Thread: Kings

  1. #1

    Kings

    # Blessing of Kings: Now increasing total stats by 2% for 10 min (down from 10%).
    # New Talent: Improved Blessing of Kings: Increases the effect of your Blessing of Kings by 2/4/6/8%.

    What? So they nerfed the buff and now prot has to waste more talent points to get the full 10%? What? Does this seem a little weird to anybody else?
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

  2. #2

    Re: Kings

    its the first 5 points into prot so anyone can get it, its either that or 5% strength.

  3. #3

    Re: Kings

    it's a nerf to prot (ok since the tree was trimmed)
    it's a buff to holy
    it's a buff to PvE ret
    it's a nerf to PvP ret

  4. #4

    Re: Kings

    Umm its a holy buff imo for because most prot/ret pallys dont get kings anyway and those specs want the 10% str instead which holy pallys dont need.

    since all talents have a budget a 1 point talent in T3 would have to be a 5 point talent in T1. The Prot tree looks alot better for all specs.

  5. #5

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    its the first 5 points into prot so anyone can get it, its either that or 5% strength.

    hmm that is a toss up of which to get. Kings is always nice to have to toss on yourself and people, and it increases everything. so maybe Kings would be a good way to go. But then again Might was nerfed from 50% to 25% still thats 25% more AP so more dps. hmmm

    In beta its actualy 10% stats + 8 from taletns if u take, so 18 Smiley
    hope they will fix it soon( in next build ofc )
    ohhh, maybe they will leave it the same. or make 20% if it was 20% i would not even use Might.











    **** Sorry, i was thinking of Imp. Might and not Divine Str.

    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

  6. #6

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Raso
    since all talents have a budget a 1 point talent in T3 would have to be a 5 point talent in T1. The Prot tree looks alot better for all specs.
    acctualy its because it was too good for its t3 level, since being moved.. up.. in a previous change, if it was properly stat pointed it'd be about 3% or 3 talent points (at t3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    ohhh, maybe they will leave it the same. or make 20% if it was 20% i would not even use Might.
    no, its already more powerful than improved PW:F

  7. #7

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    acctualy its because it was too good for its t3 level, since being moved.. up.. in a previous change, if it was properly stat pointed it'd be about 3% or 3 talent points (at t3)

    no, its already more powerful than improved PW:F
    man all PW:F does if give stam lol of course it is better than that, but see it gives more stam than kings does.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

  8. #8

    Re: Kings

    The change to kings overall is a buff for Holy Paladins looking to pick it up, and with the new and improved Blessing of Sanctuary that will be the go to blessing for prot paladins.

    Currently for a Holy paladin to get kings they need to drop 5 points in T1 prot which is either imp devo (has some use... but overall... meh) or redoubt (no raid usefulness here), then another 5 points with T2 prot adding precision (another next to no use for holy raiding paladin), Guardian's Favor (this one can be okay) or Toughness (again, little use in PvE for a holy paladin) and then they can finally get kings.

    With the change they just need to drop 5 points in the tree and they got it, and then can drop another 2 for Guardian's Favor if they wish.

    It's an overall buff for those who will likely be blessing it in raids, prot paladins won't be picking it up anymore though, but overall it's a good change IMO.

    It's also better for ret paladins looking to pick it up for PvE purposes since they will only need to drop 10 points in the tree (assuming they are grabbing Divine Strength) to have kings rather then 11.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire lumenos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    406

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoy
    The change to kings overall is a buff for Holy Paladins looking to pick it up, and with the new and improved Blessing of Sanctuary that will be the go to blessing for prot paladins.

    Currently for a Holy paladin to get kings they need to drop 5 points in T1 prot which is either imp devo (has some use... but overall... meh) or redoubt (no raid usefulness here), then another 5 points with T2 prot adding precision (another next to no use for holy raiding paladin), Guardian's Favor (this one can be okay) or Toughness (again, little use in PvE for a holy paladin) and then they can finally get kings.

    With the change they just need to drop 5 points in the tree and they got it, and then can drop another 2 for Guardian's Favor if they wish.

    It's an overall buff for those who will likely be blessing it in raids, prot paladins won't be picking it up anymore though, but overall it's a good change IMO.

    It's also better for ret paladins looking to pick it up for PvE purposes since they will only need to drop 10 points in the tree (assuming they are grabbing Divine Strength) to have kings rather then 11.
    Well, it's absolutely useless for prot pallies to get this talent now, which is fine by me. I don't know how viable it will be for holy paladins to get it either, seeing as how they're most likely going to want the 5% spell crit in the ret tree with Conviction.

  10. #10

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by lumenos
    Well, it's absolutely useless for prot pallies to get this talent now, which is fine by me. I don't know how viable it will be for holy paladins to get it either, seeing as how they're most likely going to want the 5% spell crit in the ret tree with Conviction.
    Does conviction work with heals? The wording of it says critical strike with all spells and attacks, I never really thought of a critical heal as a strike, could it only apply to offensive abilities?

  11. #11

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoy
    Does conviction work with heals? The wording of it says critical strike with all spells and attacks, I never really thought of a critical heal as a strike, could it only apply to offensive abilities?
    Yes, Conviction works with heals.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  12. #12

    Re: Kings

    Rawberry off hand do you know if Sanctified Seals affects healing spells? It would might make the difference between 51/5/15 build to pick up kings, or a 51/0/18 build with 2 points somewhere.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

    I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

  13. #13

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    Rawberry off hand do you know if Sanctified Seals affects healing spells? It would might make the difference between 51/5/15 build to pick up kings, or a 51/0/18 build with 2 points somewhere.
    Aye, Sanctified Seals affects healing spells.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire lumenos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    406

    Re: Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Yes, Conviction works with heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Aye, Sanctified Seals affects healing spells.
    Exactly why holy pallies won't pick up Kings. I know i wouldn't.

  15. #15

    Re: Kings

    There is no reason to pickup the new Kings for any Paladin... except a raidleader telling you to ofcourse.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  16. #16

    Re: Kings

    Wow, that's an extreme amount of crit from just spec, 13% on Flash of Light and 19% on Holy Light and Holy Shock not to mention the gains from Divine Intellect.

    Blizzard could be counting on it and balancing around Holy paladins picking those up (and assuming no one gets Kings, lol) or I would guess it might be overlooked and changed just to offensive abilities in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •