Corruption - Instant - Baseline - Jaw Drop

Now with 20% added damage.

Amazing to see a request from so long ago happen.

Re: Corruption - Instant - Baseline - Jaw Drop

the 20% damage is on the improved corruption talent

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    the 20% damage is on the improved corruption talent
    I know, I assumed that was implied .

<-happy warlock
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

I'm speechless.

um... what can i say to fellow warlocks? i guess GZ

Deleted

Though I wonder about the talent "Empowered Corruption" = Your Corruption spell gains an additional 36% of your bonus spell damage effects.

Will Blizzard replace it with another talent or change it or let it stay there? Time will tell. Another change I want to see is, make "Fel Concentration" 3 points. :P

That's all it needs to be honestly is 3 points...Fel Concentration is just about useless in most PvE builds. And to get to the next Tier assuming no Supression, requires 3 points somewhere.

@dismas personally i've some mixed feeling about suppression..
    depeding on tank threat generation this could turn out a decent talent or a USELESS talent...
    soulshatter is the spell that NO LOCK CAN AFFORD TO GET RESISTED, so popping 3% bonus hit in destru and in affli, while leaving soulshatter to be resisted by 3%, it's a sad joke :P
    i'd rather skip both suppression and the equivalent destru talent, then risking soulshatter resist..
    a way to solve this would be to move soulshatter from demo school to affli or destru..
    THEN another issue is..
    considering that the change they gave to ruin seems to be oriented to affli-lock..
    affli MUST pour down a BARE MINIMUM 51 point for haunt..

as for destru we need no less then 17 point
    5 imp sb--> mandatory
    5 bane --> mandatory
    5 ruin --> mandatory
    2 destructive reach --> mandatory (else you shit up everything with the distance)

soooo.. 71- 17 = 54..
    issue is that the talent tree for affli is TOO heavy...

Yep, all my builds have avoided any +hit talents. All trees are still being reviewed though, so I expect a little bloat leaving. Our problem is most of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 talents suck for PvE (assuming no drain tanking).

Deleted

Edited the post because of a new topic, what I have posted before here, I posted in http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15547.0

On Topic:

It is nice, instant Corruption, but as in one of my earlier post I have stated, what about "Empowered Corruption"? If they remove it, I think Blizzard should make each rank worth 5%. But not too sure about it. And if Blizzard let it stay, that's one hell of a "Damaging Corruption".

But I think every specc warlock is a happy warlock for sure.

I guess this is Blizzard's way of pointing out Molten Core as a good talent, even for Fire Destro. 'Locks. Nice change, really - you'll be able to cast Corruption whenever you're moving on a boss / in an instance / outdoors and it'll boost your DPS quite a bit I'd say. Hell, it's great for all specs! Cheers, fellow death bringers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    depeding on tank threat generation this could turn out a decent talent or a USELESS talent...
    soulshatter is the spell that NO LOCK CAN AFFORD TO GET RESISTED, so popping 3% bonus hit in destru and in affli, while leaving soulshatter to be resisted by 3%, it's a sad joke :P
    i'd rather skip both suppression and the equivalent destru talent, then risking soulshatter resist..
    a way to solve this would be to move soulshatter from demo school to affli or destru..
    THEN another issue is..
    considering that the change they gave to ruin seems to be oriented to affli-lock..
    affli MUST pour down a BARE MINIMUM 51 point for haunt..

as for destru we need no less then 17 point
    5 imp sb--> mandatory
    5 bane --> mandatory
    5 ruin --> mandatory
    2 destructive reach --> mandatory (else you shit up everything with the distance)

soooo.. 71- 17 = 54..
    issue is that the talent tree for affli is TOO heavy...

Blizzard wanted bloated trees... they didnt want to see cookie cutter specs.
    Im happy there are MANY options and i hope they are all just as viable.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to go back to afflic
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Maybe for demo, but deffinately not for destruction.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    well not sure where your raiding or if my locks just suck (i pvp on horde lock and raid alliance war well amongst others) the only fights i ever see people have to soul shatter is those shared fights like blood boil or old void reaver.

i think were going to find threat being less of an issue in wotlk. just about every ability wars have is finnaly been giving scaling so thier threat will actually improve in the expansion. and no im not implyong only wars will be tanking dont even start there! im just saying wars didnt scale or scaled negatively and now they dont

its a brave new world

It makes for some interesting fun for Destro. Especially with the new Corruption glyph mimicing Nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Maybe for demo, but deffinately not for destruction.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47247

I would say... it's great for Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    well not sure where your raiding or if my locks just suck (i pvp on horde lock and raid alliance war well amongst others) the only fights i ever see people have to soul shatter is those shared fights like blood boil or old void reaver.
    Guild just killed Kil'Jaeden. I can recall our warlocks using Soulshatters. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't. Either they're bad, or your tank is exceptional, but ours is too....

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen88

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47247

I would say... it's great for Destruction.

I would say it isn't, because breaking your rotation for corruption is ftl.
    This user has been banned.

Going to quote myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quad
    As I mentioned in another thread, Corruption would most likely be used while you're moving anyway. It's not worth not casting Incinerate because of it, just like you said, but it could be quite the killer on any encounter that involves a bit of running around. Free DPS! It would give you a good reason to pick up Molten Core too - something I currently pick up just to reach the next tier of talents as I'd rather take MC then ISB or Aftermath.
    Don't break your rotation, but use Corruption when you have a free GCD but can't afford to stand still to use it.