Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: the reason you play ret

do you take pride in being an asshole? go away

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    do you take pride in being an asshole? go away
    you referring to me?

Hello!
    I play World of Warcraft as a Retribution Paladin because it's a Game and that I find the game more fun that way.
    Investing has much time and effort into my character, give me same rights as other classes.
    Poorly played rogues give less utility than good RetPala but no math in the world will convince stuborn people.

*The End*

Because I like play chars with 2H weapons and its a nice alternative to play to warrior. Looking forward to playing Death Knight and perhaps trying out a shaman with 2H. I like the way the ret pala plays and to me its just as fun if not more fun than warrior. A bit bursty in comparison damage wise to my warrior but Divine Storm should help give a better more fluid damage rotation .
    [/url]

i was talking to offhand.

thank you to the people ignoring this little annoying side thread

why do you play ret?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by zALDARIs
    Hello!
    I play World of Warcraft as a Retribution Paladin because it's a Game and that I find the game more fun that way.
    Investing has much time and effort into my character, give me same rights as other classes.
    Poorly played rogues give less utility than good RetPala but no math in the world will convince stuborn people.

*The End*
    Poorly played indeed. I know you may have unending wells of hate for me because I disagree with you but I fail to see how I become a terrible player because of that.

I started doing a little research to see how ret scales at the t6 level since it's been a while (t5) that I raided ret. According to most sources, 1300 dps seems pretty attainable for a ret paladin in BT so Adamson is right there for his class. That does not mean, however, you should be top 5'ing with those numbers.

Buff stacking does start a whole other duscussion I'd rather get flamed at for.

Because I get that feeling of great satisfaction when I kill a superior geared opponent and he doesn't spirit releases thinking "WTF just happened". Only ret can give you that.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child.
    Do not lie, cheat or steal. These are things for lesser men.
    Protect the weak against the evil strong.
    And never allow thoughts of gain lead you into the pursuit of evil.

His name brought Light to darkest Azeroth.
    His valor tore the walls of mis'ry down.
    The Silver Hand would ne'er do better more
    than give the world the knight who'd give himself.

His fame was not that which he sought to grow,
    nor was the lordship over his own kind.
    Instead he chose to fight for Lordaeron
    to hope his kin would have to fight no more.

The tragic tale of this most holy knight
    will never end with his unholy death.
    We honor him, and we shall give him thanks!
    Uther always shall know glory and Light!

Need I say more?

Think I will anyway ;D
    As you have probable guessed the Lore of a paladin has always been what most attracted me to the class and Retribution is how a paladin should fight. At least the Wrath build is how we should fight, throwing reasonably good healing and excellent buffs around even as we smite the foe with holy power.

On top of that was the challenge. Ret paladins were underpowered for a very long time, one thing people seem to have forgotten is that because any retadin that could hold there own very, very good.

One last thing is that small chance to have an auto-attack proc SoC just as CS lands and to have all of them crit, as an opening to the fight. Few are the classes that let you think “yes, I did just do 6 times my normal weapon damage in less than a second. This will be further enhanced when CS can proc SoC

bummmmmmmmp

yes i did it again, this one shouldn't die

For the free mount at 40.

Just kinda stuck at it after that... full set of S1/2/3/4 later... and not really looking forward to being main streamed in 3.0 to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey
    For the free mount at 40.
    Best reason ever ;D
    Pretty much the reason I rolled a Druid alt - free flying at 68 :P
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

To Smite the Infidels that say I cant DPS