Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Affli-tree needs reworking.. TOO point heavy..

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    You definitly dont need impr life tap, i probably would bother with soul siphon either.
    Supression still lowers mana cost by 6% its still worth getting, impr coa as well is something to think about if you dont plan on being malediction or there is a moonkin/unholy dk in the raid

If you are thinking from a purely affliction raid dps spec you are crazy not to max shadow embrace and eradication. deaths embrace im still not sold on so i agree there

If the current mana regen models dont change i dont even see using dark pact very often, but knowing blizzard they will nerf the mana regen because its insane in beta atm. If they do ill prob run with a felhunter and squeeze 2/2 imp felhunter in there somehow since it will refill your mana battery and FH adds to your dps
    Haha, the talent calculator changed and my spec went conky. I think I had the exact points you were talking about

i'm currently looking at this spec for Aff in the expansion:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

from a raiding perspective, soul siphon, improved life tap and exhaustion aren't needed or worth it (mana regen's good and you can just tap and get healed anyway). Shadow's embrace isn't needed (the fights were designed w/o it in mind, it's just supposed to be a little help if your tank or healers can't handle it). With the improved fel-hunter, you can dark pact and it'll get its mana back quickly, as well as dealing more damage. Improved howl of terror is worthless in pve. Death's embrace will greatly improve dps when the mob's low because of the addition of Pandemic. Not only is siphon life going to do more damage (and it should be up because of nightfall procs and the fact that we don't have to cast corruption more than once now), but your UA and corr ticks will be doing dbl damage, as well as improved crit for haunt and SB. The only reason i'm taking 5/5 in fel concentration is because of the UA/haunt pushback, and you'll be putting up CoE or CoR anyway, so improved CoA is worthless (you'll use CoD if you are lucky to put up a damaging curse).

Everything can't be assumed from a raiding perspective. That's problem is we only see talents in terms of Arena and Raiding...World PvP will hopefully take the blinders off there and there will be plenty of 5 mans to run (normal and heroic).

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    Everything can't be assumed from a raiding perspective. That's problem is we only see talents in terms of Arena and Raiding...World PvP will hopefully take the blinders off there and there will be plenty of 5 mans to run (normal and heroic).

blizzard will never balance world pvp

thats why 99% of all gankers are rogues