Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    This is a great addition to priest...

    anybody else notice Holy Nova is now trainable
    i am still jumping up and down over holy nova being trainable. its not like the mana cost is rediculous and it heals for nothing. you can't even kill snake traps with it now - not worth the mana (no rank 1)

  2. #82

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    This was a great change overall for the cost of game balancing and all priests will overall benefit.

    Good changes indeed imo.

    Priests still need a snare imo I don't care what anyone says. Either that or make mindflay base spell and give a new 11 pt shadow talent.

  3. #83

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    way to pop my bubble meowmeow.
    It's just a game.

  4. #84

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Yeah... I'm a little dissapointed, however, if you think about it... it NEVER made sense that Priests had racial spells and no other class did. At the end of the day you now have spells you didn't have before.

    Think of it like Gnomes only getting Arcane Power if they were mages.
    Think of it like Night Elves only getting feint if they were rogues.
    Think of it like Undead only getting drain life if they were warlocks.

    It never made sense that priests had this weird racial/class imbalance while the other classes/races didnt.
    It made sense in the fact that priests of different races would be following different religions, therefore the powers granted might be slightly different.

    Also if you look at all the racials, none of them were even close to being staple abilities, almost every single one was situationally useful (save the mana one, its kind of a no brainer) and had a significant cooldown.

    Overall its a good change, altho I think allowing the "Faiths" would have been better (you do a quest chain to grant 3 of the similar spells which can be changed later) but this also would have left priests rather unique so no dice.

    As for Holy Nova, it was made trainable because without rank1 it loses one of the 3 situations it would have been useful for. As for a 11 point trainable 30s desperate prayer, Sounds like disc priests will be even more powerful in arena, other than the whole focused will nerf.

  5. #85

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    It made sense in the fact that priests of different races would be following different religions, therefore the powers granted might be slightly different.
    But it doesn't make sense for Dwarf, Draenei and Human Paladins to have different religions? Or what about Druids? Their Druidic beliefs are different, as you can see by different class quests and cat forms, but they have all the same abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Also if you look at all the racials, none of them were even close to being staple abilities, almost every single one was situationally useful (save the mana one, its kind of a no brainer) and had a significant cooldown.
    If you think the old Fear Ward wasn't a staple spell in old world raiding you are delusional.


    Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Overall its a good change, altho I think allowing the "Faiths" would have been better (you do a quest chain to grant 3 of the similar spells which can be changed later) but this also would have left priests rather unique so no dice.
    Completely agree, would give options like there were before but you don't have to reroll. Some of the racials might have had to have been nerfed though.


  6. #86
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Paladins only believe in the light, and the way they praction their "belief" is the same nomatter what race. Since there is only one race on horde side that can be paladins its still the same way in a sense with the exception of the "racials" (which is only in name now).

    However priests got up to several different belief systems with Forsaken having started the "Forgotten shadow" which is a sort of twisted undead version of the religion; http://www.wowwiki.com/Forgotten_Shadow.

    Basicly the only race that isn't supposed to have a religion that would fit with whats being cast are trolls, but it would take making a specific class for them (witch doctor) to get that done.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  7. #87

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chastise
    if a shadow priest wastes the mana it took to cast this then pop back into shadowform then they are full of fail....

    alsoooo as holy you might not realize this....but chastise comes off after any damage is dealt....so the dots we have rolling on the warrior or rogue you speak of make chastise hold someone in place for less than 1 second....again....1 second of holding someone in place that can still cast and attack for close to 1000mana....not worth it....


    /fail
    DoTs tick on a 3 second timer... i think the /fail is directed at you.

  8. #88

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    5% base mana every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, for a total of 20% mana.

    Thats what? 1500 mana top?
    Better than a kick up the ass isn't it? According to http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana base mana values, depending who is in your party each class will receive

    Druid - 759
    Hunter - 1009
    Mage - 654
    Paladin - 879
    Priest - 773
    Shaman - 879
    Warlock - 859

    So assuming the 5min CD remains you are returning in terms of MP/5

    Druid - 12.6 mp/5
    Hunter - 16.82 mp/5
    Mage - 10.9 mp/5
    Paladin - 14.6 mp/5
    Priest - 12.9 mp/5
    Shaman - 14.7 mp/5
    Warlock - 14.3 mp/5

    So it doesn't set the world on fire but considering there only cost to the spell is a GCD i'm not that upset, might just give you enough mana as a holy priest to cast 2 more spells to keep a tank alive.

  9. #89

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Paladins only believe in the light, and the way they praction their "belief" is the same nomatter what race. Since there is only one race on horde side that can be paladins its still the same way in a sense with the exception of the "racials" (which is only in name now).

    However priests got up to several different belief systems with Forsaken having started the "Forgotten shadow" which is a sort of twisted undead version of the religion; http://www.wowwiki.com/Forgotten_Shadow.

    Basicly the only race that isn't supposed to have a religion that would fit with whats being cast are trolls, but it would take making a specific class for them (witch doctor) to get that done.
    Paladins are actually avatar's or champions of their god, so they their power is directly granted from their god and does change depending on the god they worship.

    However trying to present logical arguments why game mechanics should change is really grasping at straws. Personally I don't like the fact that Race only customises my character asthetically. It's my belief that it's possible to balance racial abilities/spells in the same way classes are balanced. I'd just prefer to have more choice than dumbing everything down to Red Vs Blue. As it stands there is no distinction between the horde & alliance... and very little between the factional races.

  10. #90

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Chastise was so useful for keeping shamans/rogues/warriors at arms length for a few seconds to get a heal off or to kite while your teammates caught up to get them, it does NOT break on damage, AND is in the PHYSICAL school, which means it is useable while SILENCED (If you didn't know that, try it yourself) and wasn't dispelable. So yeah, I'm definitely gonna miss it if they don't give it to all priests, the snare factor helped for keeping a runner in place in PvE, and holding a low life person trying to kite my rogue partner in place long enough for him to catch up after a mage blinks or whatever.

  11. #91

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Paladins are actually avatar's or champions of their god, so they their power is directly granted from their god and does change depending on the god they worship.
    That may be true in other games, but in WoW pallys follow the holy light, which has no gods. All human pallys followed this, but then they taught it to the dwarfs, who also followed it. The blood Elfs imprisoned a Naruu from which they siphoned Holy light energy from (which is the same power granted to the alliance pallys), however bliz have said something about Blood Elfs learning "the way of the light" as no longer need to take (steal) the light.

    The paladin is a warrior of the Holy Light
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin#Overview

    The followers of the Holy Light do not worship any gods. Instead, it is a philosophy, training its followers to seek perfection within themselves.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Holy_light

  12. #92

    Re: Priest Racial changes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    It's my belief that it's possible to balance racial abilities/spells in the same way classes are balanced.
    Four years of WoW say you are wrong, but it sure would be nice if it could happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •