Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    not that i care but lol i wish i had my 51 pnt talents dmg reduced but ITS INCREASED TO 6 YDS INSTEAD OF 5? LOL ENHANCE FTW

    Elemental
    Talents

    * Thunderstorm (Tier 11) damage reduced and knockback increased to 6 yards.
    * Storm, Earth and Fire (Tier 10) changed to - Your Lightning Bolt gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your spell power, your Earth Shock's range is increased by 1 yards and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%.
    * Lava Flows (Tier 9) now increases the amount of bonus spell damage on your Flametongue Weapon by an additional 15/30/45%. (Previously 20/40/60%)

  2. #2

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS



    * Thunderstorm (Tier 11) damage reduced and knockback increased to 6 yards.


    Scary to think that if the "5 yards" thing was supposedly a mess up and they were "just changing the distance of the 'knock-up and not the 'knock-back'" then why in the hell change a screw up by 1 yard instead of fixing the whole damn thing?

    My guess, and LT's as well...is that it is an intentional nerf covered up with a lie...lol Good ole Blizzard...ya sure did fool us sharmans again *hick*

    Edit:

    Everyone make a copy of this link...save it to a flash drive and throw it in a safe deposit box or something:

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...27932&sid=2000

    Koraa's exact words pertaining to not only this build (8926) but this specific spell and how it would be fixed...


    11. Re: Thunderstorm Rolfstomped 09/05/2008 06:03:47 PM PDT
    Not exactly intended. It's still supposed to have relatively the same knock back distance, just we toned down the knock "up" effect. Should be fixed in the next build.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Class Designer


    If it's not intended it's not hard to fix....go to the code...and undo last change...oh my god it's fixed!...Then tinker around till you figure out how to fix the knock-up and change it accordingly.

    Even crazier is that the dev's/programmers have access to their own personal servers to test the shit they are putting in...and they still fail =/


  3. #3

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS

    what
    the
    fuck.
    this makes me not want to be elemental anymoar : /
    and i passed on most of the wotlk melee gear that dropped XD
    i cant believe they put it upto 6 yards from 5 and reduced the damage thats just rubbing salt in the wound.

    what the hell can shamans please get a polish soon instead of shameful nerfs they said that they thought shamans dps was particularly low atm so whhhhhhhhhhhhhhy do more dmg nerfs

  4. #4

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS

    good old blizzard they can have their fun one day all the people that have ever played shamans in this game is gonna riot and kill the creators. LOL BTW there is alot of shamans out there BLIZZARD ID LOCK UR DOORS AND HIRE MORE SECURITY.

    seriously we will go up to you and sick our wolves on you and throw you back 6 whole god damn yards with our sick talents which i love btw i just dont love the stupid little "fixers" that dont make any fkin sense... lol but yea oh and dont forget we can have the resto shamans sleeping in a corner bc everyone in the raid will have spirit link taking literally no dmg...didnt think resto could get ANYMORE boring...

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Funkymonk

    thats my armory im not just blowing crap outta my ass resto is REALLY BORING OMFG... imo they shouldve added a talent called

    Shamanistic Irony [NYI]
    46% base mana
    makes resto more fun =D


    notice the NYI as they will likely take it out 2 mins b4 beta ends =(

    but then again my main spec is enhance i got alot of Sw pieces including all the t6 sw pieces. i love enhance and im warning you dont fuck it up ill kill you.


    =D

  5. #5

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS

    I think they meant Enhancement's dps...Elemental I believe was where they wanted it to be.

  6. #6

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    Caps Lock in Title - Bad idea.

  7. #7

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkymonk411
    good old blizzard they can have their fun one day all the people that have ever played shamans in this game is gonna riot and kill the creators. LOL BTW there is alot of shamans out there BLIZZARD ID LOCK UR DOORS AND HIRE MORE SECURITY.

    seriously we will go up to you and sick our wolves on you and throw you back 6 whole god damn yards with our sick talents which i love btw i just dont love the stupid little "fixers" that dont make any fkin sense... lol but yea oh and dont forget we can have the resto shamans sleeping in a corner bc everyone in the raid will have spirit link taking literally no dmg...didnt think resto could get ANYMORE boring...

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Funkymonk

    thats my armory im not just blowing crap outta my ass resto is REALLY BORING OMFG... imo they shouldve added a talent called

    Shamanistic Irony [NYI]
    46% base mana
    makes resto more fun =D


    notice the NYI as they will likely take it out 2 mins b4 beta ends =(

    but then again my main spec is enhance i got alot of Sw pieces including all the t6 sw pieces. i love enhance and im warning you dont fuck it up ill kill you.


    =D
    Lol...and you guys thought I got emo =P

  8. #8

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    lol im not emo im just having fun =D i love the word beta it canmean so many things...

    naw ill QQ when beta is over and its all set in stone.

    but hopefully i wont have shit to QQ about bc i believe still that blizzard is gonna make things right.

  9. #9

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    ^^ Word

  10. #10

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    i edited my last post =D

  11. #11

    Re: LAWL MORE ELEMENTAL NERFS

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    what
    the
    fuck.
    this makes me not want to be elemental anymoar : /
    and i passed on most of the wotlk melee gear that dropped XD
    i cant believe they put it upto 6 yards from 5 and reduced the damage thats just rubbing salt in the wound.

    what the hell can shamans please get a polish soon instead of shameful nerfs they said that they thought shamans dps was particularly low atm so whhhhhhhhhhhhhhy do more dmg nerfs

    dont feel bad... my lock/shaman/priest all got slapped this last run

  12. #12

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    every class is bound to nerfs no1 should feel bad especially bc its beta but fuck yea i still cant wait for this just bc i love the game and i want to experience new shit even if it SUCKS

  13. #13

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    I will have to say they're really "balancing" PVE damage and completely ignoring PVP implications.

    Its hard to complain about the warlock changes when 90% of the talents they nerfed are talents that sucked so much no one used them in a talent combination or the talent points could easily just be spent somewhere else.

    They really should be jumping on rogue/paladin dps harder though.

  14. #14

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    I personally dont have a problem with the implementing of PvE buffs i <3 FUCKING HEART PvE and i love the games storyline more than frustrating pvp and im not gonna lie im terribad.

  15. #15

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    the other funny thing about this patch is that they nerfed lava burst through lava flows. And yet lvb didn't do enough damage anyways to warrant putting in your rotation. Now, it's worse....

  16. #16

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    I've got my Ele shaman at 80 in beta, but unless promised shaman polish fixes alot of what blizz has broken over the past month or so I'll be leveling my rogue when wrath goes live instead.

    Seriously the "BLUE: You'll be fixed soon" followed by

    NERF
    NERF
    NERF!!!

    is getting really annoying!

  17. #17

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    Ah well. If Blizzard doesn't get the feeling of our class right I might stop playing him. In the end no one force you to play a class you do not like to play. Maybe Blizzard will react if the shaman population shrinks below 1% 8)

  18. #18

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    i almost forgot!
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=57393
    stampede STILL 15 yards, if thye do feel TS is strong, how comes this one isnt? i dont wanna to see it nerfed, but if they can have it, we should too for balance and place in the tree sake

  19. #19

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    A lot of the changes you're seeing was the result of us taking a very harsh look at the spells and talents. We nerfed any that gave too much for their mana or talent cost. We changed some that were confusing or tried to do too much. We scrapped some that were going to be too hard to polish or eternally buggy.
    okay, that was said by GC.

    im just wondering, if they nerfed talents, which gave too much for their place, how comes, that Lightning mastery, as 26-30 pointer ISNT considered weak talent and thus should be buffed? or shall i intepret it different way? "were gonna nerf good talents, but bad talents will remain bad" ?

  20. #20

    Re: Elemental Shaman Nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    okay, that was said by GC.

    im just wondering, if they nerfed talents, which gave too much for their place, how comes, that Lightning mastery, as 26-30 pointer ISNT considered weak talent and thus should be buffed? or shall i intepret it different way? "were gonna nerf good talents, but bad talents will remain bad" ?
    Funny for I wrote about this talent in another thread as well But yeah, this talent truely fails. I mean, come on, 5 points on tier 6 for -0.5 seconds? This talent should be tier 1 or 2 talent.
    Remember back those days when Blizzard reduced the base casting time of LB? Their argument was they wanted to give resto specced shamans the ability to grind better. And lower the mana cost of course. Back then I thought: Oh my, why didn't they just swap Lightning Mastery with Call of Thunder or one of those tier 1 talents?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •