Thread: (PTR) Rapture

(PTR) Rapture

My max mana: 11115
    I cast flash heal: 2300
    I get 87 mana back.
    Edit: If I'm suppose to get back 2.5% on a flash heal, that means I should be getting back 277. Which I clearly am not.

Does anyone know if this is a bug... or is what Rapture means: You can only get back a total of 2.5% mana on a big heal...

So far from I'm reading into - this new Rapture totally sucks (like I said when it first came out)

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Re: (PTR) Rapture

I think it only affects effective heals (no overheal). Not entirely sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danog
    I think it only affects effective heals (no overheal). Not entirely sure, though.
    You get 0 mana back on overhealing.
    I had 1k life. I dropped from the sky on my mount.
    I healed, and got 87 mana. It's not good.

The talent says "up to 2.5%"

To get 2.5% your heal needs to land for 8000 or so, and the amount needed to get 2.5% mana back scales up with level.

At level 72 I appeared to need an 8600 heal to get 2.5% of maximum mana back. This means that flash heal will take a few casts to get 2.5% of max mana back assuming no overheal.

Overall it is a buff to direct heals mana return, FH and GH, but is a very significant nerf to the return from PW:S and Divine Aegis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    The talent says "up to 2.5%"

To get 2.5% your heal needs to land for 8000 or so, and the amount needed to get 2.5% mana back scales up with level.

At level 72 I appeared to need an 8600 heal to get 2.5% of maximum mana back. This means that flash heal will take a few casts to get 2.5% of max mana back assuming no overheal.

Overall it is a buff to direct heals mana return, FH and GH, but is a very significant nerf to the return from PW:S and Divine Aegis.
    Yup...

And you pay 5 talent points for this crap? This has to be the worst crap I have seen.

15+ Year Old Account

Disc is overall still lacking alot.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    My max mana: 11115
    I cast flash heal: 2300
    I get 87 mana back.
    Edit: If I'm suppose to get back 2.5% on a flash heal, that means I should be getting back 277. Which I clearly am not.

Does anyone know if this is a bug... or is what Rapture means: You can only get back a total of 2.5% mana on a big heal...

So far from I'm reading into - this new Rapture totally sucks (like I said when it first came out)

Let's hope I'm wrong.
    You post some real garbage at times... you want Rapture changed back to receiving 2.5% of the heals effect in mana instead? At least that's what you've indicated in other posts and somewhat indicate by stating this 'new' rapture is awful. If it was the old talent, using the example you presented in this thread you'd receive 2.5% of 2300 which is 58 mana which is 34% less mana than you receive in it's current incarnation.

Seems to me the new working of Rapture was a buff of sorts... I bet if you were to model the range of healing spells over time you'd see next to no different between the old Rapture and current Rapture. All they've done is standardise how mana regen mechanics work and probably smoothed out some troughs in peaks in how mana was returned using the other method.

I prefered the Divine Aegis and PW:S and 25% mana returned from that, so that critical heals and using PW:S were extremely mana efficient. As of now however, they buffed the usage of direct heal spells and nerfed the return from DA and PW:S.

Since it now scales with total mana, it at least has more synergy with other parts of discipline, as there isn't much in the way of any increase to healing output just indirect reductions in mana costs.

Rapture would be more of an improvement if it scaled off spirit though, as that seems to be a theme in Disc (mediation, DS, IDS and enlightenment).

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You post some real garbage at times... you want Rapture changed back to receiving 2.5% of the heals effect in mana instead? At least that's what you've indicated in other posts and somewhat indicate by stating this 'new' rapture is awful. If it was the old talent, using the example you presented in this thread you'd receive 2.5% of 2300 which is 58 mana which is 34% less mana than you receive in it's current incarnation.

Seems to me the new working of Rapture was a buff of sorts... I bet if you were to model the range of healing spells over time you'd see next to no different between the old Rapture and current Rapture. All they've done is standardise how mana regen mechanics work and probably smoothed out some troughs in peaks in how mana was returned using the other method.
    Actually what I would like is to get rid of this Rapture all together. And any rapture that was to begin with. It has all been terrible.

Who in their right mind would spend 5 talent points on something that generates such poor mana return?

Anyways to the numbers.
    1 heal point = 0.03391 mana return from rapture
    2300 x 0.03391 = 77.993 (in other words 78mana) (My high normal non crit flash heal) ~cost of flash heal 400 mana = 322
    4000 x 0.03391 = 135 (My normal non crit greater heal) ~cost of greater heal 700 mana = 565 total mana used.
    6400 x 0.03391 = 217.024 (My high crit greater heal) ~cost of greater heal 700mana = 483 total mana used.

Mana would have used - 1800
    Total mana saved - 430
    Total cost - 1370

This may scale better at 80 (from what I heard it gets harder and harder). Who knows we aren't there yet.

All I know is: Spending 5 talent points on this piece of junk is wasted. It's talent points should be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    I prefered the Divine Aegis and PW:S and 25% mana returned from that, so that critical heals and using PW:S were extremely mana efficient. As of now however, they buffed the usage of direct heal spells and nerfed the return from DA and PW:S.

Since it now scales with total mana, it at least has more synergy with other parts of discipline, as there isn't much in the way of any increase to healing output just indirect reductions in mana costs.

Rapture would be more of an improvement if it scaled off spirit though, as that seems to be a theme in Disc (mediation, DS, IDS and enlightenment).
    This is always why I said the previous Rapture was better.

With the 25% mana from PW:Shield and Divine Aegis... alone is a 34.4% increase in mana regeneration. (Live)

In Beta, it was even better!

But hey, Worshaka never believes me. Why should anyone else?

The new rapture is just yet another example of Blizz homogenizing talents... instead of a flat % return, its this wonky % of total mana return. Sigh. I miss the old version.

Yup...

And you pay 5 talent points for this crap? This has to be the worst crap I have seen.

but my 5 points into resto on my druid gives my rejuv ticks a 15% chance to restore 2% mana.... woot im getting like 88 mana back every 24secs if i keep rejuv on myself the whole time

theres a ton of craptastic talents for classes out there right now

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

but my 5 points into resto on my druid gives my rejuv ticks a 15% chance to restore 2% mana.... woot im getting like 88 mana back every 24secs if i keep rejuv on myself the whole time

theres a ton of craptastic talents for classes out there right now
    Whoa whoa, no you did not just come in here with that crap.

Let me write it up for you.

3 Point talent
    Replenish
    Your Rejuvenation spell has a 15% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.

Rejuvenation heals every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. You get 5 ticks.

End Result
    15 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power

30 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 16 Energy, 8 Rage, 2% Mana or 32 Runic Power

45 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 24 Energy, 12 Rage, 3% Mana or 48 Runic Power

60 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 32 Energy, 16 Rage, 4% Mana or 64 Runic Power

75 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 40 Energy, 20 Rage, 5% Mana or 80 Runic Power

Okay, just going by 5% Mana (11115 max mana).
    1% = 111.15
    2% = 222.3
    3% = 333.45
    4% = 444.6
    5% = 556.1

That is pretty much MORE than what you just suggested. Not only that, it is useful for ANYONE in the raid. And, to top it all off, IT IS THREE POINTS; not five like you were suggesting.

Either: Terrible troll, or did nothing before trying to respond to me.

Whoa whoa, no you did not just come in here with that crap.

Let me write it up for you.

3 Point talent
    Replenish
    Your Rejuvenation spell has a 15% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.

Rejuvenation heals every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. You get 5 ticks.

End Result
    15 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power

30 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 16 Energy, 8 Rage, 2% Mana or 32 Runic Power

45 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 24 Energy, 12 Rage, 3% Mana or 48 Runic Power

60 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 32 Energy, 16 Rage, 4% Mana or 64 Runic Power

75 / 100 chance to get 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power
    15 / 100 chance to get 40 Energy, 20 Rage, 5% Mana or 80 Runic Power

Okay, just going by 5% Mana (11115 max mana).
    1% = 111.15
    2% = 222.3
    3% = 333.45
    4% = 444.6
    5% = 556.1

That is pretty much MORE than what you just suggested. Not only that, it is useful for ANYONE in the raid. And, to top it all off, IT IS THREE POINTS; not five like you were suggesting.

Either: Terrible troll, or did nothing before trying to respond to me.
    oops my bad. 3/3

i wasnt trolling, i have a priest as well, i was testing replenish on the PTR and its pretty much a waste, i was just posting that a lot of classes have some pretty bad talent points atm not telling you to shut up and stop QQing

15% or not... i did my own testing and the average mana i got was 88 every 24 secs. I tested it on a warrior and about the same results. Its crap, the rage isnt even noticeable on a warrior and if he was tanking they wouldnt even realize they were getting that extra rage

I'm still confused to why you are saying 24 secs. Rejuev is 15 secs. What in the world are you on?

I'm still confused to why you are saying 24 secs. Rejuev is 15 secs. What in the world are you on?

every 24 secs average is when i get the replenish proc while keeping rejuv up constantly... thats where the 24 secs comes in and thats why im saying its so marginally useful

with the great synergy talents in balance i prob wont bother with the 3/3 in replenish