Biggest nerf for pvp shadows

The BIGGEST nerf for shadowpriests is the new Shadow weaving. It's not a debuff on the enemy anymore, that means our dots will be dispelt like SHIT.

Re: Biggest nerf for pvp shadows

thank god game is not only about pvp

I didn't realize that...that is actually a really big deal

It is a nerf. At the same time keep in mind all shadowpriests will have Devouring Plague, and it's a Disease.

It's a leveling buff thou.
    Farming also.
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    It's a leveling buff thou.
    Farming also.
    not a lot of mobs dispel themselves... so the OP is right its a pretty big nerf... i was really looking forward to playing arena with a Spriest and my affliction/Sl lock at 80

Though I guess I wasn't going to be able to use rank 1 SWP to build up the stack of it anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror
    Though I guess I wasn't going to be able to use rank 1 SWP to build up the stack of it anymore anyway.
    you use rank1 swp to build it up? ewww

i thought rank1 was just to get pallys to waste mana on cleanse and to hope for blackout procs

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    you use rank1 swp to build it up? ewww

i thought rank1 was just to get pallys to waste mana on cleanse and to hope for blackout procs
    Using it to stack Weaving isn't useful, though a lot of people do it anywho. Significantly more damage just to start your "rotation."

This is going to hurt PvP quite a bit. I know it's probably too much to hope for, but I'm hoping that we get 30% dispel resist from Silent Resolve and an extra 30% from Shadow Focus or Shadow Affinity. Even with that heavy dispel resistance, it'll still be easier to dispel DoTs than it is now.

As to this being a solo'ing buff: point was that you can keep it stacked to full between mobs instead of having to restack it. That'll be nice.

Aerv

On the other hand its good if u get purged or ? But the old version was still better as Dots are very important for SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    On the other hand its good if u get purged or ? But the old version was still better as Dots are very important for SP.
    Good point... Instead of Shadowweaving helping to keep dots on it will now help to keep your buffs on. So you lose out in one way but gain in another.... that's not to say I wouldn't rather how it currently is but there is a flip side to the change.

i think this is another step to reduce this "luck"-factor in pvp. like the chance from 15% chance to -15% duration of stun, fear and silence effects in the rank1 discipline talent. :-\
    Black is what darkness looks like.

think of not having to stack shadow weaving up on every target, just for exaple mind sear, you get +10% damage without needing to put 5 stacks on every target

sure the dispel protection is lacking