Thread: soul shards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: soul shards

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    I pulled aggro every single fight in MC and BWL as SM/Ruin even with BoSalv.... ppl would turn me down in vent because every pull it was "BOP SMALLPOX BOP SMALLPOX!"
    heh. that kinda brings back memories.

in our 40 mans way back when we had the obligatory two warlocks. one for curse of elements, one for curse of recklessness.

we were both SM/ruin, and we were on the HORDE.

the other guy was named zero. our guild actually took bets on how many times he and i would die to trash mobs, and in AoEs, the bets were on which one of us would die FIRST.
    all hail king frost strike

I raid a warlock, and I can tell you that on progression nights you can use a lot of shards, also if you're pvp'ing and shadowburning often, you can run out fast. I don't mind farming the shards, but at least make them stack. Being able to farm a ton of shards and maybe store them in your bank/bags without taking up as many slots would be really helpful for warlocks. I really don't see why Blizzard thinks this is a bad idea.

Stacking shards needs a max tho 28 slot bag x 20 shard a slot is more than u ever need in a couple of weeks, And u have to farm those back aswell, so then u end up farming a whole day instead of 5 mins outside of shat.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlygodknows
    Okay, i can deal with farming 50+ shards on progression bosses. But when i read that Blizz intends to make us spend shards when we are dpsing, that gives me a pretty big headache. And then, I remember they just made rogue poisons a skill, which means they no longuer have to clog their bags with poinsons, vials and wat not. As a destro lock in BC, i could get away with carying 28-30 shards on farming raids. At least we should be allowed to buy em some vendor, cuz farming shards is just more of a hastle then anything imo.
    soul shards are part of the lock mechanic, as a lock i pretend to use shards, no shards would mean no lock, but i would like ss management to be more funny, they should be more useful also, plus i hate when i get too many of them, when i farm primals i just keep getting shards(imp. drain soul mana) and i have to throw them away, would be cool to be able to give them to our pets to restore hp/mp, or just let them do anything

What if they 'steal' the Runes type of regen for soul shards ? Something like you have one of em (always) and when you use it, you get it back in like 10 secs or whatever ? That way you don't need any bagspace at all. And a 10 sec CD on a shard isn't something I couldn't deal with I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuck
    What if they 'steal' the Runes type of regen for soul shards ? Something like you have one of em (always) and when you use it, you get it back in like 10 secs or whatever ? That way you don't need any bagspace at all. And a 10 sec CD on a shard isn't something I couldn't deal with I suppose.
    Well... i guess it would suck if you Shadowburned someone and then they whacked your puppy in arena... then you are without a pet/soullink for the next 10s.

if you can live that long that is...

Anyway, i would say `yes` for stacking shards. its not the farming thats annoying, its the frequency.

Fix, Soulshard bags with 5 slots, goes into a normal bag and shards stacking by 20.

New Gliphs allow us to cast soulwell with no shard cost... takes care of half of the problems there. But i do think they should stack in 5s. Destro farming isnt easy... but also, ever try nuke suduceing? Now with the new talent that makes your suc instant suduce it will make it much easier.... if your not a retard.

You nuke em down. suduce... run a few feet and finish them with drain. Just takes a little practice and you have to know about how much Hp the mobs have.

Quote Originally Posted by JustNa55ty
    Just takes a little practice and you have to know about how much Hp the mobs have.
    Grab the MobHealth addon. And it's not just handy for grinding shards.

Quote Originally Posted by JustNa55ty
    New Gliphs allow us to cast soulwell with no shard cost... takes care of half of the problems there. But i do think they should stack in 5s. Destro farming isnt easy... but also, ever try nuke suduceing? Now with the new talent that makes your suc instant suduce it will make it much easier.... if your not a retard.

You nuke em down. suduce... run a few feet and finish them with drain. Just takes a little practice and you have to know about how much Hp the mobs have.

1) soul well no where near makes up for 1/2 the shard useage
    2) using up a glyph spot to do it is a waste... id rather farm the few extra shards and use the glyph spot for something that actually benefits me in battle
    3) soul shards, while a very important part of our class, are an outdated mechanic. Hell they changed blind to be physical and removed the reagent cost. I have no problem spending money on reagents... but farming shards is a nuissance. Drain soul a buff or debuff plz and remove the mob level requirement to gain shards...do mobs that are below are level not have souls?

Here is an idea how about the soulshard could have a cool description about whose soul u stored :

e.g
    A hordes characters name / class
    Illiddan's soul
    Vash's

that be funny and it be cool cause u could store them to show ur achievements ^^

As a raiding warlock i knew that on progression night i brought not 1 but 2 Ebon Shadow bags full of shards (56 souls shards total), not just for the mandatory souwells, soul stones and succubus summonings, but i also had to deal with the late healers or off tanks who needed to be summoned directly in so we could start close to on time. taht right there would be an easy 3-6 shards right off the top. soul shards need to stack or not take up bag space.
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

warlock's soul shard skills need more damage
    soul shard skills consume shard,mana!!

I totally agree! Soul Shards and Hunter Ammo need a revamp

"Pillars are the best tings that happend to Hunters, just lay frost trap and send your
    pet in while you run around the pillar and your pet will kill" - Random clueless Rogue.

i wonder how many locks would die of a heart attack if blizz went back to the old way of having your shards dissapear after you log out farming shards might be a pain but its a hell of a lot better than having to farm them everytime you log in to the game

Quote Originally Posted by lostcamping
    i wonder how many locks would die of a heart attack if blizz went back to the old way of having your shards dissapear after you log out farming shards might be a pain but its a hell of a lot better than having to farm them everytime you log in to the game
    wow... wonder how many other classes would have a heart attack if things were reverted... what is the purpose of your post?

its still a broken mechanic, locks are the only class that has to farm their reagent... i dont even mind that part... is asking for stacking shards and quicker gathering or either one really asking a lot? and wtf do other classes care? i see so many other classes jumping in and saying QQ go farm shards

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Vanilla wow locks had garbage damage. I'm sure you didn't need soulshatter back then.

Shadow priests are 2 role hibrids, locks are the pure dps with the worst threat dump and worst CC. (Banish and enslave are gimmicks, you don't use them every pull like sheep/trap/sap)

"worst threat dump"
    pfft my dps warrior's dump is worse, i get close to the top of the threat meter, keep gaining, pull and die.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

the purpose of the post was to say hey blizzard tried to fix it but you still want more
    you wont be happy until you got an easy button tattood on your ass
    how many other classes have broken mechanics
    just because rogues dont have to raise thier poison skill anymore is that a reason to qq about shards
    shards were worse before tbc
    they might be a bit of a pain since they got rid of down ranking
    but i really dont think blizzard will make them stack
    if your gonna qq do it about something more important than bag space
    thats why they made bags to hold soul shards
    go qq about talent trees because imo they are more important than bag space

Schnitter

so how many reagents for buffs and combat uses can you stack in one prada bag?

if you get it at fat sally's a whole shitload