Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Priest Racial changes!!!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/99570...l-changes.html

In an upcoming build all Priest racials have been retired, except the following:

- Desperate Prayer - This is now the 11-point talent in Holy, Holy Nova is now a base ability. Cooldown also reduced to 30 seconds.
    - Devouring Plague - Now a base ability. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, mana cost greatly reduced.
    - Symbol of Hope - Now a base ability. Now restores 5% base mana every 2 seconds for 8 seconds to your party. Renamed "Hymn of Hope."

While this change does reduce the "uniqueness" of different Priests, we feel game balance as a whole will benefit.

Note: These new "racials" are not racials, they are trainable to all Priests.

All I can say is WOOT!

Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

oO nice, i love it. Though i am a dwarfen priest and always had desperate prayer, chastise just sucked. Really nice that all of us are getting "Hymn of Hope" and all that stuff.
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

Devouring Plague on a lower cooldown for every priest+Twisted Faith=nice extra dps boost

The expansion just got so much better.

Awesome, chastise was just a horrid spell. Glad to see they're just wiping out the worthless spells and giving Desperate Prayer and Devouring Plague to all of the priests. Makes my SP very, very happy!

I am Murloc!

So suddenly Bloodelf is the best horde-PvE class for shadowpriest. Mana gain versus fear-removal (wotf even got nerfed).

Bah

Obviously, Draenei is still the best PvE class for alliance shadowpriest, heh, their group mana regen is so awesomesauce.

It would be nice if Devouring Plague could be kept up constantly though. 30 sec cooldown on a 24 sec spell, I mean it is kind of silly. Increase the duration to 30 sec? Or maybe include it in a few talents.
    Hope Desperate Prayer gets some talent buffs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So suddenly Bloodelf is the best horde-PvE class for shadowpriest. Mana gain versus fear-removal (wotf even got nerfed).

Bah

Obviously, Draenei is still the best PvE class for alliance shadowpriest, heh, their group mana regen is so awesomesauce.
    I don't think you understood the post, all priests are getting a slightly changed version of Symbol of Hope. On the other hand, the hit aura will still be very good, especially with the Misery change.

Aerv

Quote Originally Posted by Soulssong
    Awesome, chastise was just a horrid spell. Glad to see they're just wiping out the worthless spells and giving Desperate Prayer and Devouring Plague to all of the priests. Makes my SP very, very happy!
    Desperate Prayer isn't for SP, which really sucks for human Shadows, because it was very nice to have a Instant heal as Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    Desperate Prayer isn't for SP, which really sucks for human Shadows, because it was very nice to have a Instant heal as Shadow.
    Desperate Plague makes up for than and then some. And the Fall of Humanity... things are looking up for Humans. I

Im still celebrating the "Retirement" of Feedback. I remember getting that spell almost two years ago and hating it from the start... its been far to long

I am Murloc!

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    I don't think you understood the post, all priests are getting a slightly changed version of Symbol of Hope. On the other hand, the hit aura will still be very good, especially with the Misery change.
    Yeah, I stopped reading after Dev. Plague

Then Draenei just wins for looking awesome

Coupled with the nerf of human spirit to 5% I no longer feel bad for rolling a draenei priestess. I think I might be melting faces in WotLK after all.

Well, human priest will sadly still be the best (alliance) Holy PvE choice just because they have +5% spirit. Blizzard should really change that -.-
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

Aerv

Fir the have to change back our spirit talents to get a effect by those 5%.

NOOOOOOO

someone on beta please suggest they think about adding shadow guard and hex of weakness to that list.

shadowguard + blackout proc = lol @ rogue

hex of weakness = mini MS effect when theres no other MS effect in party.

I'm a little disappointed about this change but concede it probably had to happen. I for one liked how your race helped customise your class and always felt that this idea could have applied to all the other classes. The problem was they made some serious mistakes in trying to balance the abilities and it obviously got to the point of reaching the too hard basket.

Just as an example, why they only gave Alliance access to fear ward (before it become a base spell) is beyond me. And when the opportunity arose to balance the 2 factions with the introduction of Dranei and Blood Elves they gave the Alliance a 2nd fear ward.

I just feel with some careful thought that race specific class abilities helps players customise their class further and adds some thought to what race you wish to play because as it stands your choice of race is purely one of vanity.

Truth be told in the majority of RPGs, your choice of race is largely cosmetic at high levels. If racials were stronger then race/class optimization would be nigh-compulsory and factored in raid tuning. It could I guess be possible if races had a lot more racials so their throughput for each of their available classes was somewhat balanced, but it is a huge hassle that really does a disservice to any game half as competitive as a WoW. In a different type of RPG that was more forgiving and had a tighter community, sure. But in Warcraft, they should design for balance.

That's disappointing. They are just purging any and everything that is unique among the class/races.

I'm in two minds about this...

on one hand - I don't mind getting symbol of hope, but on the other DO NOT TOUCH MY SHADOWGUARD, and hex of weakness just needs to be buffed
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Sad we're losing Hex and Shadowguard. Very handy in a PvP environment.