The "I can make the 51 point talents better than blizzard" thread

So yeah, i think i can do better. Heres my ideas -

Affliction -
    Fast Affliction - Instantly applies siphon life (if talented), corruption, curse of agony and unstable affliction to your target. 2 minute cooldown.

Demonology -
    Metamorphosis - You transform into a demon. The transformation takes 3 seconds and you are immune to all damage in this period. While in demon form you retain all your spells, abilities and pets but your dps increases by 40% and you take 40% less damage from all sources. When this effect wears off your current pet's health and mana return to 100%. 3 minute cooldown. Lasts 30 seconds.

Destruction -
    Fel Cast - Upon activation, your next soulfire, shadowbolt or incinerate becomes instant cast. 1 minute cooldown.

Also to add -
    Glyph of soulfire - Your soulfire no longer requires a shard to use. (you can see how awesomely this works with fel cast, especially in raid dps rotations)

I think these are like a million times better than the crap blizzard is giving warlocks atm, and i dont see any of these as overpowered either.

Sooo, these were my ideas, gogo post yours

Re: The "I can make the 51 point talents better than blizzard" thread

Affliction - Fast affliction is not better than Haunt.

Demon - I like the 3 sec immunity, but it was 600% armor for a reason. You don't need more magic mitigation. The duration and cooldown are perfect though for a mix of your version and blizzards.

Fel Cast - Chaos bolt is better.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

Chaos bolt is terrible, but it still is probably better than that. I'm still rooting for the 51 demonology point to be to enslave and keep whatever demon you want.
    This user has been banned.

Fast Affliction - Not better than Haunt...at all.

Fel Cast - How exactly is this ''better'' than what Blizz can do being as that's the old 51-point Destro talent minus the chaos damage? Remember Decimate? Of course you do.

Meta - Eh, not really thrilled with it. The 40% DR beats 600% armor, but the Demon abilities give Blizz's meta MUCH more potential than yours. Only thing I dig about yours is the CD/Duration. Also, immunity while casting...isn't that EXTREMELY exploitable? Basically, cast/cancel/cast and gain perma immunity until you get a cd up or an opening? Like burning your teleport, DoTing up your opponent. They close the distance, you coil and reapply DoTs. When they close the distance cast/cancel etc until tele/coil are back up and repeat. Broken mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh

Demonology -
    Metamorphosis - You transform into a demon. The transformation takes 3 seconds and you are immune to all damage in this period. While in demon form you retain all your spells, abilities and pets but your dps increases by 40% and you take 40% less damage from all sources. When this effect wears off your current pet's health and mana return to 100%. 3 minute cooldown. Lasts 30 seconds.

I think these are like a million times better than the crap blizzard is giving warlocks atm, and i dont see any of these as overpowered either.
    oh i bet you wish that.......

Affliction -
    Fast Affliction - Instantly applies siphon life (if talented), corruption, curse of agony and unstable affliction to your target. 2 minute cooldown.

Demonology -

Destruction -
    Fel Cast - Upon activation, your next soulfire, shadowbolt or incinerate becomes instant cast. 1 minute cooldown.

Also to add -
    Glyph of soulfire - Your soulfire no longer requires a shard to use. (you can see how awesomely this works with fel cast, especially in raid dps rotations)

Sooo, these were my ideas, gogo post yours Cheesy
    Mine's are 999999999 times better.
    Nether Curse: Kills your target and all surrounding targets within a 500 yard radius.
    Illidan Form: Become illidan, with 500% more stats and armor forever.
    Laser Beam: You shoot a laser, disintegrating the target and deleting their account.

Laser beam would make up for all the warlock kicks in the nuts.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Haunt and Meta are fine the only thing I would change is the destruction tallent.

My idea.

The Shadows Linger - All Destruction spells are now Shadowflame spells. Shadowflame spells benefit from both shadow and fire spellpower

This would change all the fire effects into purple fire, because purple > green also so the other players can tell you spec'd into it

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte
    Mine's are 999999999 times better.
    Nether Curse: Kills your target and all surrounding targets within a 500 yard radius.
    Illidan Form: Become illidan, with 500% more stats and armor forever.
    Laser Beam: You shoot a laser, disintegrating the target and deleting their account.
    haha.

i kinda wnated this to be a bit of a serious thread, considering just how poor warlocks are on beta atm and are being raped by everything.

but yea, the laser beam did make me lol. n1 ^^

Just some rough ideas for alternative 51 pointers...

Affliction - Diseases mark - 3 sec cast time, 10 min cooldown. Marks the target with a diseased spore. Every 3 seconds the target will take 10% more damage from your periodic damage sources to a maximum of 110%. Lasts for 45 seconds.

Demonology - Merge- 3 sec cast time, during which the caster is phased out. Merges the warlock with his current pet, making all talents/boosts that the pet has, become his own. In addition, the warlock gains access to the pets arsenal, 40% of the pets health and mana, 25% of it's armor, AP, SP, resistances and other stats. The warlock gets transformed into a similar looking demon and is therefor not considered humanoid anymore, but demon instead.

Destruction - Infernal rain - Channeled spell, 15 seconds. Summons down a rain of infernals in waves of 3 infernals every 3 seconds. These infernals will deal 800-1200 damage on landing and then fight for you for 25 seconds per wave.

These ideas are probably way OP but what i'm thinking about is the concept of the spells, the numbers can be fixed to balance them out.

eeash, you think that the 51 pointer should be presance of mind?

think ill just hang onto chaos bolt myself
    all hail king frost strike

Possess - 2 second cast. A demon attempts to possess your current target causing 1200 shadow damage over 8 seconds and then forces itself out of the target in a shadow explosion causing 2000 more damage. The demon then acts like treant for 45 seconds. 1.30 cooldown.
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

cooms

SUPER DOOPER FEAR! affliction instant 51 points
    you cast fear and it proceeds to cast fear for 2 additional times without having to cast it again after the first duration. no damage will break this and its not dispellable. the person affected are also forced to LoS any type of healing they may need.

15+ Year Old Account

laser beam would be a big issue but a solve as well, because at first every warlock would probably hunt down every other warlock on the server... thus makes warlocks the least played char on the realms but as a special no one ever will whine about locks because the one thing the last warlock will do is hunting down every new created warlock :

there can only be one
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Doubt the demonology will be train a demon and keep it...sounds too much like the hunter's exotic pets talent.

Deleted

Warlocks don't train - we enslave to do our bidding. See, want, take, as Faith put it.

I always wanted one of Illhoof's portals and summon a butt-load of Imps to massacre everything in sight. Then again, Rain of Chaos wouldn't been too shabby. Infernals ahoy!