Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gift of the Naruu while in shadow form...

This may seem somewhat of a stupid suggestion...however GotN is not a holy talent...or a disc talent...it is a General class talent that should not pop you out of shadow form...

As of now...GotN is a minimal gain of health that i still would use sometimes except when in shadow form its really not mana free due to the fact you have to pop back into shadow form. However with the new buff to GotN scaling better with spell power i would also like to see them make it castable in any form and not remove you from shadowform.

Just a thought....

Chastise is holy spell that pops you out of shadow form...GotN should not...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gift of the Naruu while in shadow form...

GotN is a healing spell more precisely its a holy spell so it removes shadow form when you use it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

hmm look in your spellbook...its def not holy...its under general....it should not pop you out of shadowform...Chastise however, which IS a Draenei Priest (and Dwarf Priest) skill, IS under the holy tree.

If it is intended to be a holy spell that pops you out of shadowform then they should place the spell under holy...otherwise it should not pop you out...

Its obviously not a holy skill cuz warriors dont have a holy tree and they can use it....

15+ Year Old Account

Just because its not under your holy tab doesn't mean its not holy. Gotn = racial ability (aka HOLY spell). Chastise = Priest Racial spell - also holy.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

this spell should still not pop you out of shadowform.... you have given no legit reasoning why it does....you call it holy...however it isnt in the holy tab...and classes that cant heal (just like shadow priests) can use it....why cant we?

just a thought....was hoping other draenei shadow priest felt the same....obviously there arent many of us ><

It can't be in the Holy Tab, otherwise where would it go for warriors? Think a little.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28880

School Holy

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Just because its not under your holy tab doesn't mean its not holy. Gotn = racial ability (aka HOLY spell). Chastise = Priest Racial spell - also holy.
    uhu..

and Power Word Shield/Fortitude, Inner Fire, Dispel Magic etc etc are considered Holy spells, right?

shows how much you know about priests..

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    uhu..

and Power Word Shield/Fortitude, Inner Fire, Dispel Magic etc etc are considered Holy spells, right?

shows how much you know about priests..
    Actually they are holy spells. Shadowform locks you out of the holy spell tab, not the spell class. If you've ever gotten a heal interrupted you'll notice that even disc abilities get locked down aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingone
    Actually they are holy spells. Shadowform locks you out of the holy spell tab, not the spell class. If you've ever gotten a heal interrupted you'll notice that even disc abilities get locked down aswell.
    dude(tte)..

I know that, I'm not a moron like these guys here.

What you just said, is exactly what I was saying, except I said it in a thashy sarcastic way, and you just tried to be smart

These 2 banners in my signature aren't the only classes I play, if i had to put a banner for each class I have at high level, I'd run out of space, halfway through.

the semantics of tabs and such are annoying right now in this thread -

basically - im just curious if others agree that it should NOT pop you out of shadowform....

A Draenei warrior - a person with no holy spec (obviously) can heal himself...but a shadowpriest cant without being popped out of a mana intensive form change?

it just seems like it should be allowed - its a racial ability - does perception pop a shadow priest out of shadow form?? just curious - i do know they arent quite the same....but when comparing "Racial" abilities it is very similar to that...

opinions?

well.. between you and me..

Shadowmeld and Warstomp make a druid leave their animal forms..

interesting point...i feel that the shapeshifting is a bit different than shadowform...thats just me...maybe im biased.... i do have a druid tho =P

a shapeshift is a shapeshift, and shadowform is definitely a shapeshift

also, Shammies get out of ghost wolf as well when using GotN or warstomp

or whatever racial they use

Show me a heal not in a holy tree, besides GotN.

Quote Originally Posted by afrobotics
    Show me a heal not in a holy tree, besides GotN.
    Shaman: Healing Wave (Restoration Tree... Restoration =/= Holy)

Edit: Better one! Druid's Frenzied Regeneration, FERAL tree
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26999

People who don't like Bacon (of Light) offend me religiously.
    I was there when the Bacon fell... where were you?

well.. actually.. vampiric embrace and devouring plague can be considered heals, although they depend on dealing damage to deliver that healing

I think this discussion brings up the point that the wording abilites/spells/talents use at times is very poor. The definitions of some words seem to change depending on the circumstances and I personally think an effort should be made to standardise some of the descriptions to give players a better understand what ability/talent/skill will do what.

Just an example of what I mean

Reckoning (Prot Pally Talent) - Gives you a 10% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will generate an additional attack.

Whats the definition of being hit? If i'm crush immune under the effects of holy shield the event of being hit is pushed off the table. The only events that can occur is Miss/Parry/Dodge/Block, if I do block and don't absorb all the damage I can still proc Reckoning. Get rid of the word hit, it's misleading.

In the case of Shadow Form & GotN

Shadow Form - Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15%, reducing Physical damage done to you by 15% and threat generated by 30%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.

GotN - Heals a target of X damage over 15sec.

There is no mention of it's spell school nor does there seem to be a convention other than your classes skill tabs which is a poor way of doing it. As someone pointed out there is no Holy tab for a warrior. It's just a matter of refining how things should be described.

its been said befor

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28880

School: Holy
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

yes..when you look the spell up online it shows up as a holy school....however...it is not in the holy spell tab...

this therefor brings up people saying - It cant be... not everyone has a holy tree....

which is where the debate comes in....if classes that HAVE NO HOLY TREE can cast this spell....why cant a shadowpriest without being popped out of their form....

change the damn school to Physical like frenzied regeneration....it should be physical...i mean, its a racial...they are born with it...it obviously has something to do with them as a race....

druid comments need not apply....you turn into an animal or a tree....you dont just change color

the spell either needs to change school....to allow shadow priests to use it....or the devs can be cruel and just move it to the holy tree and i will stfu...lol