Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Corruption vs. SWP

okay so shadow embrace stacks twice and I forgot twin discipline...that puts both Warlocks and Shadow Priests at 50% extra damage, the only difference is Corruption will scale better with gear because of the higher coefficient, I don't really care either way, I'm happy with my SPriest and whoever calculated a 10k corruption I suggest you learn math for next time.

Another thing not touched on is the fact that since mindflay constantly refreshes SW:P they won't have as many missed ticks...the Damage per mana on it is crazy. You cast once, and keep it up, a warlock has to either recast it before it wears out, or cast it after it wears off, unless his/her timing is PERFECT over the duration of a long boss fight, they will be shaving a few fractions of a second each time...in the end I prefer SW:P

Oh and I don't give a crap about PvP, it will never truly be balanced.

Glad to be of service, I'll post again tomorrow if I'm still sleep deprived. Anything to feed the trolls, they sure are hungry on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by elidion
    okay so shadow embrace stacks twice and I forgot twin discipline...that puts both Warlocks and Shadow Priests at 50% extra damage, the only difference is Corruption will scale better with gear because of the higher coefficient, I don't really care either way, I'm happy with my SPriest and whoever calculated a 10k corruption I suggest you learn math for next time.
    Or, you should learn class abilities next time, because you didn't factor several important factors that also boost corruption's damage

my maths are fine, i've done couple of years of industrial science, which is extremely heavy on mathetics, and i've learned quite a lot there..

Last time i checked...Priests was one of the Primary HEALING class's in WoW...and warlock was one of the Primary DAMAGE class...so...why do ppl still try , as hybrids (not like palas or druids, but priest is hybrid still, dps and healing), to do as much damage as an DAMAGE-only class? If YOU want to deal more damage..REROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwidow
    Last time i checked...Priests was one of the Primary HEALING class's in WoW...and warlock was one of the Primary DAMAGE class...so...why do ppl still try , as hybrids (not like palas or druids, but priest is hybrid still, dps and healing), to do as much damage as an DAMAGE-only class? If YOU want to deal more damage..REROLL!
    as much as i'd like to agree

that's not how WoW works there days, not anymore

Corruption vs Sunwell Plateau

I think Corruption would win.
    He always his enemies and doesn't afraid of anything.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

srsly people.
    locks dots do more damage then a Spriest dots.... surprised ?
    use logic ?

I'm wondering whether or not you can actually come up with a logical argument based around something more than a sarcastic 'surprised?' It's not that I disagree with your basic idea. It's that I find you to be symptomatic of the drooling, knee-jerk contingent of stupid flustercucks that infect these boards.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Using the fact that shadow priests have "utility" is pretty damn pointless. Given certain situations and raid compositions, a warlock brings just as much utility as a shadow priest can.

Sure... I wouldn't mind being in the back seat... riding the short bus on my way to damage meter school... but since the scaling of my "utility" was ripped from my ass, chewed up and destroyed from its former glory. I sure as hell want to start doing more damage or a fricking retribution paladin is going to take my place, smash more faces and return THE EXCACT SAME AMOUNT OF MANA!

That's one thing you're all missing about the shadow priests utility. It used to scale with the damage we did... and no one cared that we only did 1300 DPS on Teron Gorefiend because we returned 44,892 mana. Now we will return the excact same amount of mana as a hunter/paladin and they will be schooling us on the damage meters... so it's fine time we started breaking out of our 14th/15th place on the meters and started getting spells that scaled with our gear (Crit/Haste).

I don't really care if this spell or that spell does more damage that my spell... but when all of our spells are combined, I'd like to atleast see that they become near equal in total damage.

Oh yeah... since alot of our damage modifiers were nerfed because of our synergy with warlocks... can we have our Weaving and Embrace reverted back to the start of TBC numbers, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Oh yeah... since alot of our damage modifiers were nerfed because of our synergy with warlocks... can we have our Weaving and Embrace reverted back to the start of TBC numbers, please?
    I don't think this is a terribly unreasonable request to make, and I'm going to stand beside you.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Corruption does more damage than SW:P, so what?
    As long as your overall damage is high enough to compete in a raid as a DPS machine (and it most definitely will...) where is the f*ckin problem with that?

Besides Raptorg's math is quite correct, whoever suggested he should learn math maybe should look at the WoW mechanics him/herself.

Basedamage: 1080 over 18 sec.
    Coefficient: 93.6% -> with Empowered Corruption: 129.6% -> with Everlasting Affliction: (149.6% =~) 150% (dunno exactly how it works)

Multiplikative damage-multipier stacking:
    Improved Corruption (20%) * Shadow Embrace (20%) * Shadow Mastery (10%) * Contagion (5%) * Haunt (20%) * Improved Shadow Bolt (15%)
    = 1,2 * 1,2 * 1,1 * 1,05 * 1,2 * 1,15
    = 2,295216
    =~ 2,3

with 2000 Spell Power and selfbuffs only (without CoE):
    ( 1080 + ( 2000 * 1,5 ) ) * 2,3
    = 9384 over 18 seconds ( 1564 per tick )

And with CoE (+Malediction) or Earth and Moon for that matter that damage would be:
    10604 over 18 seconds ( 1767 per tick )