Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re: How Beta 80 Spriests are Spec'ing

no

At 15K max mana dispersion is worth 150mp/5, 80 spirit isn't going to be worth 150mp/5... if i had an accurate idea of what Int and Spirit totals we could expect at lvl 80 i'd give a comparison. Admitadly dispersion will cost you 6 seconds of dps time but over a 6 min encounter I don't think it's that noticable.

You might argue that imp DS gives a DPS value but in order to get Imp DS you have to miss out on 2 points in Twisted faith which would increase your spell power by 4% and add 4% damage to your MB & MF which is always going to be better than extra spellpower equal to 10% of your spirit. I think 1500 spellpower is a very conservative estimate and at this level you'd have to have 600 spirit just to get the same gain in spellpower let alone the 4% extra MF & MB damage.

With spell haste on gear itemisation it demands you go 5/5 imp MB, there is no point having 2.7 MF casts if you have to wait 0.5sec for your next MB CD.

I don't see the logic in 3/5 Mental agility, this only affects instant cast spells. With Twisted Faith you only need to cast SW:P once, SW has an already low mana cost and everythign else you cast isn't instant. I don't see the investment value for 3 points in this talent.

No threat reduction is interesting... I know we get 30% just in shadowform, i'll be interested to know if this is enough given the threat changes built into tanks since Blessing of Salvation got removed. The new VT mechanic also means the threat associated with it won't be attributed to us either.

I don't see the value in 1 point in Imp SF, i'm undecided about this talent but I feel if you want to pick it up you need to invest in it fully or not at all.

Personally I feel this spec is superior but i'm still undecided on the best makeup till I experience the content.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhuhZZGcfVofzciqczAo

Note: I'm assuming the changes listed in the following, namely Shadow Resilience being changed to Mind Melt & Misery being rebuffed.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/96796...t-changes.html

No - I'm telling you HOW they are spec'ing NOW.

At least until they come out with the new changes to Discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka

Personally I feel this spec is superior but i'm still undecided on the best makeup till I experience the content.

Note: I'm assuming the changes listed in the following, namely Shadow Resilience being changed to Mind Melt & Misery being rebuffed.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/96796...t-changes.html
    I like that specc and will probably specc like that with one minor change:

down to 2/3 in shadow weaving and put that one point in veiled shadows

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhuhZZGcfVkrzciqczAo

If our threat isn't as bad in wotlk as in tbc I might take 1 point from shadow affinity and put in veiled shadows too.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    No - I'm telling you HOW they are spec'ing NOW.

At least until they come out with the new changes to Discipline.
    No self respecting spriest would spec that way... i suggest you get some feedback from a few who know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by skuggan
    I like that specc and will probably specc like that with one minor change:

down to 2/3 in shadow weaving and put that one point in veiled shadows

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhuhZZGcfVkrzciqczAo

If our threat isn't as bad in wotlk as in tbc I might take 1 point from shadow affinity and put in veiled shadows too.
    based on current build and know changes this is the spec i can see all good SP taking, depending on threat for tanks 2 shadow affinity 2 veiled shadows,

also i dont see the need for 3/3 shadow weaving at all now, as this is anow a player buff and not a debuff on the mob even when on trash you'll get 5 stacks with 66% chance very easily and with a 15 second duration your unlikely to lose it on a boss.

Re: 2/3 Shadow weaving - I'll possibly do that... if my math is correct there is still a 99% chance of keeping the buff up assuming 7 casts in a 15 sec cycle which you should be able to do more often than not. I'll be interested to see if my math is correct though and will probably search the elitist jerks site for confirmation.

Aerv

@Telitzp sorry, but you have no idea of SPs and you aren't up to date.

If Thread isn't a issue you could Specc like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12325151301350
    but i think we will do a lot of Healing, e.g. be in MT grp, and so aggro could get a problem.
    MaritnR Speec also would be a good option
    Depends on Enconters, if you need More mana so you Specc fiend ful or you need imp Shadow form..

Assuming a 23/48 or 51/20 Priest in the raid 3/5 Twisted Faith is utter fail.

Outside of that it will require theorycrafting. I doubt 80 or so Spirit will make up for 6% Mind Flay/Blast damage.

No Shadow Affinity is interesting, is Imp. Shadowform really enough to forget the talent points there?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka

Great spec imo, but i will atleast replace 2 points from Imp Innerfire amd put them in Veiled shadow.

It seems the specc would be used for PvE so I don't agree with taking talents out of imp. inner fire. Rather remove 2 from Shadow Resilience and put into Veiled Shadows.
    That's my opinion.

I don't get why you all seem so interested in shadow resilience... surely imp shadow form is worth more than reducing the change you're crit by spells unless you're all talking pvp which I have very little interest in...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    I don't get why you all seem so interested in shadow resilience...
    Because it's getting changed to "Mind Melt" Increased chance to crit with mind flay, mind blast, and sw: D

I think everyone's missing the point of the thread, myself included at first. The point is that 80 priests are finding that Dispersion really is worthless from a PvE standpoint, and this might justify a buff or a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    I think everyone's missing the point of the thread, myself included at first. The point is that 80 priests are finding that Dispersion really is worthless from a PvE standpoint, and this might justify a buff or a replacement.
    And the point I made was Dispersion whether you hate it or not is > 80 spirit... so why anyone would ditch dispersion and 2 points in twisted faith to pick up DS is beyond me. It's irrational dislike for a talent that will be very handy because
    1. it can keep you alive when nothing else will
    2. it will provide extra mana regen if required

Whether it needs a buff or not is a different discussion... pure black & white, taking dispersion is a far better idea than DS.

And for the people who wondered why I put points into Shadow Resilience, as a previous post indicated it's being renamed to Mind Melt and it will increase the critical strike chance of MF & MB by 2/4% for 1/2 points. I linked the source of that change in my orginal post if you care to read through it thoroughly.

The only way I can see it being worth dropping Dispersion and 2 pts of Twisted Faith is maybe if you have a really caster heavy raid which for some reason doesn't have another priest who can do it. Pretty unlikely scenario though. Imp. DS is a nice buff, but I doubt many shadow priests would be eager to sacrifice personal DPS, regen and survivability to provide it to the raid.

Hmm, looking at teh talents I would say

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10025152301351

Questions:

Mana regen:

Focused mind Vs IF/meditation. Mind blast/flay are more part of the rotation on account of reapplying SW:P for us, saving a GCD, so what is 5% of that worth Vs meditation/IF. I suspect IF is uber useless now and should be dropped for either the focused mind or 3rd point in imp IF

Do meditation and the imp spirit tap stack? (i.e 50% mana regen whilst casting)

Will reduced SF cooldown be vital? What sort of mana is it returning now?

Threat: 3/3 affinity is a must until raiding with decent tanks imo, I hate holding back ^_^

V.E. : Will we be being counted on as a passive healer (lock/tank group for example) so imp VE necessary?

Spell hit: obviously offers free talent points as and when available.

Imp inner fire:

15% of 120 spell power is 18 spell power. With the new mechanics what is this worth in DPS terms? Does this buff stack with everything?

Imp SF: If any boss has a 'spirit bolt' style effect, it will knock us back twice at most. Imp SF reduces that by 70%. Will that make us get 2 ticks of MF in? Or will it just keep it as useless, one tick in 3 seconds.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, am catching up after 3 months away. Plus guild has stopped raiding now which is a ****.

I think lvl 80 shadowpriests put 50 points in holy. They are so good atm.

This: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhuhZZG0fmRfzciqfzAo

If dispersion isn't improved to a note worthy 51 point talent I can top Blast, get 1 in Affinity for additional 8% or get 1 in Imp VE.