Blizzard removes choice from the talent tree

Well done. Congratulations. You did it guys. Stuff looking less "Bloated" for you now?

Talent trees for once were looking like they could all be different, players could have gone for choice, at last. Some holydins could take sheath of Light, others beacon, Finally CHOICE was at hand. But the B word began to sink in.

People WHINING about BLOATED trees. Saying every damn talent was "required". Now, welcome to cookie cutter land once again, ret is ret, holy is holy and prot is tank.

This has removed all of the fun from the talent trees. I was looking forward to splashing some points into ret so much, trying out the 5 different builds I had planned. Now, there is simply only one build to go for if you want to heal.

I blame this on the players.

Re: Blizzard removes choice from the talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.
    Well done. Congratulations. You did it guys. Stuff looking less "Bloated" for you now?

Talent trees for once were looking like they could all be different, players could have gone for choice, at last. Some holydins could take sheath of Light, others beacon, Finally CHOICE was at hand. But the B word began to sink in.

People WHINING about BLOATED trees. Saying every damn talent was "required". Now, welcome to cookie cutter land once again, ret is ret, holy is holy and prot is tank.

This had removed all fo the fun form the talent trees. I was looking forward to splashing some points into ret so much, trying out the 5 different builds I had planned. Now, there is simply only one build to go for if you want to heal.

As dumb as cookiecutters are, this will actually turn out to be a good thing.

Using TBC pvp as an example, devs had trouble balancing the handful of viable specs that could be considered 'arena viable' so think about how crappy balance will be with more specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.

This has removed all of the fun from the talent trees. I was looking forward to splashing some points into ret so much, trying out the 5 different builds I had planned. Now, there is simply only one build to go for if you want to heal.

Although I can't really say whether Paladins are back to one tree per role, I do strongly agree that I'd rather have bloat than cookie cutter specs.

I have to agree, choosing talents without using brain is not fun.

Right now there's no difference between talent tree or a 3 choices menu, "Hi man, you wanna be tank, dps or healer?"

i agree what say about is too easy to choose the talent, but i think that still are some diferent solutions in PVE because the buff stacks, you can not choose some of them and try to made some diferents builds, one for retry can be

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

you loose 1% from crusade and the vindication and switf retribution, but can choose spiritual focus, divine intelect and aura mastery, which probably help more in a 25-raid environment.

my first post here, sorry for my poor english

Fair enough, talent trees are better than what they were, and blizzard have done a good job in making sure there is actualy choice and not just "this is the best one".

But this is a backwards step. Good for ret though, guess I'll give in and spec ret like everyone else.

Just a little love for healers Blizz....