Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

Glad chastise isn't available to all priest.

Chastise will be gone. All other racials removed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Furs
    Chastise will be gone. All other racials removed :P
    Wow, nice

the last couple of posts from Blizz regarding SP makes me wanna level mine again, but i guess i should have chosen BE and not UD

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    NOOOOOOO

someone on beta please suggest they think about adding shadow guard and hex of weakness to that list.

shadowguard + blackout proc = lol @ rogue

hex of weakness = mini MS effect when theres no other MS effect in party.
    I will really miss these two racials. Not incredible... but they were what I thought priest racials should have been all along - fun, unique, reasonably useful additions to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    - Desperate Prayer - This is now the 11-point talent in Holy, Holy Nova is now a base ability. Cooldown also reduced to 30 seconds.
    - Devouring Plague - Now a base ability. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, mana cost greatly reduced.
    So... the amount of damage done/healed is staying the same with these? What about the mana cost (lack of a mana cost, actually) on desperate prayer?

While I am reasonably happy with the change, honestly it is so long over due it is silly.

The problem I had was when you create the character, it doesn't mention what abilities you got. When I first started this game for fun, I picked Dranei (which, luckily wasn't a bad choice for a Shadow Priest).

So, while I am happy with this - I don't feel like they are fixing my major concerns with the class.

Star shards and elune's grace gone too then?
    Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Yes... from what people on the official forums are saying (and Koraa).

I'm definitely gonna miss Chastise. I can't even count the number of times it's saved my life, getting a warrior/rogue out of range for 2 secs, long enough for me to get a flash heal off without getting pummeled, yet close enough to not get Deadly Thrown...

RIP Chastise T_T

I don't like this at all. Chastise is one of my favoured PvP abilities, it saved my life or that of someone else very often.
    I liked the face that priests were slightly different and had different abilities depending on race. It gave them a unique feel. Sadly it seems that they don't want anyone to be unique anymore.

WTF Devouring Plague was an undead ONLY ability. Now ALL priests get it??? WTF BLIZZARD LOOK AT THE FUCKING LORE

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr
    WTF Devouring Plague was an undead ONLY ability. Now ALL priests get it??? WTF BLIZZARD LOOK AT THE FUCKING LORE
    they will name it to something with "focus" or "mind" in it so don't worry about the lore
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I am worrying about the lore, it was allready an mistake to make shadowpriests available for all races. There are only undead and some troll shadowpriests in the lore.
    The same shit for death knights, available for all races LAWL so POINTLESS

F*ck F*ck F*ck !!!

i rerolled Draenei priest because of symbol of hope (or..Hymn of hope stupid name) but srsly come on..the only thing Draenei priest has !

>.< damn it..
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

K, this fucking sucks... I rolled a Dwarf Priest _only_ to have Chastise and Desperate Prayer when others wouldn't have it. It's not even 70 yet, and I got tactics on how to use Chastise best. Now they're telling me I won't even have it :'(

I'd seriously rather have Chastise as a 51-point talent in Disc rather than Penance.

51 pt talent lol? i guess it's best if they did remove it, if you are thinking like that then the spell must be op, i never used it myself so i have no idea

I rolled a d0rf priest to get fear ward in the olden days, now i'm not so unique

BUT

I get an instant aoe, a mana regain ability and another dot... i'm pretty happy...

About losing an ability, just think, you gained 3-4

and dont forget, SP's get 5% bonus flay and MB damage for every shadow dot with twisted faith, Dev Plague is a shadowdot... yay more damage AND a boost to MB and Faly.

Awsome changes!