Poll: With the changes to meta do you think we can OT for a little while in 5 man/raids(or tank a raid bos

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Warlock Tank w/ Meta?

So as it says, do you guys think we could ot/mt some raid bosses/5 man one? Kinda like right now w/ leo and illidan. Be nice, make demo more wanted and we would just be flat out AWESOME(ive been demo the entire game besides raiding and i love it. Makes me wanna say "hah i leveled as demo")

Re: Warlock Tank w/ Meta?

not likely..

assuming 2000 armor

in meta we'll have 12k, and only for 45 seconds, then we're toast

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    not likely..

assuming 2000 armor

Is it a good idea to start crying for our inability to use shields now ??? YES YES !!!!

In arena gear I can get close to 3k armor. This is approaching plate at the current conversion, but we have next to zero avoidance, making us just as squishy as a holy pally.

cry more what can i say

not a chance.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

So why not remove the duration, change META's dps abilities into tank abilities, and allow our gear's dps stats to translate somehow into tanking stats... voila, hybrid class.

Quote Originally Posted by smapty
    So why not remove the duration, change META's dps abilities into tank abilities, and allow our gear's dps stats to translate somehow into tanking stats... voila, hybrid class.
    the warlock is a dps class, not a tanking class

end of story.. giving us a "tanking" form is out of the question, not because it'd be OP or whatever.. but because it's not our role, and i don't want it to become our role..

and i'm sure blizzard doesn't want that either

Listen im not saying it as a permanent thing. I'm saying for bosses where you HAVE to spec that to beat them. Like now with leo and Illidan. You NEED a warlock to kill them because they can tank them. I'm just saying as a quick OT for bosses when you pull aggro(if soul shatter is on CD) or for raid bosses. So if you guys change your mind ill reset the poll(though i doubt you will).

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    Listen im not saying it as a permanent thing. I'm saying for bosses where you HAVE to spec that to beat them. Like now with leo and Illidan. You NEED a warlock to kill them because they can tank them. I'm just saying as a quick OT for bosses when you pull aggro(if soul shatter is on CD) or for raid bosses. So if you guys change your mind ill reset the poll(though i doubt you will).
    You mean the type of bosses that DK's will now be main tanking?
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

end of story.. giving us a "tanking" form is out of the question, not because it'd be OP or whatever.. but because it's not our role, and i don't want it to become our role..

^

The new Nether Protection (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=30302) should strengthen locks as pure caster boss tanks, but don't expect anything more than that.

Yeah, I can imagine all the whiners going like; "OMG WHAT U DOING WHY U ROLL LOCK IF U CANT TANK NOOB!!!"
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    You don't need a lock for either of those. Any class can do it, locks just have the best aggro gen through Searing Pain.

why... dont make the lock something it wasnt meant to be.

what you are looking for it essentially a deathknight... go roll it when it comes out.

even if meta gave us ridiculous armor, whats the point of tanking for 45secs.. and then have a real tank pick up after you every 5 minutes... sounds pointless.