Thread: Are you JOKING?

Are you JOKING?

I was willing to be diplomatic before, but holy Christ in heaven. Look at the new Holy tree. Imp Holy Conc is nerfed into oblivion: now increases proc chance by 3% and gives 30% haste, half its original effect. Serendipity now gives 25% of the spell's mana back on any kind of overheal, which imho renders it not completely useless but a weak shadow of its former self. And Test of Faith's effect went from 15/10 (iirc) to 6/6. We were already far behind, and they actually nerf us. Pretty annoyed right now, Koraa will have a lot to answer for. Testers, I beg you to make a stink about this on the beta boards.

Edit: Divine Hymn did get a nice buff, I guess. Though if it breaks on damage, it's pretty hard to use.

Re: Are you JOKING?

Good god the new divine hymn is amazing compared to its former self.
    The imp Holy Conc nerf makes me REALLY sad, that was really holy's only new impressive talent. Nerfing the haste was one thing but why did they have to nerf the proc rate as well?
    Serendipity isnt too devastating, i kinda like that it gives mana back on ANY over heal now..50% was a lot to try and get if you really think about it.
    No clue on the test of faith nerf..that seems kind of odd to me. it wasn't all that amazing of a talent anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fumphis
    I was willing to be diplomatic before, but holy Christ in heaven. Look at the new Holy tree. Imp Holy Conc is nerfed into oblivion: now increases proc chance by 3% and gives 30% haste, half its original effect. Serendipity now gives 25% of the spell's mana back on any kind of overheal, which imho renders it not completely useless but a weak shadow of its former self. And Test of Faith's effect went from 15/10 (iirc) to 6/6. We were already far behind, and they actually nerf us. Pretty annoyed right now, Koraa will have a lot to answer for. Testers, I beg you to make a stink about this on the beta boards.

Edit: Divine Hymn did get a nice buff, I guess. Though if it breaks on damage, it's pretty hard to use.
    I'm not sure you can call it a nerf, particularly if the numbers they picked ended up causing priest healing to be more poweful than they intended... I mean we are still in beta.

I thought the addition 10% chance for holy concentration was overally generous, I think the change to Serendipity is a buff, basically all your spells cost 25% less if you overheal for any amount which will alow priests to spam heal a lot more. Test of Faith has changed quite a bit I guess but i'm sure allowing 15/10 for heals like CoH was probably a bit generous as well.

Do you have any data to support that changing the values to what they currently are will make priest healing redundant? For example, lets say that orginally make Holy Concentration 15% extra chance and it not nerfed to 10%... would you have qq'd about that? What values should these talents have and why?

I think sometimes people get annoyed about changes that seem like losing power without considering that perhaps in their orginal carnation they were too powerful. It gets a big subjective but i'm sure a number cruncher can prove that not changing would have resulted in priests being too powerful. Happy to eat my words if you can show me some data.

Deleted

There is already one "LOL @PRIREST NURFS" thread for mindless whining, use that instead of making new one.

divine hymm still has 10 min CD
    blizz way to say "we gave you the extra heal, so what if it has 10 min cooldown".

Serendipity if you ask me is a buff: the former one gave 60% mana back when you overhealed above 50% and had a 10 sec CD, there for the new talent is a buff.

IHC - besides the fact that it proced alot and the % were lowered, you didn't require the huge amount of haste gain or charges, playing on beta with the haste gear i took only 1 point there anyway for 30% haste. it will be nice to see the % of HC procc going up again, yet you can't get all - ihc was beging for a nerf: 16% chance that you will have 3 Gheals/flash/binding that are almost instant and free mana is something that will be nerfed.
    test of faith nerf - from increase healing by 15% down to 6% is the only nerf, since priest always had high + heal and high bonus from + heal, the other part of below 50% bothers me less. yet at the same time: bonus of gheal and flash/binding (empowered healing) was increased.

will have to check on beta how this balances up, since koraa (...) i will have to relay on myself when it comes to testing the holy tree