Mind Flay Graphic?

After seeing the new Warlock beams, I was wondering if any kind beta tester had a screenshot of the new Mind Flay graphic (and I guess Mind Sear as well)?
    :P

Re: Mind Flay Graphic?

Assume it's exactly the same just with a blue color instead of green/purple.

Drain Life and Drain Soul are quite different, and the Chain Heal graphic now has green beam added to it.

Just wondering if they did something different to Mind Flay/Sear. It would detract from the overall feeling of nerfedness that's claimed many class forums. :P

interesting, thanks for the link

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Drain Life, Drain Mana and Drain Soul all looks MUCH better than Mind Flay... Mind Flay should look more like Drain Soul. The new one is almost uglier than the first one.
    -.-

I think the new one sucks balls to .. just a plain line with some white stuff going through it here and there..

Compared to the warlock drains .. jesus :s

I think the current MF on live is pretty awesome actually. Guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Personally, I like that Flay is now I'm a shadow priest kill me! instead of I'm a shadow priest kill me!

I know they are all beams, but tbh you can't compare flay with the drains, since drains get back to you, flay is just damage.

I like the new flay, could be cooler but It's fine imo

/Miklm

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Personally, I like that Flay is now I'm a shadow priest kill me! instead of I'm a shadow priest kill me!
    Agreed. New beam is actually uglier but less likely to be spotted.

You sure that's the new graphics and not just flay in general? I know Attumen's trash had my Flay bug out before the patch; haven't been back to check since. I was thinking Bash'ir's was similar, but I might be thinking of something else.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a better reception for the new mind flay graphic. I personally like it. It's different, it looks like it would be painful to be hit with, etc.

People with strong opinions tend to make sure everyone knows their position, while people who don't have a particularly strong feeling one way or another tend to stay quieter. Those people that hate the Flay graphic will make sure everyone knows how horrible it is, while those who don't care or those who like it won't post (I really can't see that many people being so enthused about it that they immediately go to a forum and post how awesome it is, as it's not a huge positive change).

Same reason pretty much any "poll" that requires the person to send something back, or fill out a long form, or whatever, isn't scientifically valid in most cases, all you get are the strongly opinionated and often the borderline fanatical.

/offtopic

I'll trade you. New life drain makes me even more shiny in the "warlock here low on HP, kill him now" way.

What SPs need is to be less obvious in PvP, not more. Thus the new graphics are good. For PvE I guess that's a moot point, but in PvE it's not a spell you actually want to use anyway - it's just filler when you can't do anything more fun.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Tbh, when i saw the new mind flay i just thought the graphics were bugging out, which basically means i think it looks stupid and out of place. I get the idea of being less noticable, but i still see shadow priests np so you're not getting any benefit against me ^^;. 1 thought though... why does mind flay have to be a beam? why not jsut have the opposing player's head start glwoing in bright, purple, flaming, seary badness (+caster's hands too). Would make it less noticable and if done right it could look pretty cool.

Cmon, it even hits the face now for maximum meltage.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

It does? i've not really checked my head and thinking "ooh, it's melting face!" when i'm being hit by mind flay though. Usually got some other things to worry about ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by MightyLuBu
    1 thought though... why does mind flay have to be a beam? why not jsut have the opposing player's head start glwoing in bright, purple, flaming, seary badness (+caster's hands too). Would make it less noticable and if done right it could look pretty cool.
    Ah yeah I love this idea, where the priest sort of slowly crushes his mind with his fist.. but then they would make a new cast emotion and everything.. oh well