Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Barkskin in forms? Hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Feral Q&A
    Please pass us some further details as to what other tanking talents/abilities we will be given to help cover the differences between feral tanking and humanoid tanking.
    We have to be careful here. Our goal is to make sure all the tanks can do the job, so we want to make sure we don't give druids an ability that will push them over the edge. Druids were really good tanks in BC, especially near the end of the content. I don't feel that we are having to make up a huge deficit. I understand you want to have more buttons to push, but compared to BC you now have new cooldowns like Berserk and Barkskin, and some old groaners like Tiger's Fury and Frenzied Regeneration actually do something cool now.
    I know they were thinking about Barkskin in forms but as far as I know there have been no specific posts yet.
    In my eyes, this looks like Barkskin will be usable in forms soon, or at least in Bear form.
    Did I miss something here, do I misunderstand or are we finally be able to used Barkskin in forms?

Re: Barkskin in forms? Hopefully!

I think that's a confirmation, yes. One could argue it'd give bears too much mitigation, as once every minute they'd take 20% less damage from any source, but other tanks have plenty of tricks while bears only have their thick fur.

Besides, if you can use something like Nature's Grasp on cat form, would be silly to leave barkskin left out.

Can't wait for that change. Maybe we could even stay in cat form for 10 seconds after Pounce's stun ended against melee classes!

Would be a good equivalent of shield block i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    I know they were thinking about Barkskin in forms but as far as I know there have been no specific posts yet.
    In my eyes, this looks like Barkskin will be usable in forms soon, or at least in Bear form.
    Did I miss something here, do I misunderstand or are we finally be able to used Barkskin in forms?
    I can use barkskin in tree form

Instead of the armor increase, ToL should just include barkskin as a constant effect. I mean... bark skin... skin... bark... yeah.

they confirmed barkskin in forms last week

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/96794...-bearwall.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kakura
    Instead of the armor increase, ToL should just include barkskin as a constant effect. I mean... bark skin... skin... bark... yeah.

i said that a long time ago... but id would be overpowered

at least on the public test realms i can kill rogues and warriors with thorns while keeping myself about 90-100% health for the most part and ending the fight with plenty of mana to spare

ToL is still not > than running away but i am enjoying the 38ish% damage mitigation and my HoTs are cheap as hell with the talents in balance

Yeah, I know that post. But the wording seemed to insure to me. 'Might' help etc.
    Anyway, I guess it will be fully confirmed sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto
    I think that's a confirmation, yes. One could argue it'd give bears too much mitigation, as once every minute they'd take 20% less damage from any source, but other tanks have plenty of tricks while bears only have their thick fur.

Besides, if you can use something like Nature's Grasp on cat form, would be silly to leave barkskin left out.
    Blizzard wants to give tanks all the same tools, so it'll probably be changed to mimic shield wall and the pally version.

Still hasn't been implemented has it?

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    Blizzard wants to give tanks all the same tools, so it'll probably be changed to mimic shield wall and the pally version.
    Really? I can't wait for Feral Spell Reflect and Ursine Leap!

Similar tools, perhaps, but not all the same. Still looking a lot better now in light of the blue posts about possible feral barkskin, high-threat FFF, and possibly even mana regen from ILotP.

Still really weird thinking of a mana regen mechanic in a form that has no mana bar. I'm trying to hold back getting excited over that one for now...

Maybe a LotP that triggers a replenish effect? That'd give mana/rage/runic power depending of the class.

They're tweaking all kinds of regen for that anyway.

So many blue posts about such things, Barkskin, FFF or even that super LotP. But no single word about it on today's wall of text!

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto
    Maybe a LotP that triggers a replenish effect? That'd give mana/rage/runic power depending of the class.
    If they gave it a replenish effect that affected rage, etc, based off of the one from the restoration tree, it would be giving us rage and energy in bear and cat form and would probably be considered extremely overpowered, yet would do nothing to help with the actual mana issue.

They're going to have to cook up some brand new code to make an ability that restores mana to a rage/energy user. Unless they just make it proc an MP5 or spirit buff (which both work passively in forms).

What about this? (In addition to the normal imp LotP effect)

After shifting out of Bear, Dire Bear or Cat form, you gain a chance of 50/100 % to lower the mana costs of your next shapeshifting spell by 50/100 % for x seconds.

Make x a number of seconds wich makes it possible to reshift to get out of snares or to shift directly from bear to cat.
    Maybe add something like:

In addition, the mana cost (or cast time) of your next healing spell within x seconds is reduced by x/2x %.

I'd love to see something like that, I really miss the old swiftshifting talent, NS just isn't the same at all

After shifting out of Bear, Dire Bear or Cat form, you gain a chance of 50/100 % to lower the mana costs of your next shapeshifting spell by 50/100 % for x seconds.

Make x a number of seconds wich makes it possible to reshift to get out of snares or to shift directly from bear to cat.
    The amount of QQ will require us to be able to cast aquatic form in land.

What about this? (In addition to the normal imp LotP effect)

Maybe add something like:

In addition, the mana cost (or cast time) of your next healing spell within x seconds is reduced by x/2x %.

are you kidding?
    It's just a game.

what about:

Animal Wisdom(or whatever cool name) :

You regen x% of your total agility every 5 sec in all forms
    or
    Increases your intellect by x% of your total agility in all forms
    or a mix of both
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.