Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WotLK Beta Patch, Patch 3.0.2 Background Downloader

A new beta patch is on its way, as usual stay tuned for all the changes.

Beta Realm Maintenance and Patch - 9/10/08
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)
    We are bringing the Beta realms down starting at 2:45 PM PDT to perform maintenance and to apply a patch. We anticipate a downtime of approximately 6 hours.

Thank you for your continued testing and feedback!
    Next Patch: Background Downloader
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/9679402958-next-patch-background-downloader.html]The next major content patch is coming, and it's big. In order to smooth the way, we will shortly enable background downloading of most of the data for this patch. People who use the Launcher and have background downloading enabled will automatically start getting the data. The Downloader downloads faster in general now, so you may want to adjust your background download settings. You can adjust these settings in the Laucher, by visiting the Options page. If you want the fastest possible download, check the "Don't throttle background download". However, note that this can affect the performance of other programs running at the same time. [/blizzquote"]

Re: WotLK Beta Patch, Patch 3.0.2 Background Downloader

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Next Patch: Background Downloader
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/9679402958-next-patch-background-downloader.html]The next major content patch is coming, and it's big. In order to smooth the way, we will shortly enable background downloading of most of the data for this patch. People who use the Launcher and have background downloading enabled will automatically start getting the data. The Downloader downloads faster in general now, so you may want to adjust your background download settings. You can adjust these settings in the Laucher, by visiting the Options page. If you want the fastest possible download, check the "Don't throttle background download". However, note that this can affect the performance of other programs running at the same time. [/blizzquote"]
    Does he mean the 3.0.0. for live realms or some Content for the beta-realms? cO

Patch for the Beta TheYang
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

does this mean that 3.02 isn't going to be on the test realms and is going directly to live?
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    does this mean that 3.02 isn't going to be on the test realms and is going directly to live?
    The 3.0.2 is going to go on the PTR, but they're just preparing for it in advance, and changing the things that needs to be changed as time goes by

So this patch is for beta only, or is it for retail?

So, I tried to download the client for the PTR's, although I can see the whole PTR thing has been updated to WotLK, but when I try to download the client I have no access to it... This is for Europe though.

Naxx25 itemization? hope so and bugfixes are always welcome :>

Ok so im an idiot but does this mean the PTR is up? If so i cant go to the page!

For those who still didn't understand this news. There are two completely independent Quotes.

A) Beta Realm Maintenance and Patch - 9/10/08 - This means, the Beta Realms are going down (did go down) für a new patch

B) Next Patch: Background Downloader - This means, they have new options für the background downloader (for live realms) and there will SOON be PARTS of the new patch to download. This does not mean, 3.0.2 is going live soon. We often had patches wo went live several weeks after the first parts where available for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudnir
    For those who still didn't understand this news. There are two completely independent Quotes.

A) Beta Realm Maintenance and Patch - 9/10/08 - This means, the Beta Realms are going down (did go down) für a new patch

B) Next Patch: Background Downloader - This means, they have new options für the background downloader (for live realms) and there will SOON be PARTS of the new patch to download. This does not mean, 3.0.2 is going live soon. We often had patches wo went live several weeks after the first parts where available for download.
    Exactly

I was wondering why I went to start wow and got the launcher and patch update.

Also I'd like to mention that for when I went to start the launcher again after it installed, for a brief moment it had the Wrath of the Lich King logo instead of the BC logo, but then it quickly turned into the BC logo with the launcher splash page showing the Blizzard iTunes news. Some people said they've seen it and other said they haven't so I hope I'm not going crazy.

Yep, brief flash of the WotLK logo for me too. I say brief, long enough to actually see if before the normal splash screen loads.

Yep, definitely a flash of the WotLK logo before the BC logo on the launcher.

Whoa they can't put this patch out yet, there's still more shaman nerfing to be done.

they can certainly put it on the PTR and nerf shamans there if that's what your concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by RanmaRanma
    Whoa they can't put this patch out yet, there's still more shaman nerfing to be done.
    They will get around to it next patch :P

It's gonna be next week. Warhammer Online comes out on the 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    It's gonna be next week. Warhammer Online comes out on the 18th.
    You certainly did not play warhammer yet to make you say that. Its nothing ground breaking.

the last two messages are starting to make less and less sense. If Raikaga was saying it would be released onto PTR before warhammer online, I'd say I agree.