Thread: Shadow Embrace

Shadow Embrace

Is it a 2 point talent or a 5 point talent? Wording leads me to believe it's a 2 point talent, but talent calculators on all sites are clunky and WoW's hasn't been updated (Good job Blizz) in a while.

Re: Shadow Embrace

Ingame (beta) its 5 points. Tho it does nothing more after the 3rd point.

OK I read on WoW forums, that you still get the stuff in points 4 and 5 just messed up tooltips. So if it is 5 points still, it's 1/2/3/4/5% more periodic damage and 3/6/9/12/15% periodic healing reduced...stacking twice. Basically cutting the damage but not the debuff...a change I can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    OK I read on WoW forums, that you still get the stuff in points 4 and 5 just messed up tooltips. So if it is 5 points still, it's 1/2/3/4/5% more periodic damage and 3/6/9/12/15% periodic healing reduced...stacking twice. Basically cutting the damage but not the debuff...a change I can live with.

imo they need to remove or improve the "MS" debuff

for pvp if you manage to cast haunt and SB or 2 SBs on a target you got pretty lucky with no one focusing you or with NF procs

keeping that debuff up is gonna be a pain and its probably gonna fail as a strat

Could have some useful PvE benefit. We don't know how some bosses will work. Then, for PvP we are all looking through Arena goggles. World PvP might open up the possibility for us to stack this.

Could have some useful PvE benefit. We don't know how some bosses will work. Then, for PvP we are all looking through Arena goggles. World PvP might open up the possibility for us to stack this.
    unless its bumped to 50% or removed and the talent itself is buffed otherwise... its looking like a fail

in pve it wont stack with MS or the new fury healing debuff making it useless

I wonder why the MS effect was nerfed, I mean, it didn't increase our dps, right? So why nerf it?

Talent budget? geez.. Mortal Strike itself is so much time more powerful, and it's only 1 point. o.0

You honestly can't make me believe a 60% reduction on HoT effectiveness when stacked twice(by casted spells) is overbudgetted for a 5 pointer so deep in a tree.

I think the damage was nerfed not the MS effect. MS effect looks the the same while the damage was lowered by 1% per point.

I think the damage was nerfed not the MS effect. MS effect looks the the same while the damage was lowered by 1% per point.
    MS effect was 60%

now it's 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    MS effect was 60%

now it's 30%
    seeing how blizzard wants all buffs/debuffs to be equal and not stack why didnt they make it the same as MS

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    seeing how blizzard wants all buffs/debuffs to be equal and not stack why didnt they make it the same as MS
    Only works for HoTs

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Only works for HoTs
    i know that.. but the %should be the same

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    i know that.. but the %should be the same
    Not neccesarily.

If it would only affect HoTs, it should have a higher coefficient, because it won't hurt any class that doesn't have HoTs(pallies/shammies -- earthliving weapon and sheath of light aren't really HoTs they rely on, so I'm not counting them)

The 30% when stacked is too low, that's true, the 60% was just fine..

I thought it was higher but was having trouble finding the old spell...Well has anyone tried testing to see if it stacks with MS? I mean 2 different descriptions. One affects all healing the other only affects HoTs.

I thought it was higher but was having trouble finding the old spell...Well has anyone tried testing to see if it stacks with MS? I mean 2 different descriptions. One affects all healing the other only affects HoTs.
    the strongest will probably apply