Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

Even so, at 70 its 875+ spirit. I'm gemmed and geared heavy spirit, tough for many to get anywhere near close.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Even so, at 70 its 875+ spirit. I'm gemmed and geared heavy spirit, tough for many to get anywhere near close.
    WotlK gear is all centered around Spirit. You'll have 1100 easy.

Right, but i was basing mine off of 70 ToW.

LvL 80 ToW provides 280...

Meaning with current beta you'd need over 4k spirit (which wont happen), and with yours you'd still need 1750... IMO, save the TPs and let the Ele Shammies do the heavy lifting. Because even if you beat it on pure spellpower, it wont be by that much, at a loss of quite a few TPs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if IDS was worth going 23 points into Disc.... but it doesn't seem like Blizzard wants us to. The big issue is the way raid buffs stack and the need to revisit what buffs should be innately trainable, or talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Right, but i was basing mine off of 70 ToW.

LvL 80 ToW provides 280...

Meaning with current beta you'd need over 4k spirit (which wont happen), and with yours you'd still need 1750... IMO, save the TPs and let the Ele Shammies do the heavy lifting. Because even if you beat it on pure spellpower, it wont be by that much, at a loss of quite a few TPs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if IDS was worth going 23 points into Disc.... but it doesn't seem like Blizzard wants us to. The big issue is the way raid buffs stack and the need to revisit what buffs should be innately trainable, or talent points.
    That is very true. I kept looking at FT Totem. Don't ask me why, lol.

Could add something unique to it. Grants 10% more mana regeneration while casting.

Yeah... I mean something unique to it would be great.

Further ToW also has 3% crit.

IMO something like the below would be more "Discipline" like. (just a stab in the dark)

Regular DS (1 point-- even though I still think it should be an innate learned talent)- +50 (@l70) spirit and converts 6% of your total spirit as spellpower.
    Imp DS (2/2 points) - increases the strength of your DS (much like Imp fort) by 10/20% and provides a 5/10% chance to enter Spiritual Meditation allowing an additional 15% mana regeneration while casting for 15 seconds.