Thread: Necrosis...

Necrosis...

Got nerf'd into the ground. this was the one talent i hoped made it to live untouched

Re: Necrosis...

the talents i see that ate a really hard shot are frost strike, necrosis, unholy blight, obliteration, blood caked blade, and killing machine.

blood appears to have escaped unscathed
    all hail king frost strike

Bloody Vengeance got nerfed equivalent to pally Vengeance.

I think from the looks of things, despite all of Blizzard's vaunted 'multiple spec choices', they're pretty hell-bent on forcing Death Knights to be nothing but Obliterate bots with the way they're cracking down on talents.

I'm calling it right now, it's going to be like the early Tactical Mastery. You're no good as a Death Knight unless you have at least 13 points in frost.

I still like Necrosis

I think icy talons will get the bat next. 20% haste? no way blizz is gonna let that slide

Eh. For the DK, it's a lesser form of Flurry. For the raid, it's the same as a Windfury Totem. I get the feeling the two won't stack for the DK only(like Flurry and WF will for other classes) so Icy Talons should be just fine.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Necrosis is still a great talent, it was just op before.

Blood caked blade was also op, i think they nerfed it too hard though. Not worth it anymore for only 15%/swing.

Frost Strike R.I.P. (for now)

I think the 20% haste will make it through. Remember, crazy as it sounds, some classes like ret pallies don't even benefiet from haste that much. And yes as stated up above, its lesser to the warrior's flurry.

Blizzard has said so many times within the past week that they are having trouble straightening out the numbers, so don't expect all the DK abilities to be so weak, especially compared to Obliterate, by the time any of this goes live. Death Coil is doing practically nothing at level 80 right now, there is no way at all it will be as weak as it is now for live.

Hmz... I was kinda hoping to use Necrosis + Bloody Vengeance in my build. Not so sure about that now.

they need to stop lowering damage output for everything. you can still balance numbers without making them 30-40% lower than they should be.
    Tirithor - Death Knight of Rapture
    Like The Fall of Rome. . . You Will Come Crashing Down

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aeline
    Necrosis is still a great talent, it was just op before.

Blood caked blade was also op, i think they nerfed it too hard though. Not worth it anymore for only 15%/swing.

Frost Strike R.I.P. (for now)

I think the 20% haste will make it through. Remember, crazy as it sounds, some classes like ret pallies don't even benefiet from haste that much. And yes as stated up above, its lesser to the warrior's flurry.

Blizzard has said so many times within the past week that they are having trouble straightening out the numbers, so don't expect all the DK abilities to be so weak, especially compared to Obliterate, by the time any of this goes live. Death Coil is doing practically nothing at level 80 right now, there is no way at all it will be as weak as it is now for live.
    I'm guessing they are lowing the BASE numbers then your going to see the AP bonuses reintroduced once they got the base numbers stable
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirithor
    they need to stop lowering damage output for everything. you can still balance numbers without making them 30-40% lower than they should be.
    It's easier to balance it in the end with a buff. Also they want to avoid going too high in damage output when they start balancing things.

Blood-cacked blade have 15% to make 20% weapon damage + 10% per diseases, unholly should have about 3 to 5 diseases on the target so it bump the extra strike to 50->70% of the damage weapon.
    I guess they try to get Blood-caked blade closer to swords specc for a warrior, 5% extra strike with sword specc kinda close to 15% to get a striket up to 50% + 70% per diseases.

I would say Blood-cacked blade still > at sword's specc.

For necrosis, nerf must be made i guess since it turned crazy damage with the black ice + bloody vengeance you could've end with +25% +15% % ~~ 40% up white damage and again 15% of the 25% bump >O_o< , a bit OP.

whats necrosis worth now once all is said and done, with ebon plague bringer and black ice, somewhere between 15 and 20% weapon damage as shadow? thats still not bad for 5 points, specially with the whole bypassing armor mechanic
    all hail king frost strike

Blizzard said have some sort of talent budget, and they want talents to give a around 2% DPS increase per talent point, well necrosis was clearly over the budged.
    For a tier 3 talent only it provided a huge 5% per talent point, and it also benefits from Black Ice.
    Right now its more down to earth, and its still a good talent to get.