The Doomguard received some nice buffs about a month ago on some Beta Patch, anyway but even though summoning the Doomguard is a pain already and Ritual of Doom hasn't received any changes yet from the last I've known.
The Current Ritual of Doom spell:
- Begins a ritual that sacrifices a random participant to summon a doomguard. The doomguard must be immediately enslaved or it will attack the ritual participants. Requires the caster and 4 additional party members to complete the ritual. In order to participate, all players must right-click the portal and not move until the ritual is complete.
- 80% of base mana, 30 yd range, 10 sec cast / Channeled, 1 hr cooldown
Concerns about the spell:
- It requires a sacrifice and I really think it makes sense because the Doomguard is one of the most powerful Demonic Minions of Warcraft History & Lore. Summoning one should never be easy. But the problem is sacrificing a party member is kinda lame... even if there was a healer ready to res right after.
- Another problem with sacrifice is it sacrifices a random player....which also includes the warlock himself or herself....now that definitely doesn't make sense.
- Requires 4 additional party members? So basically we can never use this in farming... I don't see why not. I know the Doomguard is more powerful than the Infernal but that is already shown by the Cooldown and the Mana Cost + Expensive reagent and how annoying it can be to summon one.
- When ever the Doomguard is successfully summoned, he Stomp the party and stun us then rain of fire and that is really annoying.
My Suggestions on how to fix Ritual of Doom:
- Keep the random sacrifice part, but add to it that if the Warlock Demonic Sacrifices his or her own Minion during the Ritual then the Ritual is completed.
- Reduce the cooldown to 30 minutes, the reagent is already expensive.
- When the Ritual is complete a Doomguard is summoned under the command of the caster for 5 min. Once control is lost, the Doomguardl must be Enslaved to maintain control.
--- Note that --- the spell sacrifices a random party member or a minion (So basically if the Warlock uses Demonic Sacrifice during the Ritual then the Ritual is complete and no party member will die, thus making this spell usable by all Warlock spec and unique to Demonology)
--- New Demonic Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifices your summoned demon to grant you an effect that lasts 30 min. The effect is canceled if any Demon is summoned. If used during Ritual of Doom, the Ritual will complete.
Imp: Increases your Fire damage by 10%.
Voidwalker: Restores 2% of total health every 4 sec.
Succubus: Increases your Shadow damage by 10%.
Felhunter: Restores 3% of total mana every 4 sec.
Felguard: Increases your Shadow and Fire damage by 7% and restores 2% of total mana every 4 sec.