Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    http://www.war-tools.com/t58226.html


    --
    Comment, tell me what you like / dislike and we'll change it together.

    Edit
    --
    It's less bloated. I can spend 54 talents for everything I need for PvE instead of 58 now.

    Edit 2
    --
    Here's something like what I would get for PvE
    http://www.war-tools.com/t58226.html...15230135221231
    Leaving me 17 points to spend in the Holy Tree. And getting something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

    Update 1:
    Modified Grace to make the effect last 12/24 sec.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Talents that "should" be trained:

    Inner focus - needed in general same goes for meditation and we do not have any real means for regen (besides sf)
    (meditation)
    Improved PW:S - the power on the base shield is weak enough as it is
    Imp Mana Burn - "needed" for pvp, so would help holy and shadow as well.
    Divine Spirit (NOT improved) - as with if and med.
    Power Infusion (changed to self only) - helps shadow priest dps as well. Replaced with appropiate talent (nice single target heal fx.)

    After that:

    place renewed hope together with borrowed time and make some new talent where it was.

    Grace: 8 seconds is too short, even with the +healing from yourself only its too weak compared to blessing of sanctuary still. BUFF IT.

    Penance - lower cd or copy druids seed effect imo. Its supposed to be the "ultimate" single target heal and heals less overall than a gheal (which can proc the same things).

    Note: just speaking for disc here. (would only have light well as trained from holy though).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  3. #3

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Talents that "should" be trained:

    Inner focus - needed in general same goes for meditation and we do not have any real means for regen (besides sf)
    (meditation)
    Improved PW:S - the power on the base shield is weak enough as it is
    Imp Mana Burn - "needed" for pvp
    Divine Spirit (NOT improved) - as with if and med.
    Power Infusion (changed to self only) - helps shadow priest dps as well. Replaced with appropiate talent (nice single target heal fx.)

    After that:

    place renewed hope together with borrowed time and make some new talent where it was.

    Grace: 8 seconds is too short, even with the +healing from yourself only its too weak compared to blessing of sanctuary still. BUFF IT.

    Penance - lower cd or copy druids seed effect imo. Its supposed to be the "ultimate" single target heal and heals less overall than a gheal (which can proc the same things).

    Note: just speaking for disc here. (would only have light well as trained from holy though).
    What exactly are you getting at with Imp Power Word: Shield?
    What do you mean with Divine Spirit (not improved)?
    We don't know if Blizzard is going to make Power Infusion a trainable self buff. If they did I would create a new spell accordingly.
    I would have to decrease the % of crit from renewed hope if put together with Borrowed Time. What do you think? 2,4,6?
    For Penance, what do you think about a 8 second cooldown based with a -2 second cooldown from Aspiration for a 6 second cooldown total. Also, we can get penance to have a proc chance of 10% chance to apply a renew to the target. Whatya think?

    Edit: I forgot to talk about Grace.
    I just thought of something while talking about it.

    What if we did this: Instead of refreshing the 8 seconds, it added onto the 8 seconds. So 8,16,24 sec. Whatya think?

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    I mean that the talent shouldn't be there in the first place - all priests should have the base absorbtion to be those % higher.

    Divine spirit - the normal spirit buff should be trained for all priests, and the discipline priests could spec for improved seeing as its the main point for blizzard to have a disc priest in the raid.

    No we don't know if they will make it trainable atm (though I doubt it the way things are going atm). It was just my own idea / dream

    6% is fine, think its what it has atm.

    Same goes for penance and grace, anything that makes it usefull abit faster and for a longer time imo.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  5. #5

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    I mean that the talent shouldn't be there in the first place - all priests should have the base absorbtion to be those % higher.

    Divine spirit - the normal spirit buff should be trained for all priests, and the discipline priests could spec for improved seeing as its the main point for blizzard to have a disc priest in the raid.

    No we don't know if they will make it trainable atm (though I doubt it the way things are going atm). It was just my own idea / dream

    6% is fine, think its what it has atm.

    Same goes for penance and grace, anything that makes it usefull abit faster and for a longer time imo.
    Well, if you saw what I have done, I made Divine Spirit a 15 point requirement in Discipline - so Holy Priests can get it (and gave it a base 6% bonus damage from Spirit). Then created a new talent Called Improved Divine Spirit which increases that bonus damage by an additional 9% for a 15% total increase. This would make way for Discipline Priests to have a unique buff that they bring to raids and more welcomed in that fact.

    I agree that we all should have our base % higher, but it's already really high. On beta, our shields absorb almost 4800 damage. That's really good.

  6. #6

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Bump - Looking for more feedback please.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Yes I know its a decent absorbtion, but the damage from other classes is getting higher as well and put together with stuns I would call it a high need for our shields.

    and yes I did see what you had done to Divine spirit I just don't think its needed to have the damage in the initial talent. Would only make it even more needed to spec full out. What could be changed however is Improved Divine Spirit was a 1 talent point that was abit higher % than it is atm - not much, just so the end damage was on par or possibly better than flametounge totem and such.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  8. #8

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Yes I know its a decent absorbtion, but the damage from other classes is getting higher as well and put together with stuns I would call it a high need for our shields.

    and yes I did see what you had done to Divine spirit I just don't think its needed to have the damage in the initial talent. Would only make it even more needed to spec full out. What could be changed however is Improved Divine Spirit was a 1 talent point that was abit higher % than it is atm - not much, just so the end damage was on par or possibly better than flametounge totem and such.
    Total average health of non tanks in WotlK is about 17k. I think absorbing 1/3rd of that is just fine. (PvP)

    Divine Spirit shouldn't be a 1 point that increases more than Flame Tounge Totem. It already increases spirit by 80 which affects many other classes. It's a unique buff of it's own. It will NEVER be trainable.

    Based on 500 spirit (which is rather low, because classes already obtain 600+ in live at 70), the 4 points of Divine Spirit provide more +damage than Flame Tongue totem.

    Based on 900-1000 spirit, you gain 135 - 150 spell damage / healing which is TOTALLY fine and good for 3 points.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    which is why I said IMPROVED should be more (and one talent point) - and that wasn't until you had maxed out gear .

    Divine spirit on its own should be trained.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  10. #10

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Updates:

    - Created new talent Improved Inner Focus. (Reduces mana cost on an additional 1/2 spells and increases the critical effect chance by 5/10%)
    - Moved Mental Agility to Tier 5. (Previously Tier 4)
    - Moved Reflective Shield to Tier 7. (Previously Tier 3)
    - Changed Grace to 12/24 sec. (Previously 8 sec)
    - Added addition info on: Penance has a 10% proc chance to apply a Rank 14 Renew. Also reduced the cooldown to 8 sec.
    - Changed Improve Divine Spirit to 5/10%. (Previously 3/6/9%).

  11. #11

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Updates:

    - Created new talent Improved Inner Focus. (Reduces mana cost on an additional 1/2 spells and increases the critical effect chance by 5/10%)
    - Moved Mental Agility to Tier 5. (Previously Tier 4)
    - Moved Reflective Shield to Tier 7. (Previously Tier 3)
    - Changed Grace to 12/24 sec. (Previously 8 sec)
    - Added addition info on: Penance has a 10% proc chance to apply a Rank 14 Renew. Also reduced the cooldown to 8 sec.
    - Changed Improve Divine Spirit to 5/10%. (Previously 3/6/9%).
    Mandible - Besides the Power Word: Shield, what do you think now?

    Just revised Penance to-
    When used on Friendly targets it leaves an everlasting Penance effect that heals the target for 50% of the amount healed for 6 sec every 1 sec. (About 500/sec)

  12. #12

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Updates:

    - Added the following effects to Borrowed Time: In addition if Power Word: Shield is dispelled it will heal the target for 10,20,30% of the absorption that was remaining.

  13. #13

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    If ANYONE at all can post this on the Priest WotlK forums, so I can see what their reaction would be like I would highly appreciate it.

    Thank you.

  14. #14

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    If ANYONE at all can post this on the Priest WotlK forums, so I can see what their reaction would be like I would highly appreciate it.

    Thank you.
    I'll do it for you, mate.

  15. #15

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Danog
    I'll do it for you, mate.
    Thanks

    If you could edit the post with the following.. I'll list the changes in a format.

    - Twin Disciplines: Now affects all spell casts by 5%.
    - Silent Resolve: Now only affects Holy / Discipline spells from dispel effects. (Was going to make Shadow Affinity the same for Shadow)
    - (New) Improved Inner Focus: 1/2 Additional spell casts with 100% mana reduction with an added 5/10% increase in the critical effect chance.
    - Divine Spirit: Moved to Tier 4. Increases spell damage and healing by 6%.
    - (Revised) Mental Strength: In addition to 15% Intellect, now increases Stamina and Spirit by 1,2,3,4,5%.
    - (Revised) Mental Agility: In addition to 10% off instant casts, now increases Spell Haste by 1,2,3,4,5%.
    - (New) Improved Divine Spirit: In addition to the 6% spell damage / healing increase, it will increase it by another 5,10%. (At 1000 Spirit, it gives 160 damage / healing) - Could be toned down to 3/6%.
    - (Revised) Renewed Hope: Increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Penance and Reflective Shield spells by 3,6,10%.
    - (Revised) Aspiration: In addition to the previous effects, it now reduces the Weakened Soul debuff by 2,4 sec.
    - (Revised) Grace: In addition to the previous effects, it now is a 12/24 sec buff duration (changed from 8 sec).
    - (Revised) Borrowed Time: (Removed GCD effects and changed to 3 Points) Increases the amount Absorbed by your Power Word: Shield equal to 15,30,45% of your spell power. In addition if Power Word: Shield is dispelled it will heal the target for 10,20,30% of the absorption that was remaining.
    - (Revised) Penance: Changed to 8 second cool down. In addition to the normal effects, added in an Everlasting Penance effect that heals the target for 50% of the amount healed over 6 sec every 1 sec. (~500 / sec)

  16. #16

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Done.

    Can you take another look at my trees?

  17. #17

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Sure. Give me a few moments.

  18. #18

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Danog
    Done.

    Can you take another look at my trees?
    I feel like I have to spec into many things that I do not want to, to get to the bottom of the Discipline tree. Maybe a rearrangement of the talents, or add something new in below PI.

    Same thing with Holy after Light Well. I should not have to spec 4 points into Holy Specialization. Add something new there.

    Shadow seems fine. I haven't looked at the talents in depth. When I have more time I will do an indepth of all the talents and let you know what I think. (I'll post it in your Topic)

    Also, Dispersion should just be removed.

  19. #19

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree


    What I don't understand is why people are so excited about IDS. Its dead. Just give us basic DS, and rework IDS.

    If you have a Elemental Shammy in your raid (and every raiding guild has at least one), at 70, with IDS (even at 10% IDS, though its 6% on PTR, you'd need over 1400 spirit to beat it).


  20. #20

    Re: My try at the Priest Discipline Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    What I don't understand is why people are so excited about IDS. Its dead. Just give us basic DS, and rework IDS.

    If you have a Elemental Shammy in your raid (and every raiding guild has at least one), at 70, with IDS (even at 10% IDS, though its 6% on PTR, you'd need over 1400 spirit to beat it).

    What you aren't reading is that it would be 16% total.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •