Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WotLK to be released on November 13 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    Joking aside, they have around 6 beta builds to fix quite a bit of stuff. Possible? Yes. Will they do it? Hopefully. Will the QQ stop? No, it's getting worse every single day - see above.
    I hate to admit that ur right about the QQ...

I think 6 Iterations is enough to resolve the Balance issues and fix the remaining content.

Finally a releasedate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuran
    This is a complete disaster!

As a beta tester i can say entire areas of the content havent even been opened to testing yet,and some classes are still completely broken and in some cases nigh-unplayable.
    Storm Peaks and Icecrown is closed for crashing bugs, not that they are unfinished.

Guess we can now say that the old blizzard that would push release dates in order to make sure the game was good, is now dead and buried.
    see above.
    _
    Everyone is crying about balance since no one has the gear they [Blizzard] are balancing after yet, easy as that.
    They are making some radical changes, and apparently half the player-base is diehard conservatists.

My...God. Blizzard is trying to make players quit and lose money. They are trying their hardest to BREAK the classes they made and torture the players who play them. THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE, BLIZZ.
    Do you know how raid/pvp decked classes perform at 80? No? Neither do i. I still have confidence in Blizzard because they are an excellent team. Flame me if you wish, atleast i know you can't satisfy 11 million players, while also implementing new features, new mechanics and rebalancing, especially during beta when every single change gets 5 separate QQ-threads, by people with no other beta knowledge than changelogs on mmo-champion.

Granted i am not in the beta, but i sure as hell don't cry about minor changes when i know nothing about the other beta conditions, like player health, mana pools, cooldowns..

I'm going to WAR with the rest of The Brotherhood of Infinite Tears.
    Infinite Tears? Ironic.

Rememebr TBC, How long AFTER they gave a date did it really come out. :
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath
    Rememebr TBC, How long AFTER they gave a date did it really come out. :
    That is true, but this time only a major setback in production could delay the release. Remember that they've worked on WotLK for 2 years, and had a Beta period of, 2 months now? BC had 3 (or 4?).
    The game [WotLK, not BC] was "guaranteed" a Q4 release, and hopefully we won't see a delay

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    That is true, but this time only a major setback in production could delay the release. Remember that they've worked on WotLK for 2 years, and had a Beta period of, 2 months now? BC had 3 (or 4?).
    The game [WotLK, not BC] was "guaranteed" a Q4 release, and hopefully we won't see a delay
    hopefully, we will, so they can actually try to balance things beforer game will go live, or it will be same shit different day, unbalanced classes with more and more content and gear revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    hopefully, we will, so they can actually try to balance things beforer game will go live, or it will be same shit different day, unbalanced classes with more and more content and gear revealed
    They still have 2 months.

I'd be more pissed if they delayed it than releasing it and classes are quite unbalanced 70-79, and fine at 80 (which is their main priority)

LOL! WotLK releasing on my birthday!

Let's do a quick poll judging by MMO-Champ forums:

DK Forum:
    Necrosis...
    DK Trading skills start point
    Druid Forum:
    Feral Druid is dead
    How to resolve Feral Druid in 4 simple steps
    have there been any blue posts on lack of int on PVP gear?
    Hunter Forum:
    Ouch hunters
    Why Blizz Dont even give HUNTERS a chance to feedback before nerfing?
    Mage Forum:
    Frost mages becoming too RNG based?
    OMG...Nerf....
    Where are our blue posts?
    Paladin Forum:
    Ret Nerf?
    Ret Paladins need Nerfs like you wouldn't believe....
    Priest Forum:
    Shadow spec useless in pve for wrath?
    The world-wide event that happened in every priest's life yesterday
    Shaman Forum:
    Did we just get skipped again?
    Shaman Changes incoming
    Warrior Forum:
    TG Nerf
    TG in pvp after the nerf
    F**k TG and give a serious 51pt Fury Talent
    Warlock Forum:
    Warlocks are no longer useful in PVE setting
    New metamorphosis op
    Mage armor I wonder
    Rogue Forum:
    OMFG NERF NERF NERF
    FFS stop nerfing hunger for blood
    50% CoS Cooldown Nerf is Puzzling
    What the hell, hateful glad?
    WOTLK General Forum:
    Common thread to QQ after losing raid spot
    All the WOTLK items look like crap

So, judging by the above, all the classes are nerfed into oblivion, wotlk is the worst thing that will happen to WoW, etc. etc. etc.

Sigh, the World of Whinecraft at its finest.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPlayer
    I Spoke with in game GM and he CONFIRMED NO DATE HAS BEEN SET. This is an ugly internet promo.
    A GM would be the last person I'd ask for a confirmation.

GMs don't know anything worthwile most of the time, so that hardly proves anything.

Mind you, by now pretty much all of the content that was planned for release has been implemented, so all that is left is balancing and bugfixing.

Two months is quite sufficent time for that.

And Beta won't end until a few days before release likely... i expect it to go gold within the next few days or weeks, if it hasn't already and Blizzard just did not tell us.
    Everything else will be patched in.

Dear god, all the QQ. Who on earth cares if classes are broken when a new expansion hits? Here's the answer: NOBODY!
    And if you wonder why, think again. Everyone will be focused on leveling at that time, so pvp balance is out of question. Nobody will do serious pvp the first couple of months (maybe more), so the classes don't really need to be balanced for pvp. PvE balance, classes are pretty much there, no class is broken, some do more dps than others, but all can do quests and 5 mans. Healers can heal, tanks will tank, dpsers will dps. Everyone will be enjoying the new continent, new talents, new skills, new profession, new lore, new class, it's going to SCREAM fun everywhere and nobody will give a damn if their class does 1.8% less dps than the others.

Deleted

The only sites (That I know of) showing this advertisement: Wowhead, Thottbot, Project Lore.
    Project Lore is in partnership with Wowhead, which along with thottbot is owned by Zam.

So far, we have claims by Zam that it gets released on this day, with no evidence only "This is a legitimate advertisement from Blizzard."
    Blizzard have twice denied these claims on their own forums as 'speculation', http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...327893&sid=1#1 and http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=12#228

So far, the evidence is against this release date. And before anyone says "well a blue wouldn't know about the official release date", they're much more likely to than Zam who have no links to Blizzard.

That means 3.0 is scheduled for release in 2-3 weeks. Forget any big changes now. How they will fix numbers alone within that time is mystery for me.

Ah well in any case it will be easier to level alt no. 3421

I KNEW it would be in freaking November!

Seriously, you guys who are still doubting it, why? I mean, if you ask Blizzard, they'll just say ''No, no, NO''. Why do you think they do that? They love to have you guessing. They don't want to reveal anything, of course. I mean, what would be the fun in that for Blizzard?

Also, didn't someone mention that the reason that they aren't making things completely perfect at first was to shove all the immature and whining players to WAR so that WoW would get a better community? That would make sense, at least.

Also, you don't know if they still need to fix a lot of stuff or if they're just keeping certain things secret from everyone, even beta players. Wouldn't that make sense?

Anyways, even if it hasn't been officially confirmed by Blizzard, it will be a very high chance of being released at that day or very close to it. So just be silent and wait patiently for the game to be released. If you want to go cry about things somewhere, go play the Hello Kitty MMO instead, they have enough cups of care for you over there. Seriously, if you're not satisfied then most people couldn't care less.

Wait patiently for the expansion to be released, and enjoy it. Trust me, it will be awesome.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    Dear god, all the QQ. Who on earth cares if classes are broken when a new expansion hits? Here's the answer: NOBODY!
    And if you wonder why, think again. Everyone will be focused on leveling at that time, so pvp balance is out of question. Nobody will do serious pvp the first couple of months (maybe more), so the classes don't really need to be balanced for pvp. PvE balance, classes are pretty much there, no class is broken, some do more dps than others, but all can do quests and 5 mans. Healers can heal, tanks will tank, dpsers will dps. Everyone will be enjoying the new continent, new talents, new skills, new profession, new lore, new class, it's going to SCREAM fun everywhere and nobody will give a damn if their class does 1.8% less dps than the others.
    its good to c ppl with brain....

15+ Year Old Account

I'll believe the release date once blizzard announces it from their website.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Do you guys actually read?

Blizzard has denied on their forums today, that this release date is correct.

Until you see an official post, Zebracakes, any dates released by third party sites are pure speculation.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    BINGO! This guy has it right. Have you ever known them to have ANYTHING finished by release? They'll have about a month after release to tune all the classes to lvl 80 PvP, as season 5 won't start until at least then. As long as it's fixed by season 5 patch everyone will be happy. They just need to get BG's and wintergrasp working.
    Tuning for PvE should take minutes as each DPS class should have a rotation which gives the best DPS, they just tune each spell's base damage a bit, and make further changes when new content is released. They should be able to have a good shot at this before launch, and then fine-tune it on whatever feedback they get from hardcore guilds. This will mostly apply to healers, as they won't want the shaman stacking to be quite so bad.

Until you see an official post, Zebracakes, any dates released by third party sites are pure speculation.
    Not denied, not confirmed either.

We'll wait and see
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...56327893&sid=1
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

That's my birthday - nice! =)
    There is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is a 'Me' in 'Melas'.