Where is the priest love?

I'm not even a priest, I've never played priest but I do know the class well and I can easily tell atm priests are probably one of the most untouched classes for WOTLK. What is going on and why are priests not really being changed?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Where is the priest love?

Your guess is as good as any others. Atm its really a "we get done if we get done" as I see it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Not to sound creepy, but Blizzard has touched every class. They will get around to all the classes, they are systematically fixing classes.
    *It takes lots of work and this may not be the exact route they do in figuring talents and abilities out. But I know for a fact it isn't a bunch of tards throwing their fists at the keyboard.*
    example:
    1. a class has this talent ->
    2. Does it need to be changed? ->
    3a. Yes, how so? ->
    3b. No. (End) -X
    4. Needs a % increase or added effect. ->
    5. Any other class share a similar talent? ->
    5a. Yes, can it be changed without conflicting with any other talents within the tree? ->
    5b. No, change will be put in *if needed*. It may get put in another talent. -X
    6. Will _____ class(s) benefit from the change equally and not imbalance others? ->
    7a. Yes. It will most likely be put in. -X
    7b. No. It will may/not benefit equally and may/not imbalance other classes. ->
    8. Revision needed, change to %, fold into other talents, placed near the top of the tree?

etc.

Remember a lot of talents share common themes, such as threat reduction. You now have to look at all 10 classes when fixing trees and look at commonly used spells, strategy, role(debatable), synergy with your other talents and other classes. They will fix your class/tree when Blizzard feels it needs to be changed. It also takes a lot of work and data to balance classes out. Skill (meaning you know the ins and outs of your class) however will almost always make your class better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

i think priests got alot of attention, prehaps more then other classes - but i believe the results aren't satifying to many.

i believe mainly pve shadow priests and some pve holy priests

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    i think priests got alot of attention, prehaps more then other classes - but i believe the results aren't satifying to many.

i believe mainly pve shadow priests and some pve holy priests
    I'm sorry, but disc is clearly better for arena now and not only do I get the OP ally priest abilities I can spec shadow and use my healing to PVP.

Really, so far its win/win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    I'm sorry, but disc is clearly better for arena now and not only do I get the OP ally priest abilities I can spec shadow and use my healing to PVP.

Really, so far its win/win/win.
    Yes thats why i wrote:
    pve shadow and pve holy

15+ Year Old Account

Could the people who have no idea that disc is also supposed to be viable for pve go stand in a corner and be shamefull please

If we are getting attention its the negative kind for the most atm (looking at recent nerfs). Regarding developers looking at other classes - no offense but I find that nonsense in most cases. They work at each class seperately mostly and then tweak it in cases. Take fx. a look at how the druid restoration tree flows - well, in basicly all the hybrid cases the trees are much better setup. My guess is the people put on the priests are too affraid of making us overpowered while in fact they should - priests who spec for shadow wouldn't be able to heal anyway and the rest has to be at or over what druids are able to put out (due to the fact druids carry alot more tools than a priest does; cres, innervate, etc).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    I'm not even a priest, I've never played priest but I do know the class well and I can easily tell atm priests are probably one of the most untouched classes for WOTLK. What is going on and why are priests not really being changed?
    It's all subjective atm, without seeing some solid numbers on with lvl 80 gear and experiencing how priests play in all 3 specs all the negative talk about priests is from pure speculation. I'll be trusting the data presented in EJ threads a lot more than the ramblings of a few of the people who like to QQ on here without experiencing the changes.

And for the record, 3.0 changes won't count, those changes are tuned for lvl 80 content, not lvl 70... if we experience problems at lvl 70 in 3.0 suck it up.

wat are they doing about pvp for priests? i as a priest enjoy pvp more then anything else. in the next patch they're making priest's betta for pve but watta bout pvp man; i really enjoy being a priest but i might have to roll something else

priests got some very nice shadow buffs in pvp.
    hopefully I'll see them live very soon

15+ Year Old Account

Firstly, if you care to read blue posts, you will be aware that they have been and are addressing priest issues and adjusting priest talents. Dispersion is being buffed again, and Imp PS (currently called Psychic Horror) has had its effect altered. What they realised is that a lot of shadow talents had moved towards being very strong for PvP but the PvE aspect of them wasn't quite so great. So what is happening -- and I'm sure this is true of other classes as well -- is that Blizzard want to make most talents viable in either situation: PvE or PvP. This enables more versatility, more choice, and less cookie cutter building.

That said, I am switching to shadow on my priest to both level to and raid at 80, so I have focused a lot on the shadow tree. What I do know, is that with the changes that are ongoing, with feedback from both the beta and test realms, priests are getting reviewed and adjusted.

Take, for example, holy nova. It is being removed as a tree talent and being given to all priests as a trainable talent. Changes like this, upon review, are currently being sorted out. We will see more implementation in the few tweak and polish builds between now and release.

Gaiwyn aka Ilyaena

Edit: Clarified Imp PS / Psychic Horror. Not sure what they are actually changing the name of this talent to.
    For the Alliance!