ideas without some of my own, and i dont post my own cause well how many posts has there been of new seals and talent ideas ayways?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    sounds good, but it should be atleast cleansable (meaning: magic debuff) imo and make it 20s dura/20s CD, there is only one other slow, that has CD, and its frostshock, and even this one has dura longer than CD
    I agree on the magic debuff part.

Regarding the cooldown / duration: You have to remember that we also have a very effective 6 second stun, Repentance and a 15% movement speed increase. I think that without a cooldown that overshadows the duration the talent might become too OP.

Well, I have always wanted to see a paladin dual wield... not that I think it will ever happen, but hey why not?

Why do paladins want to dual wield?

As I see it it will boost the paladins dmg because the seals will proc with the offhand, to balance this it could be like:

Allows the paladin to dual wield, but reducing the damage done with offhand weapon and seals by 75%50%25%. (or something like that).

As you said, never going to happen.

How about;

Improved Crusader Strike
    1 point talent

Your Crusader Strike also applies a magic debuff that causes the target's spells to cost 75% more mana for 4 seconds.
    It would add a secondary effect to Crusader Strike and it would please the Retribution Paladins who say that Ret. needs a way to combat Healers and spellcasters.