Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Less QQ more PEW PEW please.

Fellow Paladins,
    If you get a chance please take the time to hop onto any of the other class forums on mmo, live, or beta and ask them for a little less QQ. I think its only fair that we return the favor now that justice has been served.

THE DAY OF RECKONING IS AT HAND AND WE SHALL HAVE OUR RIGHTOUS VENGANCE!!!!!
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Re: Less QQ more PEW PEW please.

True most of the pally problems have been solved, many ret, but a few classes have a reason to whine, esp priests. It's not like there weren't many "qq ret is f**ked" posts around these and wow beta forums now and look where that got us... :P I do thank them all though, some nice buffs

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Eh, I'm not so sure Paladins are that far along. I think there's still going to be some issues in Holy, but hopefully, they'll be getting some love in the future.

Also, Prot seems kinda... empty. I am having a hard time working down the tree without getting abilities that feel worthless. Also, Blessing of Kings being 5 points now upsets me a great deal, I'm not sure what to think about it, but it looks like a huge waste of points now.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Prot doesn't even have an 11pt talent. We aren't exactly done yet, so we are still subject to change. This doesn't mean it will be bad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Prot doesn't even have an 11pt talent. We aren't exactly done yet, so we are still subject to change. This doesn't mean it will be bad, though.
    Exactly; it's unfinished, so I'm not sure what to think. Gods, that 5 point BoK though, really bugs me though.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    Exactly; it's unfinished, so I'm not sure what to think. Gods, that 5 point BoK though, really bugs me though.
    Meh. It's not the greatest idea, but I can deal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Meh. It's not the greatest idea, but I can deal lol.
    Would much rather see a 5% version go Baseline and a 5% increase to it's regular 10% in Tier 2 of Prot. (as in the build in my signature)

Holy will use Wisdom, Ret will use Might, Prot will use Sanctuary. That's pretty much the same case for Healers, DPS, and Tanks too. So Blessing of Kings is kind of pointless anyways, before it was a nice catch-all, but that's when it was 1 point and deep enough in Prot that prot-paladins grabbed it.

Now it's 5, and anybody can get it, so almost all paladins will go "Hey, that's 5 valuable points, I'll skip it and somebody *else* will get it". That seems to be the general reaction; "I'm not going to spend 5 points on it, let Holy/Ret/Prot get it".

- & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

I always had an idea for the paladin. It would have to be refined quite a bit to balance it.

I would like to see a talent somewhere or another like...

5/5points 20/40/60/80/100%
    anytime you are polymorphed, stunned or cyclone(pretty much all cc) after the duration of the cc is up, you are immune to ONLY that cc effect that put you there for the next 4 seconds.

this kinda redefines the paladin class as the "anti-cc class" helps from being cc'd so bad in arena.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

In my opinion the 11 prot talent will be a one-handed needed interrupt spell

Sting of Light
    Requires one handed weapon equiped

Attacks the target causing weapon damage and interrupts spellcasting, also restricts the target from using spell of the same school as the one interrupted for 2 secs. 15 secs CD 2% of base mana cost.

Ideas?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    In my opinion the 11 prot talent will be a one-handed needed interrupt spell

Sting of Light
    Requires one handed weapon equiped

Attacks the target causing weapon damage and interrupts spellcasting, also restricts the target from using spell of the same school as the one interrupted for 2 secs. 15 secs CD 2% of base mana cost.

Ideas?
    See link in signature for perfect example of a 'Spellbreaker' ability. The best part; Blizz has already implemented this ability in the form of an enemy debuff. Might have seen a few Blood Elf mobs in Netherstorm use it; Spellbreaker.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

Dude this is far too powerful for players, first of all it makes mortal strike useless since the healer is usually easier to kill unless he heals himself up so why reduse healing by 50% when you can reduce Healing and Damage by 75%, it would have made every casting class completely helpless against us which is the role of a DK tho in a redused Degree.

Isn't just an interrupt more balanced?

I personally am sick already of warrior and rogues constantly raping me as a clothie.

If there are many more mellee classes that get buffed and continue to steam roll, then no more wow for me.

Dude this is far too powerful for players, first of all it makes mortal strike useless since the healer is usually easier to kill unless he heals himself up so why reduse healing by 50% when you can reduce Healing and Damage by 75%, it would have made every casting class completely helpless against us which is the role of a DK tho in a redused Degree.
    The enemy version causes a 75% reduction in spell casting. The version I suggested (see signature) is only 30% if I remember fight. Might even be 25%.

An interrupt might be nice (You'll see I gave Holy a ranged interrupt fairly low in the tree, so it's something I support), but lots of classes have regular old interrupts. Would be nice if pallies brought something more defense-oriented to the fight... you know, since we're the defense-oriented melee class? An interrupt is just a button you push to stop casters; a 'spellbreaker' ability is something you start a fight with to proactively snub casters.

Edit:
    Yeah, 30%, but I don't get paid enough by Blizzard to tweak stats on talents... in fact, I don't get paid by Blizzard at all. Could probably come down a little, considering it's an 11 point talent that causes half of Mortal Strike. And it's not like Blizzard would ever give a Mortal Strike-like ability to another class for only 11 points.

Oh wait... http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=19434
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    I personally am sick already of warrior and rogues constantly raping me as a clothie.

If there are many more mellee classes that get buffed and continue to steam roll, then no more wow for me.
    It's still beta don't worrie, i was like that too when they crippled retribution with the mana thingie, they will balance all classes as much as they can imo.

Hmm... It's kinda cool if it sticks at 25%, could help a lot at both pve and pvp.

Hmm... It's kinda cool if it sticks at 25%, could help a lot at both pve and pvp.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.... That's my work there, not Blizzards. Don't get your hopes up, we're not that lucky. We'll probably get some 11 point PoS like "When activated, causes your pink armor to turn brilliant white, bursting with divine energy, like a paladin's armor should. Lasts 20 minutes, 1 year cooldown."
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

I know that part, still i am curious about what they will come up:P

Give us an attack usable after Block, some short of holy explosion, returning the Damage Blocked as AOE holy Damage

Give us an attack usable after Block, some short of holy explosion, returning the Damage Blocked as AOE holy Damage
    But that would be interesting, useful, and cool... I doubt we'd see anything like that unless it were a pink explosion.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    But that would be interesting, useful, and cool... I doubt we'd see anything like that unless it were a pink explosion.
    just lol on the floor!