Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    After looking at the last patch when dk's got serious nerfs, I think it's odd dk's get even more damage reductions even when dps and pvp viability had been shown to be way deficient. Jayde did extensive testing on the dps and it is underwhelming already, thanks blizz for helping us out with even less PVE and PVP viability.

  2. #62

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by Iselian

    Your Last Stand/Adrenaline Rush equivalent has a cooldown to match the talents it copies? Well that's a shame right there. And it gives immunities to fear, something paladins have to bubble (lose aggro) to do, something warriors have to stance-dance (lost rage, brief moment of more damage taken) to do. Damn shame you get a fear-immunity rolled into 30% more health, with a (big long) 5 minute cooldown.
    Yeah, and Last Stand is a tier three talent, not the 51 point last talent in the tree, but you're right to be snide about the change, because those things are completely equal, aren't they?
    And again you are right when you say that a 51 point talent should be equal to a stance change.

  3. #63

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Nothing new to the mage. Does that mean we are close to complete?

    EDIT: Read somewhere:

    * Deep Freeze - Base damaged reduced to 1018 to 1182 from 1319 to 1531.
    * Improved Arcane Blast - Tier 5 bonus reduced to 5% from 20%.

    /Cheers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    One of the bosses in this game is a god called Al'ar (pron: al'lah) who spawns an endless supply of minions who explode when they die. I think Muslims have greater concerns than whether or not Shadow Word: Death fulfils the requirements of halal.

  4. #64

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Steel underwear ftw
    It's a Chastity Belt imo.



    (Hint: Robin Hood, Men in Tights)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi
    lol i think almost all classes got nerfed. Blizzard can better start with very bad skills/talents/mechanics and then upgrade them instead of the other way around. This is disappointing for everyone.

    Shamans had Spectral Transformation that is gonna be removed, Thunderstorm got nerfed twice and also the restoration tree got nerfed while there aren't even new ranks available and windfury is not working.

    There are ofcourse good reasons why this is all changing, but it's still disappointing when you think you get a nice skill or talent and it gets removed or changed so much.
    Except mages. Jesus fucking christ if they don't nerf mages I might not play my warlock in the xpac.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  5. #65
    Blademaster Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    25

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Wow! I can't believe I'm on page 5 here and I'm the first person to bitch about the hunter nerfs. Here they are in case you missed them:

    * Aspect of the Beast has been removed -- Not a painful nerf as the only time I ever used this was the rare occasion I'm trying to hide while carrying the flag in WSG, but a nerf none the less


    * Kill Shot now deals 200% weapon damage plus [30% of RAP + 400] damage. (Old - Weapon damage plus [15% of RAP + 2500] damage)
    Take a hunter with a 250-450 bow (so assume damage 350) and with 2500RAP the old formula would give you a kill shot of 3225, the new formula gives you a kill shot of 1850


    * Cobra Strikes now affects your pet's next 2 special attacks. (Down from 3)
    umm a nerf

    * Invigoration now has a 50/100% to instantly regenerate 1% mana when your pet scores a critical hit with a special ability. (Old - 100% chance to regenerate 1/2% mana)
    umm another one

    * Aspect Mastery now reduces the damage down to you while Aspect of the Monkey is active by 5% (down from 10%) and increases the attack power bonus of Aspect of the Hawk by 30% (down from 50%) and another

    * Improved Steady show now has a chance to reduce the mana cost of your next Aimed / Arcane / Chimera shot by 20%. (Down from 40%) another

    * Lock and Load now affects your next Arcane Shot (down from 3 next Arcane Shot). wow another

    * T.N.T now increases the critical strike chance of your Explosive Shot and Explosive Trap by 3/6/9%. (Down from 5/10/15%) And ffs another...

    I know a lot of classes got nerfed this build, but imho hunters got raped ... sure dampens the excitement I had for WotLK

  6. #66

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by saillaw
    I know a lot of classes got nerfed this build, but imho hunters got raped ... sure dampens the excitement I had for WotLK
    Every class except mages got raped up the ass, in short.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  7. #67

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    I disagree that the penalty on Titan's Grip is not "that severe". It basically means that all yellow damage is being treated as coming from the off-hand (24% miss) instead of the main-hand (9% miss).

    Rogues, one-handed dual-wield Warriors, and Hunters (lol) don't suffer the same penalty, do we?
    Rogues and Hunters do not get to wield two 2H weapons =9 ...Getting twice the weapon power should come with a price if you ask me.

  8. #68

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Why oh why is Thunderstorm 6 yards? 20 yards was fun, 6 yards is a freaking small push backwards.

  9. #69
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    12,977

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    F*CK YEAH!

    * Reckoning can proc from blocks!
    * Avengers shield insta-cast AND increased damage!
    * Hammer of the Righteous damage increased (but no high threat mod)!
    * 0 mana and lower CD on taunt (Oh dear god we needed this)!
    * Redoubt and shield spec for 3 points with NO prequisites!
    * Holy shield and imp. HS rolled into one (About time too)!
    * Guarded by the light and Spell warding combined (HELL YES!)
    * S*IT LOADS LESS BLOAT (GOD DAMNIT WE NEEDED THAT!)

    HELL NO!

    * Combat Expertise stamina gain nerfed from 10% to 6% (QQ). We now get +12% stamina from talents instead of +16%.


    But for what it's worth, i'm one very happy protadin!
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  10. #70

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    I am soooooo sick and tired of this.... For every prot and ret buff, holy gets double the nerf.

    Im soo sick of it. 9/18 here i come.

  11. #71

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    IDK where to post this to get noticed, but there's a bug on the homepage with the new bind on account items, the bottom cloth leather and mail shoulders all link to the same item Hope someone reads this, even though its something so small.

  12. #72

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Except mages. Jesus fucking christ if they don't nerf mages I might not play my warlock in the xpac.
    Because you cant faceroll them anymore without nerfs?

    Sad little boy, mages dont need nerfs, they deserve it more to be better because of the disaster of tbc

  13. #73

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by Spuck
    Rogues and Hunters do not get to wield two 2H weapons =9 ...Getting twice the weapon power should come with a price if you ask me.
    Dual wielding two handed weapons does not magically double your DPS. The old Titan's Grip was fine, fury warriors were somewhere in the middle of the DPS charts which is actually lower than they were in TBC. There was no need for a counterbalancing element (especially not one this severe).

  14. #74

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Current DPS charts on the beta means nothing. Blizzard already told weeks ago Titan's Grip needed a counter part, and using the hit the spec already find use for is not such a bad trade.

  15. #75

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by cifer33
    Because you cant faceroll them anymore without nerfs?

    Sad little boy, mages dont need nerfs, they deserve it more to be better because of the disaster of tbc
    riiiight, because mages are so hard to play.

    fireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfi reballfireballfireballfireballfireballscorchfireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfireba ll

    frostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostbolt frostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostboltfrostbolt

    DAMN IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME.

    Whoops, pulled aggro, I'll just iceblock OR invis.

    And no, no class "deserves" to be better because they were bad in the past. By that logic, you shouldn't QQ at warlocks because they were AWFUL at the beginning of WoW, before their review. Same with druids.

    Why are all mages elitist a-holes?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  16. #76

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by proy
    Current DPS charts on the beta means nothing. Blizzard already told weeks ago Titan's Grip needed a counter part, and using the hit the spec already find use for is not such a bad trade.
    What does it matter what Blizzard said weeks ago? That doesn't make any difference to the effect of this change.

    I can't even decypher the second part of your post.

  17. #77

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Sheath of light wasn't that great anyway, it was too situational. When are we actually going to need a 12 second hot if we're already healilng at level 70 with 8.5k holy light's. I'm sorry, it would be good for PVP and they clearly want Ret to have it not Holy.

    The classes aren't done yet so stop the damn whining. Start whining when it's shipped imo.

  18. #78

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by Matti
    What does it matter what Blizzard said weeks ago? That doesn't make any difference to the effect of this change.

    I can't even decypher the second part of your post.
    He was saying you need 24% hit to cap your white damage anyway, so it's not that bad that you have to get 24% hit to cap your yellow damage too now. Leather ho!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  19. #79

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    The classes aren't done yet so stop the damn whining. Start whining when it's shipped imo.
    by that time it could be late, there were several broken specs in wotlk not usefull for pvp, nor pve or they didnt scale past t4/t5 content, and if feedback is not provided (not massive QQ, granted) then it can take similar way once again, wneh its shipped, Blizz wont fix problems of few specs which would need overhaul, because they will be too busy to fix hunfreds of bugs and preparing new content for next patches

  20. #80

    Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

    Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    He was saying you need 24% hit to cap your white damage anyway, so it's not that bad that you have to get 24% hit to cap your yellow damage too now. Leather ho!
    Ah, right. Well that's still nonsense though, because it is bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •