Int vs Spirit as a a MP5 tool in WOLK current beta build 8926

i posted most of this on another thread but i think its important enough to have its own thread.

with the current nurf to SP spirit regain and VT and dispersion both relying on your int for the amount regained, is int better than spirit for a SP mana regen?

INT
    4int = 60mana = 1.5mp5 from VT(at 2.5% per 5seconds) and an extra 21.6 mana from dispersion(at36%) (which is equivilent to 0.6mp5 steady, 180 second cooldown) so 4 int = 2.1mp5 and 1 int = 0.525mp5

SPIRIT
    Normal Spirit regain is calculated using the formula (well it is in live anyway)
    Mana Regen = 5 * sqrt(Int) * Spirit * Base_Regen

base_regen lowers as you lv, at 70 it is 0.009327 so lets assume that its the same at 80(it wont it will be lower) and a 15k mana pool, which is about 844 int (a lot i know, but i want to really test spirit)

mana regen = is 5* Sqrt(844)*0.009327*spirit = 1.35*spirit mp5 while not in the 5 second rule(WHICH YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN), so, meditation is 30% and imp spirit tap is now 10%increase in spirit and 20% regain

NON CRIT
    30% of 1.35*spirit = so 1 spirit = 0.405 mp5
    after a crit
    50% of 1.35*spirit*1.1 = so 1 spirit = 0.7425
    (THIS IS BASED ON THE LV 70 spirit factor, IT WILL BE LOWER THAN THIS IF THEY DONT CHANGE THIER METHODS)

as we cant crit that often due to colldown my guess is that the actual figure will be inbetween the two

compaire that to int = 0.525 mp5

So spirit is no better than int for a SP to regain mana,

spirit has got the 0.1 spell damage, so 80 spirit is 8 spell damage, but 80 int is about 1% extra crit chance, which is better than 8 spell imo, especially now that we get MF crits and 100% bonus damage

Re: Int vs Spirit as a a MP5 tool in WOLK current beta build 8926

Yeah, since shadow power is affecting mindflay and being buffed to 100% Spirit is almost useless, crit chance is the stat shadow priests want now, not spirit

well, you'll need a certain amount of int to get mana pool and regen neutral (as in not going oom in a typical 7min boss fight), but as gear advances you dont need any more, and can just get +dam and +crit screw spirit and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    well, you'll need a certain amount of int to get mana pool and regen neutral (as in not going oom in a typical 7min boss fight), but as gear advances you dont need any more, and can just get +dam and +crit screw spirit and haste.
    Without seeing solid figures on WotLK spriest dps... don't forget that SW:P & VT which currently acount for about 40% of spriest dps can't crit.

Still your numbers are interesting but I feel that int & spirit will both be desirable... it will be interesting to see the numbers of crit rating vs spirit and with 100% crit damage i wonder if spriests will want to be using SW every CD, perhaps some more SW backlash mitigation might be necessary?

Why bother? VE can restore any health you lose in the cooldown of SW.

This will seem very rude. But i just have to ask.

What makes you so sure that your calculations on this are correct, and not anyone elses? Look around and ill guarentee that you can find many calculations regarding the same subject and they will have totally different results, due to many differences in the calculations. Such as the initial numbers of what they simply think is what it should be. I mean, by all means there is nothing wrong with posting this, no rules against it, but i really have gotten rather tired of all the different priest calculations on the same subject.(This is inclucing eu-wow forums aswell)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison