Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    And just WOW. Look at the Dispersion nerf.

    You regenerate 6% health / mana for ONE SECOND.

    AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA


    GOOD LUCK BLIZZARD

  2. #42

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Okay, you still think I'm wrong?

    1. They tried to take Improved Inner Fire away from Shadow Priests. Shadow Priests are now forced to take 1 point of something crappy for PvE at least.

    2. They just gave Blessing of Kings a MAJOR buff and put it at the top of the tier, AND gave it Improved Functions.

    So again I ask you, who in their right mind doesn't feel like they've been fked sideways?
    1. WTF you talking about? They moved Inner Fire so that you don't waste that point anymore.

    2. Wrong. They nerfed it to 2% and the "improved functions" only restore it to its original state.

  3. #43

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    1. WTF you talking about? They moved Inner Fire so that you don't waste that point anymore.

    2. Wrong. They nerfed it to 2% and the "improved functions" only restore it to its original state.
    Waste WHAT point?
    5 in TWIN D
    2 in Improve Fort
    3 in Imp Shield
    3 in Meditation
    1 in Inner Focus
    - GUESS WHAT, You can't get Improve Inner Fire right now. Where are you going to put that 1 point to waste?

    GOOD JOB BLIZZARD

  4. #44

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Waste WHAT point?
    5 in TWIN D
    2 in Improve Fort
    3 in Imp Shield
    3 in Meditation
    1 in Inner Focus
    - GUESS WHAT, You can't get Improve Inner Fire right now. Where are you going to put that 1 point to waste?

    GOOD JOB BLIZZARD
    What?

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152301351

  5. #45

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    It seems like the CM's have listened to the priests concerns... and did the complete and total opposite.

    After the last beta build I was starting to look forward to continuing playing my priest... *pooof* on beta patch after and I don't even want to look at it anymore.

    Thanks for making Dispersion worse when we said it just wasn't enough to be a 51 pointer. Thanks for nerfing innerfire a tad bit more and not even touching the mechanic. Make it a undispellable buff, much like AI/Fel Armour... and I'd be somewhat happy with the new nerf. Thanks for nerfing the one thing we've asked for a long time for fade... a pvp use. Thanks for giving us a reason to spec into spirit tap... then nerf it to bejesus after 3 years. Thanks for nerfing the shit out of misery after making it a worthy talent. Thanks for giving us a reason to stack spirit... then nerf the talent back into the middle of last month.

    I am not even going to touch the other trees because it's clear enough already that you've lost your touch with the priest class. Remove the priest adn replace it with the DK... it will solve everything.

    @ nazrakin : Please. Use an updated priest talent calculator. Absolution and Improve Inner Spirit have swapped places. Do that same talent spec but this time do it with putting 3 points into ABSOLUTION on that calculator... WASTED TALENT POINT. kthxbye.

  6. #46

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    OMFG
    All I have to say is this; Read the new Rapture.


    NERFED INTO THE FKING GROUND

    That's it, I've decided I'm done with Priest until changes are fixed.

    Thank you, Blizz, Death Knight here I come!
    New Rapture is not necessarily a nerf. If you could read and knew how to do any sort of math, its nearly the same thing if not better. If you run current numbers (at lvl 70) its an easy buff, returning nearly twice as much mana. At level 80 its yet to be seen. And the wording suggests that when a shield absorbs dmg (if the shield takes more than one hit) you get a mana return, which returns the shield part to its original state. stfu, just because you can read forums doesn't mean you know anything.


    And just WOW. Look at the Dispersion nerf.

    You regenerate 6% health / mana for ONE SECOND.

    AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA


    GOOD LUCK BLIZZARD
    You're an idiot, you read it wrong, its still 6 seconds. The nerf is that its down by 30% on dmg reduction and they took away the health regen. Please stfu.



  7. #47

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by mortistangit
    New Rapture is not necessarily a nerf. If you could read and knew how to do any sort of math, its nearly the same thing if not better. If you run current numbers (at lvl 70) its an easy buff, returning nearly twice as much mana. At level 80 its yet to be seen. And the wording suggests that when a shield absorbs dmg (if the shield takes more than one hit) you get a mana return, which returns the shield part to its original state. stfu, just because you can read forums doesn't mean you know anything.


    You're an idiot, you read it wrong, its still 6 seconds. The nerf is that its down by 30% on dmg reduction and they took away the health regen. Please stfu.


    ooo The Talent Calc was wrong, my bad!
    Second, rapture use to be 20% mana now its 0.5% - How is that a buff? LAF

  8. #48

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    ooo The Talent Calc was wrong, my bad!
    Second, rapture use to be 20% mana now its 0.5% - How is that a buff? LAF

    Old Rapture 5/5: Causes you to gain mana equal to 2.5% of the healing done by your Greater Heal, Flash Heal and Penance spells, and 25% of the damage absorbed by your Power Word Shield and you Divine Aegis is returned as mana to you.


    New Rapture 5/5: Causes you to gain up to 2.5% of your maximum mana each time you heal with Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained.

    It was never 20% in any way, and its not 0.5% now. Instead of being based off the the amount healed or absorbed, its based off your maximum mana now. l2read.

    Your inability now leads me to ask something based on other bullshit you've been spewing across boards - do you even know what the old Divine Hymn did and what the new one does now? You really and truly are an idiot. And just to let you know I can read beta forums too and I've read beta priests praising the new change. PLEASE stfu.


  9. #49

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Honestly im not all that mad every change seems to be balanced with a better one. Imp holy concentration was nerfed but in return serendipity was improved to almost guarantee mana back every time from greater heal or flash heal. Rapture in my opinion got a pro/con to it and as someone said the mana back probably balances it out. Atm raiding wise im definitely leaning toward penance spec for healing thou I would like to find a good way to get the 51holy spell but then again thats really for people not doing their job properly and feel they need it to win, I think the biggest drawback as of now is I cant have Spirit of Redemption and penance but who knows what will happen.

  10. #50

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by mortistangit

    Old Rapture 5/5: Causes you to gain mana equal to 2.5% of the healing done by your Greater Heal, Flash Heal and Penance spells, and 25% of the damage absorbed by your Power Word Shield and you Divine Aegis is returned as mana to you.


    New Rapture 5/5: Causes you to gain up to 2.5% of your maximum mana each time you heal with Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained.

    It was never 20% in any way, and its not 0.5% now. Instead of being based off the the amount healed or absorbed, its based off your maximum mana now. l2read.

    Your inability now leads me to ask something based on other bullshit you've been spewing across boards - do you even know what the old Divine Hymn did and what the new one does now? You really and truly are an idiot. And just to let you know I can read beta forums too and I've read beta priests praising the new change. PLEASE stfu.

    Can we be best friends? I share your dislike for Telitzp who obviously has emo tendancies but for some reason feels the need to inflict pain on others instead of just himself. It will be good when he goes back to cutting himself so we don't have to put up with his drivel.

  11. #51

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    @ nazrakin : Please. Use an updated priest talent calculator. Absolution and Improve Inner Spirit have swapped places. Do that same talent spec but this time do it with putting 3 points into ABSOLUTION on that calculator... WASTED TALENT POINT. kthxbye.
    Wrong. The calculator is 100% accurate. Absolution is currently a Tier 3 talent that requires 10 points to reach, Imp Inner fire is Tier 4 that requires 15 points. They've swapped places. Thus, Imp Inner Fire requires less of a talent investment. A shadow won't (can't?) invest a single point into absolution.

  12. #52

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Trying to make up a PvE holy pally talent build, I came up with:

    - They want 51 points in Holy.
    - They'd like to have Blessing of Kings.
    - They'd like to spend 15 points in Retribution to get 5/5 Conviction.

    Previously, this was not possible. But, hey! The devs just happened to accomodate their needs and now they can get BoK with just 5 points in Prot, getting a neat 51/5/15 talent spread.

    I used to play a holy priest, I feel for you holy priests out there. This change to BoK and the other one to Ruin are just salt in the wound that is Divine Spirit. If only Divine Spirit at least gave priests more Spirit than BoK >< (never mind the fact that BoK ALSO gives +10% to all the other stats).

  13. #53

    Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taznak
    Trying to make up a PvE holy pally talent build, I came up with:

    - They want 51 points in Holy.
    - They'd like to have Blessing of Kings.
    - They'd like to spend 15 points in Retribution to get 5/5 Conviction.

    Previously, this was not possible. But, hey! The devs just happened to accomodate their needs and now they can get BoK with just 5 points in Prot, getting a neat 51/5/15 talent spread.

    I used to play a holy priest, I feel for you holy priests out there. This change to BoK and the other one to Ruin are just salt in the wound that is Divine Spirit. If only Divine Spirit at least gave priests more Spirit than BoK >< (never mind the fact that BoK ALSO gives +10% to all the other stats).
    As I explained earlier moving ruin in the lock destro tree is not comparable to DS... it's just alowing locks to access 100% crit damage when they spec demo or affliction. 100% crit damage is a talent that can be accessed by any dps caster class without having to forgo their respective 51 point talents. Not moving it would have been a serious mistake and would have forced most warlocks to spec destro. The idea is to promote diversity not funnel a class into the same spec.

    As for BoK, it's always been accessible by Holy Paladins without them forgoing their top teir holy talent. I don't see your point about it being moved to the first tier. A difference now is that a full BoK buff costs 5 talent points and DS costs 1 talent point (or 3 for Imp DS). While i'd like my priest to have access to DS I can see the point of view to leave it exclusively for disc priests and tbh another 80 spirit isn't going to make or break a raid group, it's simply a case of players wanting access to everything without paying a cost for it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •