Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Retribution Paladins and their so called Dps.

Bunny is Legendary^^

Quote Originally Posted by ProPlayer
    LOL RET
    Grow up kid.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    You better hope blizz doesn't nerf your deeps before you get the use it. Atm I doubt blizz will keep ret pally's the way there are on live (or if they do not for too long).

Ret pallies are owning everyone atm.... I guess we'll see but honestly I don't see blizz leaving ret the way they are for too long.

I just hope when they nerf ret pallies again they don't destroy them like they have been for the past year or so.
    Posts like this are the reason why people get all worked up. Let me fix the verbal diarrhea that just spewed out of your mouth.

**Ret pallies are owning everyone atm....**

What you really meant to say...

**Retribution Paladins are no longer a laughed at spec. Yes they have very nice burst damage which is great for PvP, but when it comes to sustained DPS for PvE, they fall to about 5-8 on the DPS charts.**

No longer will people laugh at a Ret Pally. They are now up there in terms of damage. No they are not over powered. People are just not used to the fact that Rets are actually doing DPS.

15+ Year Old Account

Someone asked how we fare with mana in raid, and without having raided I think I can answer that at least somewhat.

I tried different rotations and max dps spammings for about an hour on a Target Dummy in PTR. If you don't know they are set to be lvl 73 bosses, so they can be used for accurate damage feedback.

What I found was that nuking at max I didn't lose any mana, and if I did it was very little at all. I tried healing untill my mana pool was empty, and to get back from 0-full mana took me 40 sec of fighting, doing the same dps as before except for relaxing Divine Storm and Crusader Strike usage.
    Had I maxed them (or at least almost) it would have gone slower but I wouldn't have gone out of mana, I would likely be regenerating slowly.

In other words, mana does not seem to be a problem unless we're asked to stop hitting and start healing, and even then we CAN recover during a long fight
    I was very pleased with it so far.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

I hope this guy is a troll. Any other conclusion is truely concerning...

why, oh why, do trolls exist

15+ Year Old Account

Because some ppl think its funny to QQ on another class forum without being recognized.

No im not a troll, i just dont post very often.

LOL RET
    Keep the LOL RETs coming, I'm still building Reckoning charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Ok guys it's about time that all those whines about retradins doing a lot of damage get countered. Most of us are very frustrated over this and probably grow runes if Blizzard nerfed us, this has to be it, no more uselessness at 5-mans and no more paladins behind shields. What i would like from you apart from your feedback are the links from Naxxramas damage meters cause i have no access to the beta.

It's about time ppl learn that wow isn't measured around 1v1.

/ignore trolls

Looking forward to the meters, i know i have seen them on a post but i can't seem to find 'em anymore :P
    I don't have a WWS, but i can tell you i was doing 2200 self buffed dps on the blasted lands dudes for about 30 minutes on a mainly BT geared ret pally with cat's edge. I factored out hammer of wrath and ret aura for obvious reasons and it came out to about 1800 dps. Self buffed? thats a pretty big improvement. Just the fact that i could dps anything for 30 minutes is a big improvement lol. Unless you're spamming consecrate and hammer of wrath theres no way you can lose mana anymore, and instant 1400 reg flash's ftw...

Another Butthurt Ret Pally? QQ less go roll a real class nubsauce.

LOL RET
    I am really sorry mister ''real class'' but one is actually paying any attension to you, i mean come on who will listen to a guy named ''ProPlayer'' lol. Wanna hear my guess? You are either a stupid warrior or a mindless warlock who are afraid we will steal their raid spot. Let me tell you a little secret, we won't replace classes in raids, we will replace nubs like you.

Got the picture?
    Mr.OMGTHEPALLIEWILLSTEALMYSPOT
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

I'm sure Retribution has had enough changes to not be lol'ed anymore.

Time will tell. Fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blupp74
    I'm sure Retribution has had enough changes to not be lol'ed anymore.

Time will tell. Fairly soon.
    Amen, I really enjoyed the massive "nerf ret" yells all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    I don't have a WWS, but i can tell you i was doing 2200 self buffed dps on the blasted lands dudes for about 30 minutes on a mainly BT geared ret pally with cat's edge. I factored out hammer of wrath and ret aura for obvious reasons and it came out to about 1800 dps. Self buffed? thats a pretty big improvement. Just the fact that i could dps anything for 30 minutes is a big improvement lol. Unless you're spamming consecrate and hammer of wrath theres no way you can lose mana anymore, and instant 1400 reg flash's ftw...

Just because ret dps increased from from live to 3.0 does not mean other classes dps did not increase greatly as well. Though right now as I have no way of telling how good or bad most of the people from other classes are on the ptr. I will not be convinced until i can compare the differences in dps between me and guildies compared to what they were, on live.