Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No more instant wolf form?

Do I read it correct?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/8/96799...olf-break.html

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just an FYI - We're going to be dumping Spectral Transformation. We decided we weren't cool with the Shaman's Ghost Wolf being too close to a core Druid iconic ability. What will replace it is a deep Enhancement Talent that will cause your Earthbind totem to clear all snares each time it pulses on you and all nearby friendly targets.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Re: No more instant wolf form?

sounds like they don't want ghost wolf to be travel form.

insta ghost wolf is still going to be there it just wont break snares

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliana
    insta ghost wolf is still going to be there it just wont break snares
    Yeah i figured it... i should go to bed... 4:30am... w/e

I feel imp earthbind totem gonna be OP... AoE remove snare?! + its own snare.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

no more usefull antisnare for enha, thats it, earthbind has 15s CD and wont even be protected by stunclaw, oneshotted immediately, to me, it looks like they are nerfing all good topt ier pvp talents first thunderstorm, now this, wonder what comes next (granted, they promised MSW usable iwth heals!)

Personally I think this is a terrible idea; it chains you to the totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    In Soviet Warcraft, totem chains to you!

I agree with them that it was too much like the iconic Druid travel form though. As long as the replacement isn't nerfed too bad, I'm okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    I agree with them that it was too much like the iconic Druid travel form though. As long as the replacement isn't nerfed too bad, I'm okay with this.
    Too much like the iconic Druid travel form?

Lets take a look, shall we?

Travel Form: Physical ability. Cannot be dispelled. Instant cast. Breaks all snares. Immunity to Polymorph. 13% base mana cost.

Ghost Wolf: Magic Ability. Can be dispelled. 2 second cast. 13% base mana. Talented: Instant via 2 talent points. Instant and breaks snares via 4 talent points total, Enhancement only.

It lacks the dispel immunity, the polymorph immunity, and the talent to reduce it's mana cost by 30%. I think it's different enough. It solved one of the largest Shaman flaws. Mobility. I don't think Druids NEED to be the only mobile class in the game.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

tbh this is terrible....the only reason i was staying enh in WOTLK was because we were, at last, gonna get some ability to close distance to your target....now once again we will be kited to death and unable to get away from rogues....cheers Blizzard....the totem wont cut it imo.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    It's bad. First they said, "We're gonna make Stoneclaw Totem protect your other totems." Devs. are so stupid if they don't realize what classes are dominant in each bracket of Arena. In 2v2 Rogue/Priest, Warlock/Priest, Warlock/Druid, and Warlock/Rogue, demand a Tremor Totem that is in the same element as Stoneclaw Totem. You get the same 2/3 classes in 3v3. Warlocks Fear Spam and most have Imp. Howl of Terror, Priests have Psychic Scream that isn't on DR if they time it outside a Warlock's Fear spam. In between the replacing of Stoneclaw Totem and Tremor Totem (which should never, ever happen for a Shaman) there is either no healing going out or no DPS going out. That means your team is going to lose.

They should scrap the Stoneclaw Totem idea and just give the totems HP equal to a base amount of the Shaman's HP. I can't count how many times I've had to replace my totems each time someone farted on them.

And of course the whole Spectral Transformation thing. Either the Druids shouldn't have the snare clear/polymorph immunity, or we should get both. If I can transform into another form, shouldn't I have the same ability as another class that can do the same? No? Then the Devs. imbalanced the game.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by ragga
    What i'd prefer is if they kept earthbind as it was, tossed the spectral transformation, but gave back the immunity effect to sham.rage. Current state, against a wise opponent, you pop your CD, and your enemy cc's you for most of the duration. With being immune to CC for 15sec, gives you a chance to get back on your target and if you're decently skilled you might be able to hang on to it. But as i posted earlier, snare removal on GW would be cool, but stupidly strong.
    Gave back what immunity effect to Shamanistic Rage? Shamanistic Rage never had an immunity effect, unless it was in the Beta, and if it was it seems it was removed rather quickly.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

Hmm, I didn't think of Stoneclaw and Tremor being the same element.
    That's pretty screwed for PVP indeed...

I guess I can give up on the hope that enhancement will ever be a decent pvp spec. Stupid change indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    You are a shaman, aren't you already chained to totems?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    Gave back what immunity effect to Shamanistic Rage? Shamanistic Rage never had an immunity effect, unless it was in the Beta, and if it was it seems it was removed rather quickly.
    It was in the Alpha. They took it out along with Weapon Specialization and added Maelstorm Weapon and Spectral Transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by danoontje
    You are a shaman, aren't you already chained to totems?
    I keep Grounding Totem, Tremor Totem, and Poison Cleansing Totem near my healer's general location.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    It was in the Alpha. They took it out along with Weapon Specialization and added Maelstorm Weapon and Spectral Transformation.

I keep Grounding Totem, Tremor Totem, and Poison Cleansing Totem near my healer's general location.
    Oh right. Improved Shamanistic Rage. Yes, that would be something worthwhile. But again: Why should we have to pay talents for something the ability should have had from the get go? But eh. There are reasons against it. Just those reasons were given to a totem with a cooldown that can be 1-shot.

/sigh

I knew it was to good to be true... I knew we would get shafted someway or another its bad enough that they are completely redesigning the way shamans work there AP out so I am gonna have to scrap my shamans gear in WOTLK cause hunter gear is gonna be better why do I even bother....?

Getting rid of this talent for a talent that is laughable sounds like our class to a T after all theres not many other classes that can boast they have had 5 usless talents in there tree since release.

Pfft
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I also love how Druids are complaining that they don't get their own gear. They have to rely on Rogue gear and Warrior gear (Neck, Finger, etc) to be viable.

Shamans have always had to use Hunter and Rogue gear. At least Druids had their own specific sets in TBC. Now we're losing the chance to ever have gear dedicated to our class because they're changing it so we *use* Hunter gear.

/signed
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism