Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

51 Point Shadow - what would you like?

I really don't like dispersion that much.

I think (personally) it should either be changed to a different tier, reduce the damage you can take and still able to act. Which would basically make it pointless, as it would be a second pain suppression or a different move entirely.

I wouldn't mind a dot, perhaps with a long cool down with a lot of damage.

What about other people?

Re: 51 Point Shadow - what would you like?

keep shadow spawn thing permanetly as a pet imo

maybe a half damage enemy/half self heal spell

maybe a dot tick can have a 15% chance to remove a hot....mmmmmmmmmm (or silence for 2 seconds!) that would average 2 dots 3.3 ticks to activate, 2/10 seconds of silence

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Check the thread I made, with the talent trees I made. Post feedback on my 51 point shadow talent in there.

That was an entire tree.

I wanted to get feed back on just a 51 point talent.

So why not just comment on the final talent...

Because, I wanted to get opinions and start a topic on one specific thing. Its the same reason that misery gets its own topics in the forum, rather than people commenting on one massive thread.

Specifics are good when talking about one thing.

Okay, i'll bite

Dispersion [3 min cooldown]

You disperse all incoming damage. Reducing Damage taken By 90%. Meanwhile 20% of incoming damage is returned directly back at your attackers. while the remaining 70% of incoming damage is dispersed equally around you and deals damage to all enemies within 7 yards of you. You are unable to attack or cast spells during this time. Lasts 6 sec
    It's Just a Ride.

this idea is too intelligent for Blizz ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    this idea is too intelligent for Blizz ^^
    And for the majority of players. ;D
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyBlight
    I really don't like dispersion that much.

I think (personally) it should either be changed to a different tier, reduce the damage you can take and still able to act. Which would basically make it pointless, as it would be a second pain suppression or a different move entirely.

I wouldn't mind a dot, perhaps with a long cool down with a lot of damage.

What about other people?
    Another dot would be the worst thing we can get... as already explained dots can only scale with SD, they receive no scaling from crit and next to 0 scaling from haste.

Dispersion is fine and I for one will enjoy having an ability that is going to make it very difficult for me to die in PvE encounters... half the battle to clear PvE content is keeping your entire raid alive long enough to kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpackler
    Okay, i'll bite

Dispersion [3 min cooldown]

You disperse all incoming damage. Reducing Damage taken By 90%. Meanwhile 20% of incoming damage is returned directly back at your attackers. while the remaining 70% of incoming damage is dispersed equally around you and deals damage to all enemies within 7 yards of you. You are unable to attack or cast spells during this time. Lasts 6 sec

yeah, as soon as you would pop dispersion people would stop attacking you, making this talent pointless. Sorry, dont mean to bash your idea, but i don't think it would go over that well

The best suggestion ive seen is a nether swap - like vengeful spirit in DotA - swaps position with target player at a range of 30 yards. If the target is an enemy they recieve all negative effects you are currently suffering.

You could use it while cc'd I think this would really improve shadow priest survivability as well as allow for some interesting high skill play, swapping people out of LoS swapping people out of range, swapping people to the floor in blade's edge. Obviously it only really has PvP utility so ...

I like Dispersion, its very nice...
    but like Evocate or Iceblock or Cloak of Shadows or even a Pally Bubble...
    its not bloody 51 Talent Point Nice.

36% mana is not much... compared to evocate, innervate.
    It needs more bonus effects imo to be Talent 51 superior.

I think it should either be a DPS ability or something more "WOW!!! Thats Awesome and Unique"... just look at the other 51 Talent points running around and Dispersion just looks "Meh!".

Demon forms, awesome dots, brand new attacks with bonuses, aoes, aoe heals, enrage attacks, Beast mastery, Guardian healing pets, DPS Summoned Pets, Resist Free Fireballs, Dual wield two handed weapons...

oh! Shadow priests just get a 6 seconds of damage reduction and a third of your mana, and you cant do anything during those 6 seconds. So... not 51 talent. Its an "oh crap" button or "cheap mana" button nothing more, I think it should be Tier 6 or 7 maybe.

I have always throught it should of been Mind Sear (or at least another aoe/cone/chain attack) that way we get at a decent level to cover the lack of aoe at the mid-range to upper levels.

What other components they add or remove, all I can say is keep the mana regen thing.

I love having 2 mana regen talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest

yeah, as soon as you would pop dispersion people would stop attacking you, making this talent pointless. Sorry, dont mean to bash your idea, but i don't think it would go over that well
    Haha, that's okay was just throwing something out there for you guys to chew on. the main idea behind this talent was that it would be more of an idiot/skill check for PvP and an oh shit button in PvE/raids. But meh it is a highly situational talent.
    It's Just a Ride.

A couple of ideas I liked...
    a) pet
    b) Better CC
    c) A unique single target attack.

Nightmarefiend
    51 Talent Point - Shadowpriests
    Summons forth a Nightmarefiend from the darkest shadows at the command of the Shadow Priest.

Full pet controls, comes with several control functions, that it chooses from.
    - Nightmare Strike = Physical damage to target.
    - Nightmare Blast = Shadow bolt like damage range dps.
    - Nightmare Monster = Increase size, stamina and taunts for tanking.
    - Shadowphase = Teleports the Nightmare fiend back to the shadow priest, placing it on passive and causing it to phase out, being only visible to the shadow priest and other shadow priests. (cross between imp and the worpeltinger)... while phased it increases the Shadow priest Spirit by X.
    - Nightmare Drain which causes melee damage to replenish mana (turns into into the Shadowfiend we know and love... shared cooldown with Shadowfiend)

The Nightmare fiend is also a lot faster and teleports from target to target like a shadow step... and teleports to return to the shadow priests side.

Appearance... a smaller nastier shadow pet, maybe a dark skin version of those new murlocs. Think half-hunter pet, half-lock imp... all shadow priest.

Dark Shackles
    51 Talent Point
    Crafting chains of the deepest shadows you can create more powerful chains that can target undead, humanoid and animal enemy for up to 50 sec. The shackled unit is unable to move, attack or cast spells. Any damage caused will release the target. Only one target can be shackled at a time, can not be used in conjunction with Shackle Undead or Mind Control.
    (I want more CC that is usable)

Shadowball
    51 Talent Point
    Cast Time: 3.0 seconds
    Summoning the shadows to form a projectile of solid mass that is hurled at force, causing physical damage to its target. The spell can not be resisted as a conventional shadow spell, but is weaker on targets with high physical defense.

This spell is a physical manifestation and is immune to silence or school spell interupts.
    The physical damage gives quiet a jolt to the system, inhibiting the regeneration of new rage/energy/runic power/mana for 2 seconds.

* Recieves all casters bonuses for spell damage (like how a hunter casts physical damage)
    * Recieves all bonuses on the targets from debuffs that increase physical damage (ie lower armor)

An alternative attack that causes a different damage uncommon to casters... physical, and avoids that pesky you got one-school so one-lousey kick will ruin you and those annoying magic spell immune mobs too :P

Meh, I still like having 2 mana regen talents.

The Nightmarefiend would be good if you got rid of the teleporting things, in PvP it would be like LOLYOUCANTDRINKEVER.
    Sensen, we don't need anymore mana regen, currently on the beta I can barely spend mana faster than I regen it. The best thing about pre nerf/partial unnerf dispersion was that with the heal/mana I was using almost exactly 40% mana/health every time the cooldown was up so I was able to level constantly without ever stopping. Now with the health portion gone it's not as lucrative to get even while leveling.

I said shared cooldown with shadow fiend, so it isnt more mana than a shadow fiend... and the teleport can be on a cooldown.

It'd be nice if we received a permanent aggro dump, like ice block (I know, I know, I dont like to compare classes and their talents). Granted, yes, we have a few talents to reduce our threat in the first place (and tank's aggro were increased), but just in case... I think it'd be helpful as an addition to Dispersion.