Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: >>>>>Shaman Changes Incoming<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama
    On paper Static Shock seemed to have quite an interesting potential... you sure it sucks that bad? I'd be pretty disappointed =/
    well, never been enhance, but with new ability announced, i am afraid, that finding another place for GCD for refreshing LS with already GCD heavy rotation with Lava lash, will be pretty tough, reverbation sounds like a better choice imo

the folks at EJ have already confirmed that 5/5 reverb will be almost necessary to have a perfect rotation going.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    tbh static shocks and imp shields are pretty pointless, waste of TPs....tried em in beta and they achieve nothing of any note at all. U can spec for max dps AND max buffs if u ignore them.
    You can't spec for max DPS and max buffs by ignoring Imp. Shields and Static Shock, the five points in Unleashed Rage are five less points for Elemental, thus gimping the build if you intend to get 100% crit dmg/focus/reverb. However, it's entirely possible to just skip unleashed rage, as chances are you'll be raiding with a DK buff bot and/or marks hunters.

cheers~

use this...max dps and max buff spec

http://war-tools.com/t58138.html?b=6...35331113201051

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Honestly, why go for Unleashed Rage for raiding? Chances are you'll be with a DK with their buff or a bunch of Marks Hunters =V Save yourself five points and get reverb, THEN it's max DPS.

Edit: Something like this. http://war-tools.com/t58138.html?b=6...30331113231050 Lose the UR, go with Static Shock instead (sans Shield talents) and at best pick up 4/5 reverb. IMO, 0.2 seconds won't make that much of a difference on cooldowns and rotations.

wot would be the point of taking an enh shaman to a raid with no Unleashed rage? lol! Static shock adds sod all dps...ive tested it in Beta...its terrible.

With the changes to the trees and the addition of Lava Lash u'd be mad to take static shock, no unleashed rage and reverb....eliteist jerks (as much as i hate em) have already stated that reverb will be a no go for enh now due to the rotation spacing allowing only 0.5s error in a rotation...which u will never achieve due to lag/reaction times etc...cant make a macro either so we are faced with prioritising abilities on GBC to effect dps..and 1sec less CD on shocks aint gonna matter 1 bit in that....especially when u gotta add in a wind shock to counter the massive aggro ur spells will bring.

15-17 MAX points in ele...rest of points in enh are requirement for pve raiding.

1.) Lava lash ;D ;D ;D
    2.)Weapon mastery
    3.) Mental Quickness and unleashed rage switching
    4.) Earth Bind totem uhhhhh how do I put this delicatly. NONONONONONONONONONONONONO please dont make this final. :-\ :-X :P :'(
    5.) Storm strike ;D

Im happy that they giving much attention to enhancement tree

but dont forget that our elemental tree is still broken. It doesnt have real purpose.

in pve
    why would you bring a ele shaman over a mage or warlock. He is only capable to do 70% of WL dps. None of his buff will makeup for this. (I could careless, since I dont pve anyway)

in arena
    elemental still doesnt have anyway to get out from melee / oshit button, TS is not enough, rogue will ShS back, warrior can intercept, DK will death grip you.
    against caster ele spec also doesnt have any advantages, most of the time they will get counterspelled, spell locked etc. (lava burst has 8s cd)

actually there is a way to FIX pvp shaman problem all spec
    remove HEX cooldown, simple as that. Its just a weaker Fear, why should it even have a cooldown if its can break on damage.

its even usefull for enhance spec, if you get kitted just hex them, and you can get to melee range again, I seriously doubt that the new talent for EB totem will sufficient.

Its also very good for resto, it might allow war/sham to win against rogue/mage.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tal
    Has anyone built a war-tools talent tree to test out the flow of these changes?

I just can't wait for MMO-Champion to make an official one!
    Yes - a generic cookie cutter will possibly be http://www.war-tools.com/t58141.html...33111323105z00

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    the folks at EJ have already confirmed that 5/5 reverb will be almost necessary to have a perfect rotation going.
    I do wish people would READ EJ rather than just quote ONE posting.

We have NOT "confirmed that 5/5 reverb will be almost necessary to have a perfect rotation going." it has been suggested this MIGHT be the case, and as is the nature of the forum people will investigate do shed loads of maths and report back. Remember that the new changes have been announced for less than 24 hours. NO SIMS exist at present that can give figures for the changes. I'm sure however that Tukez will update his excellent sim shortly and we can try these goodies out to see what comes on top.

However in the meantime please refrain from posting inaccurate comments about DISCUSSIONS and POSSIBILITIES mentioned on the EJ forum. Nothing is tied down yet Blizzard still has to make a whole raft of balancing changes so we cannot possibly say at this stage that 5/5 reverb is necessary for a perfect rotation.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    eliteist jerks (as much as i hate em) have already stated that reverb will be a no go for enh now due to the rotation spacing allowing only 0.5s error in a rotation
    And here is some fool quoting the precise opposite of the last guy.

GUYS!!! NO-ONE KNOWS the perfect rotation or spec yet. Things are changing on a daily basis with Blizzard adding new abilities, removing others, buffing some, nerfing others. Given the bulk of changes in the last 24 hours we haven't even begun to simulate this and come up with projections. Don't doubt though that updates will be forth comming. People will put forward suggestions they will be debated and accepted or rejected and collectively we will work out the optimum spec(s)/rotation(s).

Note the plural its looking likely at this stage that Blizzard might get their way and having multiple possible combos equally viable, eg: personal vs raid dps. Its also looking likely that there will be no perfect rotation and instead we will have a priority queue. eg: At all costs make sure X is up, if Y is on CD then Z otherwise A, B, C. etc.

I know some shaman have not agreed with my idea but since totems are a buffing mechanic for the most part why not offer a talent like ALL buff classes do that gives it a 30% chance to not be destroyed when damaged similar to the 30% chance buffs cannot be dispelled

Its far better than the 5hp they have now and i dont think the idea is too overpowered

Lava lash sounds interesting, but the Earthbind change pretty much neuters enhancement PvP (arena). How much will you be using LL when you can't catch your opponent?

Earthbind removes snares (spammable ones that will be reapplied near instantly during cooldown) every 13(or whatever the cooldown is) seconds. No fear protection.
    Spec. Trans removes snares AND roots whenever you want, PLUS a speed boost, PLUS un CC-able pets, PLUS the ability to still use defensive totems.

Yeah, unless they seriously buff that totem, I'd like ST back please.

At least I have a 58 rogue to level and look forward to not getting it's nuts cut off in PvP (arena).

Quote Originally Posted by Domonkazu

but dont forget that our elemental tree is still broken. It doesnt have real purpose.

in pve
    why would you bring a ele shaman over a mage or warlock. He is only capable to do 70% of WL dps. None of his buff will makeup for this. (I could careless, since I dont pve anyway)

in arena
    elemental still doesnt have anyway to get out from melee / oshit button, TS is not enough, rogue will ShS back, warrior can intercept, DK will death grip you.
    against caster ele spec also doesnt have any advantages, most of the time they will get counterspelled, spell locked etc. (lava burst has 8s cd)

remove HEX cooldown, simple as that. Its just a weaker Fear, why should it even have a cooldown if its can break on damage.

its even usefull for enhance spec, if you get kitted just hex them, and you can get to melee range again, I seriously doubt that the new talent for EB totem will sufficient.

Its also very good for resto, it might allow war/sham to win against rogue/mage.
    So true... i agree :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    And here is some fool quoting the precise opposite of the last guy.
    idiot...i am quoting the updated post on EJ based on the latest shaman changes. If u dont wanna hear ppl discussing the new shaman rotations and abilities dont log on forums like this.

Exactly, the enhancement changes have been up for less than a day and already it's been confirmed on EJ that it's the best. Methinks more testing is needed. Especially since enhance was doing such crap damage over the last week. Don't declare enhance is perfect without some solid testing beyond just theorycrafting.

The resto change to Ancestral Awakening still mystifies me for the simple reason that if it never worked right in the first place, why nerf it to hell? First fix the problem, and then do accurate testing. 2ndly, really how much different is than a chain heal. It only has 1 extra target, but the heal is a little stronger... ??? Now, even at 30%, it's still more beneficial to use chain heal because the 2nd is guaranteed and will hit for probably more than AA, and you'll have a 3rd maybe 4th (depending on if you glyph for it) in there too.

Seems like Blizzard wants resto to be TBC all over again.

Levva is the only one making sense here and he/she gets bashed for intelligent (logic driven) arguments. Hello shaman community!

Yes - a generic cookie cutter will possibly be http://www.war-tools.com/t58141.html...33111323105z00
    Aww and miss out on the wolves? I have yet to see the "increased DPS" from the wolves but I'd be sad not to have them. Speaking only for myself, they sounded awesome. Depending on our mana consumption I'd be willing to drop elemental focus or one point in elemental fury to pick them up.

For soloing up to 80 I will definitely have them, but for raiding...well if they suck they suck. I'll be whatever spec gets me where I want to be number-wise.
    Trust the tale not the teller.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy
    Hello shaman community!
    Hi! ;D

As of now, i tested, dps would be higher with these talents in beta up til right now:

Main WF, Off Flametongue.
    Do not underestimate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Domonkazu

in pve

in arena

Because shaman = grounding totem + earth shock on a 6 sec cooldown.

Idk. i personally think theyre gonna fix the elemental tree sooner or later before wrath comes out. They nerfed all the classes to balance them, and now theyre revamping everything again. I know there's alot of skeptics about how things work and what we're capable of, but I'm sure theyre not going to keep a tree useless. Even i used Elemental at 70. it just lacked ALOT compared to other casters.
    Do not underestimate us.