Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

Wrath of the Vanilla King!

It's too bad they are taking out so much of what has made the races and classes unique, just to stop the qqing.

I understand that "balance" is the end all for most of the people that play but isn't fun to be just a little different?

Disappointed to say the least.

I rolled NE cos she's cute lol. This was during TBC so I could of gone goat if I wanted. I love starshards and elune's grace. shards is part of my dps rotation and grace is used frequently in pvp and pve sometimes. that 1 miss might save my life

the changes are nice as we'll be getting the more powerfull ones, but it's a bit disapointing we're loosing our uniqueness.

Yeah... I'm a little dissapointed, however, if you think about it... it NEVER made sense that Priests had racial spells and no other class did. At the end of the day you now have spells you didn't have before.

Think of it like Gnomes only getting Arcane Power if they were mages.
    Think of it like Night Elves only getting feint if they were rogues.
    Think of it like Undead only getting drain life if they were warlocks.

It never made sense that priests had this weird racial/class imbalance while the other classes/races didnt.

MMMMmmm! all these tears are so tasty!

Seriously, it was beyond imbalanced. I was really close at one point to leveling a Night Elf priest just for star shards because i was so desperate for the DPS boost.

At the least now they are making all the priests more balanced. But the overall feel still sucks. Still, they probably will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Think of it like Night Elves only getting feint if they were rogues.
    Noone would care cause feint is full of fail.

Good points nonetheless.

I still want some of the 8029 or what everbuild uber nerfs undone!

I want my f*cking Hex of Weakness + Shadowguard back!

Wow lol Well I made My priest Draenei just for the symbol of hope QQ right? Now I'm missing out on the recently buffed spirit (gives spell power too), human spirit ? for a 3 Min Cd HoT? not fair. I woulda made my priest a human

I hope this will give everyone that chooses race based on anything other than aesthetics something to think about!

Choose the race that you think looks the best ffs! Factoring in minute details like racial spells/abilities is just taking min/maxing too far.

Right now I'm trying to determine which race to make my DK and I'm looking at the Horde races 2H weapon animations to see which one I like the most, and which race looks best in DK style armor. I couldn't care less about their racials abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr
    I hope this will give everyone that chooses race based on anything other than aesthetics something to think about!

Choose the race that you think looks the best ffs! Factoring in minute details like racial spells/abilities is just taking min/maxing too far.

Not everyone is a role-player. All classes are losing unique buffs, so soon we will have 10 of the same classes!
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ktr10009
    Wow lol Well I made My priest Draenei just for the symbol of hope QQ right? Now I'm missing out on the recently buffed spirit (gives spell power too), human spirit ? for a 3 Min Cd HoT? not fair. I woulda made my priest a human

So did i but draenei aint that bad tho... And the difrence prolly aint much in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Not everyone is a role-player. All classes are losing unique buffs, so soon we will have 10 of the same classes!
    I'm not a roleplayer I raid 5 days a week. You don't have to be a roleplayer to have a sense of aesthetics.

i dunno about anyone else....but i love holy nova ><

seriously tho...when you go to help a friend level you can pull an entire instance and just holy nova...no more spending money to respec for it =P

gotta watch out tho cuz the more mobs you have the less damage it does to each of them....which shouldnt be the case....

ps...im a draenei shadow priest and im very happy with the racial changes....

stop QQing

the fact that some priests had an extra dot while others get a holy snare for .00001 second was stupid and im glad they balanced this aspect of the priest class...

Quote Originally Posted by Chastise
    ps...im a draenei shadow priest and im very happy with the racial changes....

stop QQing

the fact that some priests had an extra dot while others get a holy snare for .00001 second was stupid and im glad they balanced this aspect of the priest class...

not every1 is spriest
    and chastise was actually very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    not every1 is spriest
    and chastise was actually very useful.
    Not everyone is a Holy/Disc priest...
    and chastise was not used for spriests...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    not used by spriest?...
    its to give ya a few secs to survive a rogue/war charging ur ass in pvp
    if u didnt use it, ur bad. sorry
    if a shadow priest wastes the mana it took to cast this then pop back into shadowform then they are full of fail....

alsoooo as holy you might not realize this....but chastise comes off after any damage is dealt....so the dots we have rolling on the warrior or rogue you speak of make chastise hold someone in place for less than 1 second....again....1 second of holding someone in place that can still cast and attack for close to 1000mana....not worth it....

/fail

Quote Originally Posted by Chastise
    if a shadow priest wastes the mana it took to cast this then pop back into shadowform then they are full of fail....

alsoooo as holy you might not realize this....but chastise comes off after any damage is dealt....so the dots we have rolling on the warrior or rogue you speak of make chastise hold someone in place for less than 1 second....again....1 second of holding someone in place that can still cast and attack for close to 1000mana....not worth it....

/fail
    Chastise doesn't break on damage and is only 300 mana for non shadow priest. It is very useful for various situations.

Quote Originally Posted by cornflakE
    I want my f*cking Hex of Weakness + Shadowguard back!
    /sign

and that's although I don't pvp