Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So Prot uses what kind of 1-hander now?

With the advent of fantastic new prot talents such as Hammer of the Righteous and Touched by Light, are we going for a spell power 1-hander or are we making a jump to a Tanking or Dps 1-hander now when we tank?

I imagine that the most likely answer is that we'll be using a different one depending on the situation. If we're multi-target tanking (more than 3 mobs since hammer hits 1 target + 2 nearby targets), we'll still equip whatever spell power hammer/sword we have to generate threat for all targets while whacking and sealing our focus, where as if we're tanking a single target, like a boss with no ads, we'll switch to a DPS or tanking 1-hander to generate a large amount of threat thru Divine Storm's brother-from-another-mother talent, Hammer of the Righteous (maybe do some decent damage too). This seems like it wouldn't be too difficult, just macro a weapon switch, no prob. Wonder if this is how Blizzard intends us to tank?

Also ties to the whole debate about prot being viable in pvp now. We focusing on a 1 hander with 150 something dps for big Hammer of Right damage (as well as some nicer reckoning procs)?

Just musing, thoughts?

Re: So Prot uses what kind of 1-hander now?

A two-hander to piss people off for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    heck yeah

No no no, its not because I need a shield to absorb all that damage, its just cause your not a good enough healer, thats all >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Xero759

No no no, its not because I need a shield to absorb all that damage, its just cause your not a good enough healer, thats all >_>
    Absolutely. I personally blame Lolsmite.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I would keep a SD 1h'er for multi-mob packs and then umm

a rogue weapon

for umm

single target / double.
    with the HotR normalization prot warrior weapons may be better than rogue weapons for us.

normalization whats that mean exactly ?

can u give more details ?

it means weapon speed is no longer a big factor. It used to be that prot warrior weapons (typically 1.5 speed) where worthless to us.

Rogue weapons were better since they come in 2.6 speed versions.

Why is it no longer a big factor, it still does weapon damage, 120% without the extra threat, since Wednesday right?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

I not sure when they made the change but it's normalized so weapon speed isn't a factor

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ic.php?t=13527

Nice one Blizzard ;D , Now the evil prot palies will be using/taking all warrior tanking loot :P

single spec loot is a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    single spec loot is a bad thing
    Guess so but let's stick to this thread.

it's on topic I think

prot paladins can now share weapons with casters, tanks, and DPS

really almost any 1 hand weapon is going to be 'ok' though there are no items really itemized for us.

The caster weapons trade white DPS for SP which helps us
    The tank weapons have str and def
    The DPS weapons have AGI (actually a nice stat for us since we have abilities that crit now)

Most likely Warrior tanking weapons. Hopefully they make slower tanking weapons for protadins. Speed doesnt matter but weapon damage does when using HotR which will be one of our major threat spells for boss fights. Seeing as spell damage does less and less for our threat I don't see a reason to NOT take all that stamina, avoidance and weapon damage from a tanking weapon. 1h-spec no longer buffs Consecration or Holy Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by b1t
    Most likely Warrior tanking weapons. Hopefully they make slower tanking weapons for protadins. Speed doesnt matter but weapon damage does when using HotR which will be one of our major threat spells for boss fights. Seeing as spell damage does less and less for our threat I don't see a reason to NOT take all that stamina, avoidance and weapon damage from a tanking weapon. 1h-spec no longer buffs Consecration or Holy Shield.
    Dude read a sec, we don't need slow weapons anymore. THo i am not sure if it's intended or just a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    I not sure when they made the change but it's normalized so weapon speed isn't a factor

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ic.php?t=13527

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Dude read a sec, we don't need slow weapons anymore. THo i am not sure if it's intended or just a bug.
    Read what I said, we dont actually need the slow speed but the DAMAGE slow weapons present. Slow weapons will ALWAYS hit harder then fast weapons on the same itemlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by b1t
    Read what I said, we dont actually need the slow speed but the DAMAGE slow weapons present. Slow weapons will ALWAYS hit harder then fast weapons on the same itemlevel.

Just take a look here http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ic.php?t=13527

It seems slow and fast, lost of weapon damage or not, do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal

Just take a look here http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ic.php?t=13527

It seems slow and fast, lost of weapon damage or not, do the same thing.
    I says we take a page from Hunters and just roll on whatever the heck we want because it looks cool or matches our shield.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Aren't we doing that already?