Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 15/5/51, The Crit Heavy Holy Warrior

Anyway, what about a reckoning pvp build?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...05000000000000
    Play defensively till reckoning pops: wings +double attack + CS + double attack + hammer of wrath= kill?

Im just saying this because it will not be a common pvp build & so a non-anticipated one in the arena. I imagine that there will be classes who fit for a setup with a reckoning paladin.

vs 0/17/54
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

15+ Year Old Account

I've never rolled a pali, but all I gotta say is if you want intelligent feedback post specs on WoWhead forums.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Well, part of the point of the original 15/5/51 Spec is it would REPLACE the Shockadin type build altogether. Here are the basic Pros and Cons of using this over a deep ret shockadin build:

CONS:
    -You loose the defensive bonus of a shield
    -You loose some healing potency as you get less Spellpower from AP (Sheath of Light) than raw spellpower
    -You loose allot more Holy Crit for Heals
    -You loose the Ranged damage and healing of Holy Shock
    -You have much less total mana

PROS:
    -You can Still Heal, the Heals will hit hard, and they will be mana efficient at it
    -Your Heals will heal as much as a Shockadins overall, if not more when you calculate in the SOL hot
    -You have Crusader Strike
    -You have Divine Storm
    -You Crit allot more with your judgements
    -Your judgements hit harder
    -Your Hammer of Wrath Hurts a hell of allot more
    -You can actually do Massive Damage passively with auto attacks/Seals FOR FREE

So basically, Its pretty much a stripped down Smash you in the face, Itemize for ret Spec that would play like a meele shockadin. More offence, Heals still are big- the big thing is you GAIN 2 MELEE ATTACKS TO LOOSE 1 RANGED ATTACK, AND DO MUCH MORE PASSIVE DAMAGE.

Profit?
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

^alot of loose things

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    FAILSPEC !
    QFT.

Its like a retadin spec but with useless holy talent.

And you say to stack lots of crit, yet you dont max out the talent that give u the most +crit to your judgement.

FAILSPEC!
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

I was thinking something along these lines as well(cant access the talent calculator at work to see your exact spec,but something along the lines of 15/5/51). It would be very nice for a just 80 pally trying to find groups, need to dps or heal, you have most of the talents required to do it, sure you may have to be a bit more skilled than if you had every single talent point in a certian tree(light's grace for aoe much).

But the ability to put on some holy gear and still have illumination with a ret spec and being able to walk into an instance might be very nice considering once everyone hits 80 there are going to be alot of people looking for healers and tanks that want to do instances.

I believe this will be one of the most used pally specs who want to go Ret.

Has all the things you need as both pve and pvp for ret.

i like it, but unless blizzard throws us a bone and gives us a proper interrupt no ret paladin without improved hammer of justice will be viable in pvp.

PvP : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

going as retri in wotlk, used to be holy.

Quote Originally Posted by neh0e
    Umm... What? This is rather failspec, also. I love how some people flame others than act like they know it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahren
    Anyway, what about a reckoning pvp build?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...05000000000000
    Play defensively till reckoning pops: wings +double attack + CS + double attack + hammer of wrath= kill?
    Could work...assuming every team you get is has a melee that is going to go straight for you instead of your partner. If you aren't being attacked you lose out on a lot of damage from divine storm.

yiptastic

Personally for PvP, I would rather go all out dps.

top tier holy talents give you a good bit of support, but you are basically opening up yourself for spell lock. Because of this, you will rarely cast holy light in close combat range.

PvP support role is solved by The art of war. We will be critting like mad. Our mana is solved by the new judgement of the wise, so these two talents will give us a good amount of dps and ultility.

this is THE BEST pvp build you can get
    righteous vengeance is crap if any of you bother to do the math. fanaticism is the only useful thing missing, altho with ret aura being permanent, you could move 2 points there from crusade. w/e your pref

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere

this is THE BEST pvp build you can get
    righteous vengeance is crap if any of you bother to do the math. fanaticism is the only useful thing missing, altho with ret aura being permanent, you could move 2 points there from crusade. w/e your pref
    2/3 Sanctified seals not 3/3 combined with stoicism is better
    Art of War and Righteous Vengeance both add to critical damage bonus and they should be along with fanaticism
    Eye for eye, though a great fan since old times, now it's just less appealing with the reduce damage

Eye for an eye now works on all crits not just spell crits, it rocks!
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Eye for an eye now works on all crits not just spell crits, it rocks!
    Eye for an Eye has always felt like a slap in the face. Congratulations, the enemy killed you with a huge crit, and now you get to watch him bandage off the damage Eye for an Eye caused and go on his merry way. I realize it helps to injure an enemy any way you can, and this is but one two-point talent, but I'd much rather put points into killing stuff directly than killing stuff softly when they kill me hard.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    Eye for an Eye has always felt like a slap in the face. Congratulations, the enemy killed you with a huge crit, and now you get to watch him bandage off the damage Eye for an Eye caused and go on his merry way. I realize it helps to injure an enemy any way you can, and this is but one two-point talent, but I'd much rather put points into killing stuff directly than killing stuff softly when they kill me hard.
    We are the defensive habrid after all, actually this talent is best for shockadins and holadins since they don't have suck a reliable Damage output but could survive a lot of damage.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    We are the defensive habrid after all, actually this talent is best for shockadins and holadins since they don't have suck a reliable Damage output but could survive a lot of damage.
    I realize you meant 'such', but in a way, that slip is kind of fitting. Especially now that Sheath of Light got buried.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Melee crits dont hurt as much as spell crits, plate can take care of that. Eye for eye is entirely situational when facing a caster and you need that little extra damage to help finish him. Now the talent had it's damage lowered and added the melee crit reflect which was quite unnecessary.