Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retribution Paladins and their so called Dps.

Ok guys it's about time that all those whines about retradins doing a lot of damage get countered. Most of us are very frustrated over this and probably grow runes if Blizzard nerfed us, this has to be it, no more uselessness at 5-mans and no more paladins behind shields. What i would like from you apart from your feedback are the links from Naxxramas damage meters cause i have no access to the beta.

It's about time ppl learn that wow isn't measured around 1v1.

/ignore trolls

Looking forward to the meters, i know i have seen them on a post but i can't seem to find 'em anymore :P
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Re: Retribution Paladins and their so called Dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Looking forward to the meters
    This is Beta. You might as well measure a baby's weight two months before it's even born.

lol at the bunny =x

Quote Originally Posted by Oberscht
    Actually this rocks^^, still loling :P

Anyway, anyone knows where i can find the damage meters of some Beta naxxes?

theres a ret pally in my naxx group right now, ill post back dps momentarily.

Of the 6-7 different meters I have seen, rogues and hunters are on top, locks even more so before immolate and ruin went on NYI.

Paladins have been 8th or 7th, barely pushing out tanks and shadow priests( buff shadow IMO)

I have yet to see ONE, not ONE dmg meter that has paladins making 1-4 on the meters. Considering the amount of QQ you would think it wouldn't be hard to find one. Surprise, lvl 80 talents are balanced at lvl 80.

"I have yet to see ONE, not ONE dmg meter that has paladins making 1-4 on the meters. Considering the amount of QQ you would think it wouldn't be hard to find one. Surprise, lvl 80 talents are balanced at lvl 80."

Well I guess its nice to assume ret is for pvp and not pve currently.

You better hope blizz doesn't nerf your deeps before you get the use it. Atm I doubt blizz will keep ret pally's the way there are on live (or if they do not for too long).

Ret pallies are owning everyone atm.... I guess we'll see but honestly I don't see blizz leaving ret the way they are for too long.

I just hope when they nerf ret pallies again they don't destroy them like they have been for the past year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    You better hope blizz doesn't nerf your deeps before you get the use it. Atm I doubt blizz will keep ret pally's the way there are on live (or if they do not for too long).

Ret pallies are owning everyone atm.... I guess we'll see but honestly I don't see blizz leaving ret the way they are for too long.

I just hope when they nerf ret pallies again they don't destroy them like they have been for the past year or so.
    Btw im assuming you meant ptr and not live, cuz on live pallies are kinda meh.

Anyways we downed 4 hoursmen and I was top dps on my pally.....as prot 1335 dps, ret pally had 1150 dps. Nerf prot maybe?

Myself being Prot for PvE, I whole heartedly disagree with that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by brood1976
    People are complaining about the retarded RET pvp burst. And burst as you know (or you dont probably) has nothing at all to do with pve sustained dps.

Hell, Blizzard is welcome to boost pala pve sustained dps even more if they like as long as they tone down the burst dmg.

If your gonna have this discussion atleast know what its about kk?
    Ummm the op wanted to know what ret dps was like in naxx, isnt that what this discussion is about?

I am not looking for ammo mate, i just want some proof about our pve lvls. People say 'OMGZZ NERFZZ RETLORZz', i am not sure if they should nerf us, i am not on the Beta and i can't get to the PTR due to the long queue. I have seen pvp videos which indicate that paladins are good, maybe too good or maybe not for pvp. Since the pvp data isn't stable i was looking for dps PVE meters, i could always pvp on real but pve was a pain so i focus more on it.

Still looking for meter links.

P.S.: If Blizzard wants to nerf us because of the burst they should consider pve as well, maybe give us better controlable damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Well I don't know anything at all about what you actually asked for in your OP, so I'm just gonna talk about something different. It's popular to do after all.

I tried the PTR for a bit this morning. What I DO know from that, is that my dps and mana regen has been buffed from current BC. A LOT. The days of mana breaks are all but over so far, and I'm not holding back on the nuking. My crits are probably 50% bigger.
    On its own however, all that fact means is that grinding is more fun and less pain now. For raids, that information means nothing at all since I have nothing to compare to

I hope you enjoyed reading that
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

All feedback is welcome, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flametouch
    You gonna start raiding 25-mans same day you hit 80? The game dont start at end-game, thats why its called "END-game".
    lol just because you find yourself in a 25 man raid does not mean you are at 'endgame' thats like saying ok i have done gruul, now uninstall game. To answer your question, where i may not do a 25 man on the day i hit 80 it wont be far off.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    lol who concerns themselves over their class' usefulness in 5 mans?

wow l2...

some form of endgame?
    Yeah!... who cares about their classes usefulness in 5 mans.. i mean it's not like there are classes that have been getting laughed at for ages for being useless in heroics.. Nope. no class/spec i can think of...

have you been carried by the others in your guild for so long you've forgotten that 5 mans and heroics are where you'll be getting your upgraded gear to tackle said endgame content?

Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by clownhair
    Btw im assuming you meant ptr and not live, cuz on live pallies are kinda meh.

Anyways we downed 4 hoursmen and I was top dps on my pally.....as prot 1335 dps, ret pally had 1150 dps. Nerf prot maybe?
    How on earth did he only manage 1150dps? I can do that now on live.

The Judgement of Command change was a step in the right direction.

I still think that seal should be relegated to PvP so Blood/Vengeance/Righteousness can be tuned for PvE more.

These 7-8 position Paladins, are they using Vengeance in conjunction with another Seal?

With the new 20% of max mana, how are their pools faring in a raid environment?

Are they being too conservative with auxilliary abilities like HoW, Consecrate, and anti-undead abilities?

Also keep in mind Blizzard said they wanted to add some more late talents to Ret (Notice how everything late-tree is not only a required DPS talent, but there's literally NO options in the late tree. This could be a place for some more PvE-ish talents to replace some of the PvPish ones.)

epic

I play the class in WotLK that is the worst spec class, that got nerfed, while all the other spec's got buffed. Which class is that? All of them of course...if you believe forum posts

Why do you ppl even argue, we SHOULD be useful, and i mean DAMAGE not utility, at both 5-man and 10/25-man instances.