Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sartharion 10 Man (+ 25 w/ VM) *HARD MODE* downed Details inside - Premonition

Sartharion the Onyx Guardian, the 10 (and 25) man encounter underneath Wyrmrest Accord, has two ways to the encounter.

The easy way to do it is to kill the 3 minibosses in the zone before you encounter him. This trivializes the encounter.

The hard way is to kill all of the trash, but leave the minibosses up. This causes the minibosses to become part of the encounter when you engage Sartharion. This makes the fight significantly more challenging, has scripted events, and other such goodies.

Basically, it goes from making the fight an absolute pushover to something very, very challenging, well worthy of being done by the 'hardcore'.

We started learning it yesterday, came back today, and killed the 10 man version this way. Bonus loot dropped!

We're going to try the 25 man when we can manage a raid for it.

http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ardmodekg6.jpg

Went in with Vis Maior helping fill out the raid, and just did the 25 man version of this as well, all 3 drakes up upon engage, etc. It's not nearly as well-tuned or hard as the 10 man one. Had a dev there watching so they're already aware and are going to be retuning it appropriately.

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ardbetayd7.jpg

Re: Sartharion 10 Man *HARD MODE* downed Details inside - Premonition

nice WTB "working" EU realms :P

also like that thye make it two ways to the boss, and that your choice actually have an effect on the Boss fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Bad ass dude, I'm happy to see "heroic" modes in raids, spices things up
    BAMF.

Reins of the Black Drake? Wow, thats interesting. At least we know now that rare mount drops are still alive!

But im wondering if its rare and you guys got lucky or its a semi-common drop.

hmm..

but yea, nice going! all 3 minibosses, mustve been hard.

Any Screens of the Mount?
    (btw i hope 100% drop for the harder version)

So in "heroic mode" he drops 2+2+bag + tokens + Possible mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Unfortunately, the mount is bugged, and as soon as you "learn" it (they way mounts work in WoTLK), it doesn't go into your "pet/mount" tab. So yeah, no mount yet, can't see it

When it's fixed, we'll take pictures though, if it gets fixed anytime soon :P

Rekk, the guy in our raid that looted the mount wasn't able to actually use it after he learned it, obviously bugged at the moment, so unfortunately we don't have a way to tell what the mount actually looks like.

Meh: Xav beat me to it.
    Devium
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Devium

Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if alot of the guilds did the easier version even if loot is somewhat better int eh hardcore version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadarie
    Rekk, the guy in our raid that looted the mount wasn't able to actually use it after he learned it, obviously bugged at the moment, so unfortunately we don't have a way to tell what the mount actually looks like.

Meh: Xav beat me to it.
    I'm pretty sure the mount will look like a black drake like we have seen alot in Pre-BC. Using a similiar model to the netherdrakes.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I have the feeling that heroic 10-man Sartharion will become the WotLK "ZA bear farm" due to that drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

so you needed 4 tanks? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by pharix
    so you needed 4 tanks? O.o
    We used 3 tanks, Xav, Rekk, and Devium

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    I have the feeling that heroic 10-man Sartharion will become the WotLK "ZA bear farm" due to that drake.
    Doubt it. It's opening raid content, that was easily doable in the gear they had. ZA Bear farm was a completely different type of encounter. Much more demanding, took a lot more execution, coordination and time to pull off. This seems like it'll be a lot more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen88
    Doubt it. It's opening raid content, that was easily doable in the gear they had. ZA Bear farm was a completely different type of encounter. Much more demanding, took a lot more execution, coordination and time to pull off. This seems like it'll be a lot more accessible.
    This isn't really true. Here's my post form the Beta R&D forums about the fight:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...04773&sid=2000

10 Man Sartharion, all drakes up on engage ("hard mode"), average gear level of the raid is full sunwell + lots of extra Naxx10 and 25 loot. Main tank fully Naxx25 tier-piece geared, others in 2-3 pieces each.

We just downed the hard mode version of this fight. You know what we're talking about, obviously, but for the rest of the people: IF you leave all 3 of the miniboss drakes up, the encounter completely changes, new scripted events happen, etc etc. Anyway, we killed it, and got bonus loot - http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ardmodekg6.jpg is the picture.

As for feedback on this version of the fight:

It's an absolute blast, VERY fun. The first few times we did it we were getting demolished as we were overwhelmed so quick. Once we added control though and got used to the fight, it became easier. Then as we thought we had the fight in the bag, we learned we missed an entire part of the fight. Wiping us a bunch more. Very rewarding once we got it, we had some mistakes in our kill, too, and barely killed him in time.

A few changes I think need to happen:

When in the twilight realm, you should not be able to eat cleaves from Sartharion. Yes, you can avoid it by moving Sartharion around, but it just seems awkward.

Sartharion himself should get another buff once all three drakes are killed, so he hits harder. Yes, his damage isn't too high right now because you potentially have to tank 2 other drakes plus him at the same time (briefly), which makes the damage insane. But once all 3 are dead, it's so little damage on the tank.

Everything else seemed to be tuned perfectly, very impressive overall.

Combat Log Parse will be up soon from the attempts+kill today.

Here's the raw log file, not of just the kill though, but attempts today. This will be in a stasis (like wws) parse shortly.

Stasis parse from our attempts/kill today: http://premtest.x10hosting.com/

http://files.filefront.com/WoWCombat.../fileinfo.html

Btw, the bonus tank cloak was ilvl 200 only - instead of 213. I'm sure it was meant to be ilvl 213 like the bonus priest helm was.

Re: Sartharion 10 Man (+ 25 w/ VM) *HARD MODE* downed Details inside - Premonition

To the fellow who won the drake... check your spellbook itself, if a Death Knight you will notice 5 tabs. "General", Blood, Frost, Unholy and Mounts.

Enjoy the ride.
    "I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

Re: Sartharion 10 Man (+ 25 w/ VM) *HARD MODE* downed Details inside - Premonition

It's not in your spellbook. Vanity Pets and Mounts are under the "Pets" tab with your character screen.

I'm well aware of where mounts normally go. However, I speak from experience... have him check his spellbook.
    "I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

Clearly, he's a warrior. Unless he customized every single icon to fool us.

Hmm...

TRICKY GOD-DAMNED DEATH KNIGHTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Oichi
    I'm well aware of where mounts normally go. However, I speak from experience... have him check his spellbook.
    I'm a warrior, I have no extra tab or spell in general.