1. #1

    Arena problem in Wotlk

    So i was wonder how shamans would be able to interrupt in arena in wotlk now when they are changing the mana cost of earthshock.
    Since that is one of the good thing we shamans do have.
    A Shaman whitout interrupt wont come far in arena, and arena is the only reason im playing.

    Another question: How come mana tide is a talent insted of trainable since Priests got their Shadowfiend and Druids got their innervate, because mana tide is useless anyway being destroyed instantly by totem macros etc and other things.

    And how come we need to put talents to get Cleanse Spirit when every other class has it trainable? is it the lack of ideas or?

    and im talking about arena, and arena only and sorry for the bad english

  2. #2

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Wind Shock. It costs relatively little mana, lowers threat and interrupts spell casts. And also has no global cooldown, from what I've read.

    I'm not sure if they plan to remove the interrupt effect from Earth Shock though. If they do, it'll be a nerf to that ability. Using a max spell Earth Shock to interrupt someone is worthwhile sometimes. And if they remove that aspect, it's unlikely they'll give it utility in another form. Most likely it wont even get an increase in damage if that utility is gone. But who knows?

    *Edit*: Why are they talented? Because you don't want everyone to bring the same thing to a raid.

    .. But if we spend talent points, we'll be doing it anyway, won't we?

    Har. Beat their logic. Now if I bring it up to them on their forums, I get banned.

    But if they removed them from talents, they'd probably nerf them, and give us something that will not make up for that nerf to replace them in our talent trees.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

  3. #3

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler85
    So i was wonder how shamans would be able to interrupt in arena in wotlk now when they are changing the mana cost of earthshock.
    Since that is one of the good thing we shamans do have.
    A Shaman whitout interrupt wont come far in arena, and arena is the only reason im playing.

    Another question: How come mana tide is a talent insted of trainable since Priests got their Shadowfiend and Druids got their innervate, because mana tide is useless anyway being destroyed instantly by totem macros etc and other things.

    And how come we need to put talents to get Cleanse Spirit when every other class has it trainable? is it the lack of ideas or?

    and im talking about arena, and arena only and sorry for the bad english
    use rank 1 or 2 earthshock...same as we have been doing since TBC came out.


    The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

  4. #4

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    use rank 1 or 2 earthshock...same as we have been doing since TBC came out.
    Earth Shock rank 1: 23% base mana cost.

    Earth Shock rank 13: 13% base mana cost.

    They killed downranking, remember?
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

  5. #5

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    feck


    The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

  6. #6

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Dont really care if they nerf mana tide since its useless in arena anyway.
    Many shamans dont even specc mana tide anyway for arena, i dont either
    and thanks for the info about windshock

  7. #7

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler85
    Dont really care if they nerf mana tide since its useless in arena anyway.
    Many shamans dont even specc mana tide anyway for arena, i dont either
    and thanks for the info about windshock
    Please don't nerf Mana Tide. I'll never get to go on a raid again as Resto without it.

    Why would you bring a Shaman otherwise? Bloodlust? Can't be for our heals, because other classes currently outheal us to the extent that it feels like we're using rank 1s verses them using max ranks.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

  8. #8
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler85
    And how come we need to put talents to get Cleanse Spirit when every other class has it trainable? is it the lack of ideas or?
    We are the only class that can dispel poisons, diseases and curses...
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  9. #9

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    We are the only class that can dispel poisons, diseases and curses...
    Druids can dispel Poisons and Curses, and have Abolish Poisons which now lasts one minute.
    Mages can dispel Curses.
    Paladins can dispel Poisons, diseases and Magic effects.
    Priests can dispel diseases, magic effects (and remove magic buffs), and Abolish Diseases, which will probably last a minute as well.

    Don't say "We are the only class" because Paladins can dispel 3 debuffs with a single ability. Priests can dispel and purge with a single ability, and both Priests and Druids have abolish spells, which help against those who can't purge (Rogues and as far as I know, Death Knights).
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

  10. #10

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    We are the only class that can dispel poisons, diseases and curses...
    1: Im still just talking about arena here.
    2: Why would you need to remove diseases in arena?
    3: Druids got remove poison and curses,
    4: Paladins can remove magic, poison and diseases
    5: Priests can remove magic and diseases

    and all of them are trainable

  11. #11
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    Druids can dispel Poisons and Curses, and have Abolish Poisons which now lasts one minute.
    Mages can dispel Curses.
    Paladins can dispel Poisons, diseases and Magic effects.
    Priests can dispel diseases, magic effects (and remove magic buffs), and Abolish Diseases, which will probably last a minute as well.

    Don't say "We are the only class" because Paladins can dispel 3 debuffs with a single ability. Priests can dispel and purge with a single ability, and both Priests and Druids have abolish spells, which help against those who can't purge (Rogues and as far as I know, Death Knights).
    I meant we are the only class who can dispel all three. The closest to us are druids who can do Poisons and Curses, but no Diseases.
    Aside from that spell, we have a trainable disease dispel, trainable poison dispel, trainable AoE disease dispel and a trainable AoE poison dispel. I see no reason why we should get another trainable spell, we have plenty enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler85
    1: Im still just talking about arena here.
    2: Why would you need to remove diseases in arena?
    3: Druids got remove poison and curses,
    4: Paladins can remove magic, poison and diseases
    5: Priests can remove magic and diseases

    and all of them are trainable
    1: Ok.
    2: Death Knight, and not as high priority but Priest too.
    3: Yep. No diseases though.
    4: No curses though.
    5: No curses or poisons.

    And see my response the above quote.
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  12. #12

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler85
    1: Im still just talking about arena here.
    2: Why would you need to remove diseases in arena?
    3: Druids got remove poison and curses,
    4: Paladins can remove magic, poison and diseases
    5: Priests can remove magic and diseases

    and all of them are trainable
    1. ok
    2. DK anyone?
    3. so what?
    4. look above
    5. look aboooove

    6. Shamans can remove poisons and diseases + 2min totems -> trainable
    7. the shaman is the only class which can skill for another cleanse/remove effect

  13. #13

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    I meant we are the only class who can dispel all three. The closest to us are druids who can do Poisons and Curses, but no Diseases.
    Aside from that spell, we have a trainable disease dispel, trainable poison dispel, trainable AoE disease dispel and a trainable AoE poison dispel. I see no reason why we should get another trainable spell, we have plenty enough.
    1: Ok.
    2: Death Knight, and not as high priority but Priest too.
    3: Yep. No diseases though.
    4: No curses though.
    5: No curses or poisons.

    And see my response the above quote.
    If we have plenty enough, then why do we even need a talent for it? The main reason for this is to help Shamans stay competitive in PvP. How many classes actually inflict diseases? One. Death Knights. How many inflict curses? More than just one. We're not getting magic dispel. Only curses. I don't see the reason why it should be a talent in the first place.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM

  14. #14
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    How many classes actually inflict diseases? One. Death Knights.
    According to wowhead, DK (3 up at a time) and Priest (if they're undead).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    How many inflict curses? More than just one.
    According to wowhead, Warlock (But they can only have one up at a time), Priest (if they're a troll), and the Shammy CC.
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  15. #15

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    If we have plenty enough, then why do we even need a talent for it? The main reason for this is to help Shamans stay competitive in PvP. How many classes actually inflict diseases? One. Death Knights. How many inflict curses? More than just one. We're not getting magic dispel. Only curses. I don't see the reason why it should be a talent in the first place.
    Have you ever meet Mage Rogue in 2v2? or Warlock Rogue, that isn't that much competitive im my opinion.
    I mean, the mages shatter combo for 5k isn't that bad, if youre lucky, you get the rogue down to 20%, they only have Sheep, Silence, Blind, Kick, Kidney, Gogue, Spellsteal.
    And i have a nature swifness which heals for 2k whit ms debuff,
    and you can forget about earthshield and bloodlust, since that is being spellsteald anyway,
    and how about removing those crippling poison, spamming poison totems just work great sometimes, but then again the mage just freezes you so that dident work, and its fail
    and i have 3/3 in Healing Grace which is so pro, naaaat

    Shaman warrior have absolute no chance against this setup, they dont even need half of a brain to win against Shaman warrior,

    And im playing +1800 in 2v2 atm and it feels so good losing 18-24 rating to mage rogue teams, which you dont stand a chance to.

    And yes, i do use grounding totem which is really good, or not
    and ye sure, i can use earthshock for interrupt, but good mages do only cast sheep while im stund

  16. #16

    Re: Arena problem in Wotlk

    Well im probably the last person you want to ask about arena since my arena experience isnt exactly vast however from what I have seen of it shamans are hopelessly outclassed.

    As enhancement I find myself kited to death and if I pop Shamantic rage instantly im cc'd untill it runs out, or evasion tanked by some stun locking rogue...

    What I want to know is how this change makes this situation any different then it was before?
    We just lost Spectral transformation for a possible 1hp totem which has to pulse as enhancement and still have no way of stopping chain cc yes its Beta but unless they are willing to change the mechanics of Shamans this isnt going to change anytime soon.

    It still comes down to the age old rogues and warrior can walk into arena having played the game 2 days and win were as Shamans have to work damn hard to even stay above 1500 rating... pfft and they say this game isnt balanced around 1v1 combat well maybe you should check out rogues lately because lately there is no class they cant beat.

    /pout
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •