Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Aerv

Corruption vs. SWP

I don't understand what Blizzard is doing. It's ok both Shadowpriests and Affliction Warlocks need a dmg boost, but i don't understand why they have to improve Corruption that much. Warlocks have nearly half a dozen Dots and SPs have 2, it was just fair that one of the two SWP was the strongest and best scaling Dot ingame, but now they buff Corruption as if it's the only dmg Spell Afflictionlocks have.

Castingtime gone, 20% more dmg added, 36% extra scaling, crit with 100% critbonus, 5% extra dmg and everlasting affliction (which i don't really understand as each tick +5% dmg on a dot that nerver runs out ... bit op, but i think i'm not understanding the tool tip right but doesn't really mater -_-).
    Sps have more things that increase all our dmg a bit, but why not make it the same way at locks like just 10% extra spelldmg on all dots instant of such a huge amount on corruption? This Spell is just getting insane strong especially because it nerver runs out, which means using a trinket/destro Pot and put it on the Boss and it keeps the extra spelldmg all the time, i know it's the same with SWP, but it hasn't this ridiculous good scaling.

Re: Corruption vs. SWP

your direct damage is boosted

affliction's DoT damage is boosted

your mindflay got a serious coefficient boost, can crit, your mind blast/SW has their crit damage boosted as well(100% instead of 60%)

you're no longer primarily a DoT class, you're now more like balance druids, and your nukes become more important, while your DoTs are less important

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    I don't understand what Blizzard is doing. It's ok both Shadowpriests and Affliction Warlocks need a dmg boost, but i don't understand why they have to improve Corruption that much. Warlocks have nearly half a dozen Dots and SPs have 2, it was just fair that one of the two SWP was the strongest and best scaling Dot ingame, but now they buff Corruption as if it's the only dmg Spell Afflictionlocks have.

Castingtime gone, 20% more dmg added, 36% extra scaling, crit with 100% critbonus, 5% extra dmg and everlasting affliction (which i don't really understand as each tick +5% dmg on a dot that nerver runs out ... bit op, but i think i'm not understanding the tool tip right but doesn't really mater -_-).
    Sps have more things that increase all our dmg a bit, but why not make it the same way at locks like just 10% extra spelldmg on all dots instant of such a huge amount on corruption? This Spell is just getting insane strong especially because it nerver runs out, which means using a trinket/destro Pot and put it on the Boss and it keeps the extra spelldmg all the time, i know it's the same with SWP, but it hasn't this ridiculous good scaling.
    lawl

affliction locks use corruption, UA, maybe CoA.... damn 1/2 a dozen dots !

oops my bad.. siphon life the killer dot

Aerv

Corr, ua, sl and co? (with a moonkin in raid one dmg dot more coa/cod).
    Thats 4 ok is said neary 6 omg ... still u have more.

And why sould SP become a direct DPS Class, i mean warlocks are stll casting SBs most of the time and get such good Dots, and don't tell me SPs Direct Spells are better than SB, they have more, but they aren't better and MF was just adjust to the amount it should scale with (like a normal Spell with that cast time would do) and MB/SWD aren't that OP because of the cooldowns. And we have no 100% crit bonus on our main nuke, which you just got with the Ruin talent Tree change.

And we have no 100% crit bonus on our main nuke, which you just got with the Ruin talent Tree change.
    "Shadow Power changes
    Still some work to do. We're going to be changing Shadow Power to 100% bonus crit damage to be consistent with other classes, also doing some other tweaks. We have a bit more work to do with all classes DPS numbers. "

:>

Corr, ua, sl and co? (with a moonkin in raid one dmg dot more coa/cod).
    Thats 4 ok is said neary 6 omg ... still u have more.

And why sould SP become a direct DPS Class, i mean warlocks are stll casting SBs most of the time and get such good Dots, and don't tell me SPs Direct Spells are better than SB, they have more, but they aren't better and MF was just adjust to the amount it should scale with (like a normal Spell with that cast time would do) and MB/SWD aren't that OP because of the cooldowns. And we have no 100% crit bonus on our main nuke, which you just got with the Ruin talent Tree change.
    maybe you should start accepting you're not warlocks, and thus shouldn't share all the same mechanics

now, move along to the priest forum, we don't need your overdramatic whining
    and i'd suggest to start reading blue posts before coming to whine

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    your mindflay got a serious coefficient boost, can crit
    Yeah, as your filling spell, which hase normal range without stupid glyphs, SB, already did in BC. But go on...

Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Shadow Power changes
    Still some work to do. We're going to be changing Shadow Power to 100% bonus crit damage to be consistent with other classes, also doing some other tweaks. We have a bit more work to do with all classes DPS numbers.

QQing about other classes is counter productive,so instead of spending your energy on "Nerf locks" post (that are quite unoriginal tbh) go post on Beta or priest forums the concerns/wishes you have for your class.

From my PoV i sympathize Spriests very much, for a long time they were the "real affliction lock " and i was happy for them , now that affliction seems to be going somewhere i suggest you do the same because actually both spriests and locks are on the same side of the coin.

the warlock talent is still a bit better, but they spend 5 talent points to increase corruption 20%, Priests have to spend 2 talent points to increase SW:P 10%. And you will rarely have to cast it more than once on a boss fight, more time spent making sure VT is up, nuking and mindflaying which was also boosted considerably.

I'm a priest and I think it's just fine. in the end they will probably be pretty close to each other in damage

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    Yeah, as your filling spell, which hase normal range without stupid glyphs, SB, already did in BC. But go on...
    SB is our filler spell, not some gift from god. You're not locks, stop bitching like you should be. I don't get it all. People QQ and whine about homogenization constantly, and yet this type of moan-and-drone deal crops up multiple times every day from every class involved in every aspect of the game: make my mechanics the same as his, give me the same numbers. Because, ya know, it's ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE to balance 2 classes without giving them the same spels, mechanics, and numbers. Rubbish troll post.

Oh and I forgot to mention, @ level 80

Corruption - 1080 over 18 seconds
    SW:P - 1530 over 18 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    i lol'd at your stupidity

first of all just because a class HAS many spells that deal Damage Over Time, it doesn't mean they are ALL going to be used...ppl simply need to play or learn about the class they are going to complain about before they make themself look stupid. secondly, why complain when you could quit? infinite qq leads to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    i lol'd at your stupidity
    OMG BUT FEAR IS OP AND LOCKS JUST THERE AND DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT AND DRAIN ME AND THEY CAN'T DIE

Corruption - 1080 over 18 seconds - 93.6% Coefficient
    Improved Corruption - 20%
    Shadow Embrace - 10%
    Shadow Mastery - 10%
    Empowered Corruption - 36% to Coefficient
    Everlasting Affliction - 20% to Coefficient

Assuming 1500 Spell Power with the 149.6% coefficent and +damage talents

4,654 over 18 seconds or 776 a tick

Shadow Word: Pain - 1530 over 18 seconds - 110% Coefficient
    Improved Shadow Word:Pain - 10%
    Shadow Weaving - 10%
    Darkness - 10%
    Shadowform - 15%

Assuming 1500 Spell Power with the 110% coefficent and +damage talents

4,611 over 18 seconds or 769 a tick

So after all of this...
    Corruption 776 a tick
    SW:P 769 a tick

OMG Locks are so OP!

NERF NAU OR I QUIT WOW
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

Quote Originally Posted by elidion
    Corruption - 1080 over 18 seconds - 93.6% Coefficient
    Improved Corruption - 20%
    Shadow Embrace - 10%
    Shadow Embrace can stack 2 times, so it will be a 20% bonus..
    But other than that he's right!
    SW:P isn't that inferior... even if Spriests will do less Dmg, are they THE "battery" character. Well there are now pallies and hunters too, but the priest got some other very useful things (buffs, debuffs from the shadow line, etc).

So stop this whole "OMG HE GOT SOME GUD THINGS, I WANT THEM TOO!!!" thing, be happy about the talents you got so far :>

If you dont like the way wow will be then quit, it's that simple
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

lol i calculated corruption to reach 10k damage(1.4k ticks) with all selfbuffs and 2k spellpower ^.^